JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Bull-pups are far more exciting
But with the huge drawback of no adjustable stocks. Which isn't too bad IMO, but I don't wear plates so there's that. I like my AUG, but that's the drawback of bullpups.
What I would like to see in a Infantry rifle ...
( This coming from a former Infantry / LRRP / LRSD solider...)
Simple to use and clean...
Reliable...
A good balance of:
Rounds that can be carried...
Ballistic performance...
And overall weight and "handiness" of carrying...
Capable of good "battlefield accuracy"....
Less of the "Science fiction" gizmo's...
Sounds like most issued rifles. :eek:

But with the huge drawback of no adjustable stocks. Which isn't too bad IMO, but I don't wear plates so there's that. I like my AUG, but that's the drawback of bullpups.

Sounds like most issued rifles. :eek:

There's no reason a adjustable stock could not be incorporated into the design of a bullpup, it just seems to fly counterintuitive to the design because those who are purchasing bullpups are seeking the shortest OAL without getting into SBR territory, adding something that elongates the stock generally isn't desired. They will likely be the way of the future though eventually as technology improves.

There's no reason a adjustable stock could not be incorporated into the design of a bullpup, it just seems to fly counterintuitive to the design because those who are purchasing bullpups are seeking the shortest OAL without getting into SBR territory, adding something that elongates the stock generally isn't desired. They will likely be the way of the future though eventually as technology improves.
The bolt carrier is why. The purpose of the adjustable stock is less length of rifle and more length of pull for plate carrier.

There is a bullpup with adjustable stock but its not shorter and just gets longer.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top