JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey all,

Hoping to get some fellow members advice and two cents for a possible First time seller on Armslist. Haven't registered as of yet, but would like to broaden my field of sale to prospective buyers with 941 pending. Pro's & Cons and what to expect during process fraud alerts ect. Any advice and guidance is appreciated.

I have done a little bit on Armslist , I have found there to be more tirekickers over there then on this forum.It's worth a shot though. I always require a contact number when someone initially replies. Theres no feedback system like here so you have no idea if they are flakes or not.

Give it a shot and let us know how it goes:D

Meet somewhere very public, and do request contact information.
I have bought and sold on Armslist several times without problems.
However, I hear of others who have the potential buyer flake out. So
I would recommend meeting somewhere convenient to you in case that
happens-less time to waste.
Not a bad idea to go armed, and perhaps take another person with you.
Check their ID to make sure you are selling to an instate buyer, and it
may not be a bad idea to only sell to someone with a CHL.

I only advertised on armslist a time or two. One of them was a Winchester rifle that wasn't getting any bites on here. I advertised it for sale in Oregon, but had a few guys from out of state interested. Since I wasn't afraid to deal with shipping the broader audience was a plus.
Ended up selling it to a friend, though.

I've sold two firearms through Armslist and both times I had no issues. First sale was in a public area and the second sale I actually ended up going to the dude's house. Be very careful when if you meet someone at their house. Always have a friend with you and always be armed. The guy and his wife were actually nice and friendly, and he actually compensated me for gas since I went to his location.

So be aware, be armed, listen to you gut..... if you feel like something is a foot, either meet in public, or don't bother. If you can, run the person's name on facebook and see if you can gather any information on him or her.

Good luck.

Last Edited:
Thanks for the info. Guys! The feedback and reputation here is what helped give me the confidence to put up a classified for FTF. Was wondering if any here used it consistently for business or personal with success and little issue, but if Classifieds don't work maybe LGS would be a better option for me. Just wanted to do at least one PPT before 941's cloud consumes the state...:(

I have sold on armslist a few times. Two of those instances were shipping it out of state. It was more effort than I usually want to deal with but they all worked out. I have not had a flake yet, but I feel that I have been pretty good on determining how a person is going to be via email conversations. Also, I always talk with them on the phone before meeting up.

I then profile the heck out of them. If they sound intelligent and responsible then I will meet them. If they sound like a thug, I wont.

Prepare to be low balled, tirekicked and bailed on.. Its full o scum.
I wish they had a trade rating on there!!!

Biggest thing, dont be in a hurry and expect your buyer to back out the day of.. It never fails. Keep your expectations LOW and you'll never be disappointed..

I sold one on Armslist and the sale went well. The buyer contacted me within 15 minutes of posting. We talked a while on the phone and arranged a meeting at my home. He had no problem with providing information for me to enter in my bound book and paid my asking price. It all went smooth as silk.

Prepare to be low balled, tirekicked and bailed on.. Its full o scum.
I wish they had a trade rating on there!!!

Biggest thing, dont be in a hurry and expect your buyer to back out the day of.. It never fails. Keep your expectations LOW and you'll never be disappointed..

I see a lot more stories and experiences that resemble this, which is why I was wary of using it....

1. Talk on the phone (you can tell alot about a person by how they speak)
2. Establish a meeting time and place and vehicle type. (public places only)
3. Attach carry gun to your body.
4. Show up a few minutes late (so you can circle the person and "profile" them)
5. Park (your passenger door should be next to their drivers side because it gives you more cover and visibility.
6. Exit your vehicle first (increased reaction time)
7. When selling stand over him as he inspects your gun in your trunk. When buying dont turn your back to him feel free to pull the firearm out and look at it (the passerby's wont even notice its a gun deal)
8. Have him safety check the weapon, then you do the same.
9. Inspect the weapon for abnormality's
10. If you don't know how to take it apart ask the guy he wants a sell he'll be happy to show you.
11. Exchange goods (dont bring hundred's, dont take hundred's counter fitting is too easy)
12. Sign bill of sale(if there is one), dont let him take down your address, license number, or take a picture of your I.d.(don't want them to cone rob you one day.)
13. Let him drive away first (making sure your not followed.)
14.enjoy

Additional tips" don't get in their car, or let them in yours. Bring a friend.

I've bought and sold on armslist alot and 95% of completed deals were fine and not sketchy.

1. Talk on the phone (you can tell alot about a person by how they speak)
THIS IS PRETTY MUCH THE KEY TO TAKE AWAY FROM THIS.
2. Establish a meeting time and place and vehicle type. (public places only)
3. Attach carry gun to your body.
4. Show up a few minutes late (so you can circle the person and "profile" them)
5. Park (your passenger door should be next to their drivers side because it gives you more cover and visibility.
6. Exit your vehicle first (increased reaction time)
7. When selling stand over him as he inspects your gun in your trunk. When buying dont turn your back to him feel free to pull the firearm out and look at it (the passerby's wont even notice its a gun deal)
8. Have him safety check the weapon, then you do the same.
9. Inspect the weapon for abnormality's
10. If you don't know how to take it apart ask the guy he wants a sell he'll be happy to show you.
11. Exchange goods (dont bring hundred's, dont take hundred's counter fitting is too easy)
12. Sign bill of sale(if there is one), dont let him take down your address, license number, or take a picture of your I.d.(don't want them to cone rob you one day.)
13. Let him drive away first (making sure your not followed.)
14.enjoy

Additional tips" don't get in their car, or let them in yours. Bring a friend.

I've bought and sold on armslist alot and 95% of completed deals were fine and not sketchy.

Although I do agree with some of what you have said, I have gotten into or had other people get into my vehicle almost every time I have made a transaction. We are in Oregon and the weather isn't always the greatest. I know there are bad seeds out there but I think 99% of the people that actually come through on a firearms sale are honest people. I wouldn't mess with someone selling a gun as I would assume they probably have more. I also require a CHL for any purchase from me which would eliminate most of the problems you would have. I am always very aware of my surroundings and there are ways to keep safe even with multiple people there during the deal.

I've purchased, sold, traded on Armslist quite a bit over the years and never had a problem.
I can learn a lot from the email and or phone conversations in regards to if I want to continue with the transaction both as a buyer or as a seller.

If a buyer doesn't want to communicate initially via email properly then I discontinue the conversation.

Someone that's in a super 'rush' is usually a no go. Also I rate the person's firearms knowledge somehow. Also I see if they have something listed on Armslist as well. Do they have a CHL [that helps]?

I've meet at public places and have met at a person's house and sometimes I end up realizing I've transacted with the person in the past.

Also in contrast to others, I let people sit in my car and I get into other people's car if the situation warrants it [Weather, passerby's, etc]

I've met some really nice human beings via armslist if even for a few minutes of interaction.

I get the idea of bringing a friend but honestly, I've been internally offended the few times multiple people showed up for a transaction [Not including my or their wife or kids sitting in the car]. I can understand if the buyer wants a second opinion from a friend but I've also had one transaction where the other person was basically in an 'overwatch' position.

I've used armslist in multiple states as a resident of the those states and every transaction has been the same.

Never had any flake out on me but once again for the umpteenth time, I feel you can route out any problems by asking the the right questions and the manner and delivery of the responses before you ever get to a physical meet and greet.

Wow thanks for the detailed responses and strategic plans guys. And for the positive and successful feedback and experience with the site because that's what I was looking to find to help weigh the options of using said site.

Wow thanks for the detailed responses and strategic plans guys. And for the positive and successful feedback and experience with the site because that's what I was looking to find to help weigh the options of using said site.

I use many of the same precautions when dealing on Armslist and NWFA. The excepetion being, I have never had a successful transaction on Armslist, just lookers but I've had the same on this site and Outdoors Traders. All pretty much the same people. Bottom line, don't do anything stupid and use your head and gut feeling.

I find it odd people have met up to only find a tire kicker. I have sold 100% of the items I have shown up to sell.

I have also purchased 100% of the items I have met for.

Maybe I just get enough pictures and details I know for sure it will be a deal.

Same goes for on here 100% selling or buying.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top