JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This WILL be the death of AL for sure.

Even if the dealers there are willing to pay for the membership....... potential buyers will eventually go away completely because of the charge and those dealers will start to see their responses from AL drop and as such will not renew their accounts. AL=DEAD

Sellers are overcharging, unresponsive, etc on there. Its just not worth it ... it was barely worth the effort when it was free.

Hopefully they can get an order for attorney's fees after they win.

Was it Lucky Gunner or (?) who was sued by a couple of families over the Aurora theatre shooting, at the behest of Brady Campaign..... and then when they lost the families were on the hook for over 200k in LG's attorney's fees? While Brady left them hanging... seems no lessons were learned from that. I hope AL wins and SOAKS the family & Brady for the fees.

Yup. There's a seller with an old 645 in Bend. I woulda bought it at their original price but couldn't contact them (my old account doesn't work now). As of looking (drooling) this morning, they've dropped the price $100. Good luck with that sale:(

So has anyone bit the bullet and signed up for Armslist? If so did you do ACH or CC?
Not here. They still have scam listings up, you just can't respond to them. Only thing you can do with a free account is respond to vendors. I can't even see the ads I had up.

i never used AL due to various reasons, mostly scammers and "ARE YOU SHEETING ME?! prices. I did get a laugh out of the griping about "bubblegum" and low ball replies. Personally, I think that is due to a lot of posters posting junk ads and/or seller stupidity on so many sites.

One guy had an ad for four out of print (reading material) magazines, nothing special, but I'd been looking for these mags (any of them, not just these three) for a project and three were in "usable shape" and one was "rat chewed in two/trashed/unreadable" $80.00!! That was eight times what the mags cost new, for all four, and this was for three "usable" ones that were well used and not rare! I did send a message offering what I considered a reasonable price, got an offer that was just more pie in the sky ($40.00 + S&H. The S&H was for more than I'd pay for the mags). Thanked him and said no thanks. So I'm sure that the seller considered me "spam/junk mail", but last I looked it was still there, month, after month, year, after year, after...

The other thing that drives me crazy is the VINTAGE! RARE! GARAGE SALE FIND! RUMMAGE SALE FIND! (whatever) FIND! That turns out to be an Iver Johnson suicide special in non-working NRA gun shaped rusted object condition. First off, IF it IS vintage, rare, or whatever, everyone already knows that. Second, I don't care where they found it. Period.

Such as (actual ad) "VINTAGE! RARE! GARAGE SALE FIND! Old revolver! WWII Vet owned!" Out of focus photo of pistol shaped rusted blob that could be anything, ball of mud, squit gun, used hanky, etc. Then the entire ad is how this wonderful old WWII Vet in Whatever City had it and was such a wonderful guy, blah, blah, blah, (three fourths of ad). When I ask for a photo that I can actually see, well they get all huffy. When I ask for details, they get huffy, if I go see it and advise them to sell it to a junkyard for scrap value/use as a boat anchor, they get all huffy. I'm sure they considered me a waste of their time too.

The Mosin-Nagant 91-30, ruined bore, cracked stock, missing parts -$800. When I called and asked if he misplaced a decimal point or added one too many zeros, I was subjected to abuse about "how all you callers all ask the same (darn) question!" CLICK! Yup, another "bubblegum" time waster call as far as he was concerned.

i never used AL due to various reasons, mostly scammers and "ARE YOU SHEETING ME?! prices. I did get a laugh out of the griping about "bubblegum" and low ball replies. Personally, I think that is due to a lot of posters posting junk ads and/or seller stupidity on so many sites.

One guy had an ad for four out of print (reading material) magazines, nothing special, but I'd been looking for these mags (any of them, not just these three) for a project and three were in "usable shape" and one was "rat chewed in two/trashed/unreadable" $80.00!! That was eight times what the mags cost new, for all four, and this was for three "usable" ones that were well used and not rare! I did send a message offering what I considered a reasonable price, got an offer that was just more pie in the sky ($40.00 + S&H. The S&H was for more than I'd pay for the mags). Thanked him and said no thanks. So I'm sure that the seller considered me "spam/junk mail", but last I looked it was still there, month, after month, year, after year, after...

The other thing that drives me crazy is the VINTAGE! RARE! GARAGE SALE FIND! RUMMAGE SALE FIND! (whatever) FIND! That turns out to be an Iver Johnson suicide special in non-working NRA gun shaped rusted object condition. First off, IF it IS vintage, rare, or whatever, everyone already knows that. Second, I don't care where they found it. Period.

Such as (actual ad) "VINTAGE! RARE! GARAGE SALE FIND! Old revolver! WWII Vet owned!" Out of focus photo of pistol shaped rusted blob that could be anything, ball of mud, squit gun, used hanky, etc. Then the entire ad is how this wonderful old WWII Vet in Whatever City had it and was such a wonderful guy, blah, blah, blah, (three fourths of ad). When I ask for a photo that I can actually see, well they get all huffy. When I ask for details, they get huffy, if I go see it and advise them to sell it to a junkyard for scrap value/use as a boat anchor, they get all huffy. I'm sure they considered me a waste of their time too.

The Mosin-Nagant 91-30, ruined bore, cracked stock, missing parts -$800. When I called and asked if he misplaced a decimal point or added one too many zeros, I was subjected to abuse about "how all you callers all ask the same (darn) question!" CLICK! Yup, another "bubblegum" time waster call as far as he was concerned.
How about all the $400+ AR500 armor sets? Or the $500+ surplus ACU Intetceptors with expired soft inserts? :s0113:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top