Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $1,000 in prizes this month in the Northwest Firearms Winter Giveaway!
    Dismiss Notice

Armscor 22TCM Glock Conversion Kit

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by SynapticSilence, Mar 5, 2016.

1. SynapticSilence

SynapticSilence Battle Ground, WA Well-Known Member

Saw this on a review I happened across from Shotshow 2016. Full disclosure. Although I've had a Glock 19 and a Glock 21 in the past, I'm not a Glock fan. Still, I figured those of you who are might find it interesting. These are full conversion kits -- just replace the slide and barrel assembly on your existing Glock 17/22/19/23 and you're ready to shoot the hyperspeed 22TCM cartridge from Armscor. According to Armscor, it uses existing mags with no conversion necessary. Check it out here. http://armscor.com/firearms/conversion-kits/

2. Mistman

Mistman Mist Active Member

22 TCM is fun to shoot!

3. bolus

bolus Portland Well-Known Member 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

none of the indoor ranges I used to go would let me shoot it because the velocities were too high. (I have the 1911 in 22tcm)

4. Modeler

Modeler Molalla, Oregon Soccer Fan

I want one. Yesterday.

5. giddyupgo55

giddyupgo55 Vernonia Active Member

Ear Plugs and Ear Muffs required. The case looks like a 22 Rem. Jet that I have and that sucker is loud. Fun to shoot though.:)

6. Modeler

Modeler Molalla, Oregon Soccer Fan

It looks like the front sight is dovetailed, I wonder what kind of aftermarket sights it could take?

7. mjbskwim

mjbskwim Salmon,Idaho Well-Known Member

It's a 556/223 case shortened correct? And same size as a 40 cal,so g22 mags work?
    Kinda interested in the 1911 version

8. SynapticSilence

It does have a footnote on the website that the 1911 version requires gunsmith fitting. That's not surprising, but it makes it a little pricier and iffier than the Glock conversions.

9. bolus

bolus Portland Well-Known Member 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Looks like it requires a para ramp cut into the receiver making the original barrel useless. Given that it is $450 + cost of gunsmith it makes sense just to get the whole gun for $580. The kit makes no sense.

Iceman04503 and Modeler like this.
  10. SynapticSilence

If you get the RIA 22TCM 1911, it also comes with a second 9mm barrel that enables you to use it for dual purposes. Totally agree on why the 1911 kit seems sort of ill-advised.