Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Armscor 22TCM Glock Conversion Kit

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by SynapticSilence, Mar 5, 2016.

1. SynapticSilence

SynapticSilence Battle Ground, WA Well-Known Member

Saw this on a review I happened across from Shotshow 2016. Full disclosure. Although I've had a Glock 19 and a Glock 21 in the past, I'm not a Glock fan. Still, I figured those of you who are might find it interesting. These are full conversion kits -- just replace the slide and barrel assembly on your existing Glock 17/22/19/23 and you're ready to shoot the hyperspeed 22TCM cartridge from Armscor. According to Armscor, it uses existing mags with no conversion necessary. Check it out here. http://armscor.com/firearms/conversion-kits/

2. Mistman

Mistman Mist Active Member

22 TCM is fun to shoot!

3. bolus

bolus Portland Gold Supporter Gold Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

none of the indoor ranges I used to go would let me shoot it because the velocities were too high. (I have the 1911 in 22tcm)

4. Modeler

Modeler Molalla, Oregon Soccer Fan

I want one. Yesterday.

5. giddyupgo55

giddyupgo55 Vernonia Active Member

Ear Plugs and Ear Muffs required. The case looks like a 22 Rem. Jet that I have and that sucker is loud. Fun to shoot though.:)

6. Modeler

Modeler Molalla, Oregon Soccer Fan

It looks like the front sight is dovetailed, I wonder what kind of aftermarket sights it could take?

7. mjbskwim

mjbskwim Salmon,Idaho Well-Known Member

It's a 556/223 case shortened correct? And same size as a 40 cal,so g22 mags work?
    Kinda interested in the 1911 version

8. SynapticSilence

It does have a footnote on the website that the 1911 version requires gunsmith fitting. That's not surprising, but it makes it a little pricier and iffier than the Glock conversions.

9. bolus

bolus Portland Gold Supporter Gold Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Looks like it requires a para ramp cut into the receiver making the original barrel useless. Given that it is $450 + cost of gunsmith it makes sense just to get the whole gun for $580. The kit makes no sense.

Iceman04503 and Modeler like this.
  10. SynapticSilence

If you get the RIA 22TCM 1911, it also comes with a second 9mm barrel that enables you to use it for dual purposes. Totally agree on why the 1911 kit seems sort of ill-advised.