JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This event has passed and there are no upcoming dates

Upcoming Dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/Los_Angeles

This event has passed and there are no upcoming dates
I was just having fun. I buy plenty of gun stuff like the rest of you. LGS and online.

I'm guessing with all the competition and ability to check prices and "lies". Gun shows must have lowered there prices since i last went. Heck that was 2001 I think. Maybe 2004. I dunno.

I'm just remembering gun shows from the 90s to early 2000s.

Those shows were vastly different from the shows these days. A lot of vendors quit after the ammo bubble of a few years ago, when ammo prices collapsed. We're also losing a lot of veteran vendors (the "Plankowners," who started making a living from the shows since the 1970's, when they went commercial), with no one (including their kids, who have been helping them) replacing them.

You sound like just another scramble-brained old timer who we have to put up with at the shows...

Last Edited:
The large "For profit" gun shows such as seen at the Portland Expo center or Clark County Fairgrounds have to rent the pavilions for a rather large fee. The vendors in turn are charged much more money to set up tables to cover those costs. As a result, there really aren't any good deals found at those shows. You'll pay the full price if not more for just about anything. Those are actually more like "Trade Shows". The vendors then charge more money to recover the costs of setting up their displays. It's not just gun shows. That makes it seem like I'm paying a cover charge just to go into a retail store to look at goods. Organizations such as OAC and ACSWW are just small membership clubs that try to keep the traditional "Gun Shows" alive. They try to find the lowest cost place to rent to set up for a show, and hopefully it works out. OAC has been fortunate that they can get the Jackson Armory and pretty much stay there. ACSWW will sell you a membership (last I had one it cost $20), you get a card, and that admits you to the years shows for free. Not a bad deal.

The problem here is that you're including shows at the Clark County Fairgrounds, which are run by that criminal outfit "Big-Top Promotions." Big Top is one POS's store masquerading as a gun show, with maybe one or two token "vendors."

The problem here is that you're including shows at the Clark County Fairgrounds, which are run by that criminal outfit "Big-Top Promotions." Big Top is one POS's store masquerading as a gun show, with maybe one or two token "vendors."
Regardless of what you think about a particular venue, the business end of it remains the same. I have seen it time and again at other trade shows like an Ag show. Big money to rent the venue, then whatever vendors show up to set up a table, they in turn pay quite a bit of money just to set up the table. They have to jack prices just to pay for the trip and rental. I have seen small vendors travel to CCFG from as far away as Puyallup to get a table, and I can bet you they lose money on the venture. I really don't care for "Big Top Promotions" any more than you do. I know of "Mom & Pop" and other small operations that won't go to a gun show like that. I don't blame them. So where is the problem that I included BTP?? From what I have seen at attendance there, they don't have much longer on the show circuit anyway. Fewer and fewer vendors showing up, and fewer paying customers coming through the door. It is actually one of the dullest gun show experiences I can put myself through.

Never been to one in BG. I think I'll hit this one. ;)

Am I reading correctly that it opens at midnight goes until 1pm? :confused:

EDIT: never mind. I went to the website and verified.

Last Edited:
Doubt there are any gun shows to attend until the restrictions from corona virus end. So I'd check before planning to attend ANY gun show in the next month.

But many people are judging all gun shows on what they see or used to see at big commercial for profit gun shows. Those big shows care about only one thing.....renting tables. They can't see past their own greedy noses to realize that if you rent tables to people with non gun or knife related crap the attendance will die. And as the attendance dies, so does the table rental. They cut their own throat, but wont change until it's too late.

The small gun shows that are collectors groups and are non profit for the benefit of their members and the public are better regulated. They don't allow all the beanie babies, jerky, nuts, jewelry, coins, etc. that the big for profit shows do. So if you haven't been to anything but the commercial gun shows then you're really missing something good. Don't expect to find tables full of new ammunition, or brand new guns at these small club non profit shows. But do expect to see good things for sale, and often at fair or even bargain prices.
But what's just as important to many gun guys is the social aspect, and helpfulness you'll find at these smaller non profit shows. It's not uncommon at all to see guys hauling in an old heirloom just to get some help with a problem, or evaluation from someone. And it's also common they get what they were looking for, and for free with a smile and a handshake. I personally love it when somebody brings in great grandpa's old rifle and wants to know if I can give them some info or help with it. And often it ends up that the person becomes a regular and stops by to visit every month. These small non profit gun shows are the backbone of our gun collecting interest, and a great place to see good guns, and connect with others who have a similar interest to whatever you also enjoy.
Don't discount them, or lump them into the same group as the commercial gun shows. You could join SWWAC or OAC and attend all year for less money than entry and parking costs at one commercial gun show. And you'll be much happier when you are at these shows.

I said this the other day so here I go.. I will attend a gun show if someone is willing to pay me $100.. $150 of I stay an hour and talk to the guy selling swords and knives.. I will engage in conversation and even ask about the metal hardness of a random sword.. this is going to be hard for me so I will earn every penny. You can take photos but no videos.

For the rest of my time I will look at prices, ask questions about random guns "and be lied to". I might even try to buy some ammo or mags at stupid prices.

The last gun show I went to they were still selling glock mags for $120 each... those sleaze balls still around? Lol.

Who is willing to pay to watch a man have his Saturday ruined?

Yes I hate gun shows that much.

And when was that, the 1990's?

You sound like just another scramble-brained old timer who we have to put up with at the shows...

You've been making a good defense of the smaller shows, except for that gratuitous comment.o_O

I haven't been to a gun show in Oregon since 2006 [Portland Expo Center] and in Washington since 2007 [Fairground in Puyallup] and so I've had the same negative views as some others voiced here. I may give a smaller show a look sometime in the future, just to see how things could be different. Keeping in mind I'm strongly introverted and hate crowds, not a gun collector/seller, or fascinated by antiques, so a low key event totally focused on guns and ammunition would be far more appealing to me.

Really want to change attitudes? If folks on this forum were posting lots of positive comments after each of these small local shows, with pictures of their purchases or gabbing with other members [with permission, of course], the negative attitudes would change in time.;)

Let me guess: 70's or 80's, white hair, white beard. Have a hard time actually noticing anything on the tables.

You guys are a dime-a-dozen at the shows these days.

If guys with gray hair are a dime a dozen at gun shows, then I'd wonder why you'd think the same group would be against gun shows and not attend? Seems you're contradicting yourself?
I attend the Oregon Arms Collectors show every month religiously, but it's a different kind of show. I have not been to a commercial gun show around Oregon in well over a decade. Mainly because the quality of those shows went way downhill about 20 years ago. The Expo Rose City Shows were anywhere from 800-1400 tables back in the 80's and 90's, and although there was a lot of crap tables, there was enough tables to still find some great guns, and bargains among the vast number.
But it seemed when Ken Glass sold Rose City, the quality went down, and the best sellers quit renting tables. Those who still sold there weren't the cream of the crop, they were the tables full of stuff I passed by quickly. And instead of those huge shows they dropped to maybe 400 tables, and eventually down to maybe 200 tables. If it's crap I can see at any local gun shop, or pawn shop, then I'm not paying the entry and parking to see stuff I could drive around town and see.
I drive from Portland to Denver every May for the CGCA show because it's 800 tables of quality guns, and very strictly regulated by the club there to ensure it stays quality. Yes, I'm one of those almost 70 guys, and most of us remember when gun shows were great here. The younger guys don't recall because they weren't going to shows then. But little shows like OAC and SWWAC are examples of what shows used to be, just on a much smaller venue of course. Anyone who attends one of the monthly Sunday OAC shows will be pleasantly surprised at what is there. And for $3 entry, and free parking, it's a bargain. Even cheaper for those who join for $20 a year, and get into all their shows for free.

Really want to change attitudes? If folks on this forum were posting lots of positive comments after each of these small local shows, with pictures of their purchases or gabbing with other members [with permission, of course], the negative attitudes would change in time.;)

I doubt most guys will come here and post what they found at these small shows. First off probably not many who attend them are members here. And those that are likely wont post pictures for you. So you might just have to attend one yourself, and see if it's what you like or not. Sometimes we need to venture out, and not wait to be lead out the door. It's a small investment of time and money to hit one of these shows, and I doubt most people have such busy schedules that they couldn't find 2 or 3 hrs. to spare on a Sat. or Sun. morning to take in a good show.

If guys with gray hair are a dime a dozen at gun shows, then I'd wonder why you'd think the same group would be against gun shows and not attend? Seems you're contradicting yourself?
I attend the Oregon Arms Collectors show every month religiously, but it's a different kind of show. I have not been to a commercial gun show around Oregon in well over a decade. Mainly because the quality of those shows went way downhill about 20 years ago. The Expo Rose City Shows were anywhere from 800-1400 tables back in the 80's and 90's, and although there was a lot of crap tables, there was enough tables to still find some great guns, and bargains among the vast number.
But it seemed when Ken Glass sold Rose City, the quality went down, and the best sellers quit renting tables. Those who still sold there weren't the cream of the crop, they were the tables full of stuff I passed by quickly. And instead of those huge shows they dropped to maybe 400 tables, and eventually down to maybe 200 tables. If it's crap I can see at any local gun shop, or pawn shop, then I'm not paying the entry and parking to see stuff I could drive around town and see.
I drive from Portland to Denver every May for the CGCA show because it's 800 tables of quality guns, and very strictly regulated by the club there to ensure it stays quality. Yes, I'm one of those almost 70 guys, and most of us remember when gun shows were great here. The younger guys don't recall because they weren't going to shows then. But little shows like OAC and SWWAC are examples of what shows used to be, just on a much smaller venue of course. Anyone who attends one of the monthly Sunday OAC shows will be pleasantly surprised at what is there. And for $3 entry, and free parking, it's a bargain. Even cheaper for those who join for $20 a year, and get into all their shows for free.

I wouldn't attribute any promoter selling their shows to the decline in quality of the shows. Demographics has been hitting the shows hard. When I started vending at shows in the 2000's, it was like a walking cadaver convention: Electric scooters and oxygen tanks were all over the place. Not as bad now, but we're losing a lot of old-school vendors who've been making a living at these since the shows went commercial back in the 1970's.

The shows are also getting squeezed by the expos and other venues, particularly in Portland, which is why the shows have been relegated to the old cattle building on Marine Dr.

And BTW, I've had the misfortune of meeting Ken Glass. You don't want to share an island of tables with him. He's basically worse than the average 80-something oxygen thief at the Portland show that he still recently vended at

I doubt most guys will come here and post what they found at these small shows. First off probably not many who attend them are members here. And those that are likely wont post pictures for you. So you might just have to attend one yourself, and see if it's what you like or not. Sometimes we need to venture out, and not wait to be lead out the door. It's a small investment of time and money to hit one of these shows, and I doubt most people have such busy schedules that they couldn't find 2 or 3 hrs. to spare on a Sat. or Sun. morning to take in a good show.

Point taken. I was just trying to steer the discussion in a helpful direction. Goodbye.

I wouldn't attribute any promoter selling their shows to the decline in quality of the shows. Demographics has been hitting the shows hard. When I started vending at shows in the 2000's, it was like a walking cadaver convention: Electric scooters and oxygen tanks were all over the place. Not as bad now, but we're losing a lot of old-school vendors who've been making a living at these since the shows went commercial back in the 1970's.

Well you've only been setting up at shows since the time they began to go downhill, so you may not recall what they were prior to the demise?
But I would most certainly attribute the decline in quality to ownership of the show!! It's the job of whoever is selling tables at a show to set the rules and ask the vendors what they will be selling. So if they don't care about quality, and only about renting another table, the quality is out the door. And if the show owner allows that to happen, then good sellers wont want to be part of that circus, and they will not buy tables at that seller's shows again. It's a snowball effect, and the more good sellers exit, the looser the show owner gets about restrictions, because he has to sell a certain number of tables to pay the rent on the building.

Oregon Arms Collectors went the opposite direction back when they saw this taking place over 2 decades ago. They set up rules for what table holders could set up on their tables, and declined to rent tables to people who had plans to sell items not within those rules. They went even further on their annual big two day August summer show, and asked vendors to list on their application a description of what they planned to sell or display. The result was a quality show that everyone loved. Not just the public coming in the front doors, but the vendors setting up too. They often get 60-70% of table holders buying their tables for the next year at the current year's show because there's more demand for tables than the Holiday Inn convention center has room for.
So yes, it is indeed the direct fault of the show owner, and if policy changed with ownership, then you'll see the quality chnage if the new owner does things to allow it.

OAC they would not let me have a table to sell AK parts LOL they said no modern rifles I said what do you think the 47 in AK-47 is for? Sure is nice to see somone rebuild them rare parts kits!!!

I Attend the large shows in Portland 4-6 times year it is very expensive and when the gate is low it's a loss.
Then ya got to deal with the million question folks that dont buy just waste your time and the finger phuckers that want to touch everything on the table and move it around.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top