JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
SOLD

20190608_151958.jpg 20190608_151939.jpg

Last Edited:
I have for sale an Armory USA SSR-85C-2. These were built from Bulgaria Ministry of Defense parts kits on a new 1.6mm receiver. It was shipped here as a sporter and then converted to regular furniture and had the magwell opened up by Armory USA in Houston, TX. All the important parts are Bulgarian and it has a hammer forged chrome lined barrel.

I bought it from a member here for $700, I immediately installed a Houge overmolded grip and some sexy Russian red furniture from Sovietstocks.com. The barrel had the threads turned down for import so I threaded to 1/2x28 and installed a 24mm adaptor. It currently sports a AK74 style "night brake" but I can throw on a either a standard AK74 style or a gen 1 Definitive Arms Fighter Brake for the asking price if buyer prefers. Great shooter. I will also include 1 combloc surplus steel mag and 2 Pmags.

*FULL DISCLOSURE* this rifle does not like any thick polymer mags (Bulgarian Waffle, Xtech, US Palm, ect.) They won't fit properly in the magwell. It works great with both steel mags and Pmags.

Asking $750. Not looking for trades right now, I need to pay down some debt. Meet at Money Market Pawn and buyer pays transfer.
View attachment 588379 View attachment 588380

Tnere was a guy on here looking for a traditional ak in this price range a couple weeks ago . He was looking at the new stuff offered currently . It would be good to set him up with this if anyone knows who he is.

I wanted to update this post. I tried both Xtech reinforced and non-reinforced and they both worked fine in this rifle. It seems to just be the Bulgarian polymer mags that are too thick. Could probably be opened up slightly to accommodate them, but I'm not trying to dremel into this rifle just yet. 20190610_133947.jpg

Last Edited:
Never alter an AK to take certain mags, always alter the mags. I thought this was common knowledge?

It would be like altering my SAR-1 to take P-Mags, while it takes all other mags with ease. Shudder the thought of altering the rifle.

A lot of post ban imported AKs are altered after import because they come in designed to take single stack mags as part of the "sporter" designation. This one is a good example. It's possible the CNC program used to open up the magwell was slightly smaller than the original Bulgarian design. Hence the reason it won't take Bulgarian waffle and Slab side mags even though it's a Bulgarian rifle. If the next owner chooses to further alter the rifle or grind down some 45 dollar Bulgarian waffle mags that's their choice. It takes everything else I have tried just fine.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.