JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have recently bought my first Glock, a 43. I love it as a carry gun and am looking for some advice on possible upgrades. I have looked at the Glockstore Tungsten guide rod and the Galloway Precision SS guide rod and want to know if anyone has first hand knowledge/opinions on either. I have Trijicon X-ray sights on it already, but are there other upgrades I should consider?
Thanks in advance for the help.

I put the McNalley trigger in 43 and my wife's 42...made a huge difference. Can't bring myself to buy the Glockstore guide rod. All it does is add weight.

As a certified Glock Armorer, I would not recommend aftermarket internal parts for a carry gun especially in the Glock. Glocks are most reliable stock. Also, those parts don't change the performance enough to justify the risk. I also have the Glock 43 and the only things I added were the Streamlight TLR-6 (light/laser) and OEM extended mags.

If your guide rod is currently functioning as Glock built it, then do not mess with it. I understand altering sights to improve shootability, but I don't think the guide rod change is necessary.

I'm not a Glock fanboy by any stretch of the imagination, but as I see it, the one thing that Austrian Lego block has going for it is the ability to go bang every single time, bone stock out of the box. For that reason, all I've ever swapped out on mine are the garbage stock sights.
Your mileage may vary...

I love my 43 but the trigger does suck there is no denying that. I put the Ghost edge connector in mine and shot lots of rounds through it before i deemed it "Carry worthy" 100% reliability.

- Big Dots
- ghost edge connector
-Talon Grip
-and TTI base pads on all my mags +1s and +2s

Some plus one/two bases and better sights. The rest can be spent on more ammo.

I'm sorry, and I mean no offense to anyone in particular, but if you can't shoot accurately with a factory Glock trigger, then you need to spend your time practicing at the range, not swapping parts. Unless it's a competition gun, it makes no sense to swap parts (to lighten a defensive gun's trigger).

As a gunsmith, I have seen a lot of guns over the years where people ask me to swap triggers or polish parts before they've ever shot the gun. It's a bit rediculous. I think people blame a "bad" trigger for a lack of range time.

Sorry, off my soap box.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top