JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Well, here is an odd one. I was given this by a friend as a gift and am wondering what this thing is about, maybe worth?
I was told that it is definitely a real gun, and would be safe to shoot. I personally have no interest in it, or trying to fire it. SSPX0113.jpg SSPX0114.jpg
Anyone??

SSPX0113.jpg

SSPX0114.jpg

ASM was a smaller Italian maker of replica muzzleloading firearms and cartridge weapons. They started making weapons about 1960 which were imported by several companies including Replica Arms and EMF. They went out of business about 2000-20001.

I'm sure that some people have very fine ASM products and derive a great deal of pleasure from them however, ASM gained a dubious reputation for using softer metal parts on the inside of their guns leading to increased wear. There were also quality control issues. If this gun were to break finding parts for it might be a concern.

If you decide to shoot this gun you will need to find a ramrod, 2F powder, and appropriately sized gun flints. You will probably have to tune the lock as well. Measure the bore; it might not really be .690". I have seen them as tight as .680". In any case a .675" roundball with wadding or a well patched .662" roundball should serve you well.

Needless to say; with no sights and an unrifled bore accuracy at 25 yards will be somewhat lacking. LOL

What is it worth? Personally I would not give you $50 for one but in all fairness; I saw one, unfired, LNIB with all the paperwork, go at auction for $300.

Like I said, I really have no interest in firing it, was just more or less curious, as information on these is extremely sparse. I was guessing, and it now seems confirmed, that it really is nothing more then an interesting mantel piece.
Thank you for your response.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads