Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Armed to the teeth

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by simon99, Jan 29, 2014.

1. simon99

simon99 Central Oregon Well-Known Member

Why Every American Should be Armed to the Teeth

If you live in the city being armed to the teeth might not solve the problem of lawlessness both within and without government. Not that you should not be armed to the teeth, it is just the idea that you are surrounded by too many people and it will only give you a small chance of survival. However, a small chance is better than no chance of survival.

Living in the country might save you. You will know the area and the open spaces will give you a line of fire, once anything detracting from this line of fire is removed. The Constitution gives you the right, because it speaks about a well-regulated militia. Well, who were the militia? The answer is the armed yeoman. The weapons were not kept in an armory like today, which is common sense to any people having any. Do not the liberals claim to interpret the constitution in a common sense way? Arms were always kept in the home or at the farm. This cannot be disputed in a logical fashion.

Being armed does not say training should not be taken. Among the yeoman farmers and city dwellers (although they will have a hard time surviving), training should be kept up. Of course this would be ridiculous under the reign of Mayor Bloomberg of New York City. He spends his weekends in one of the paradises like Bermuda and returns to work on Monday. What he dislikes, you better dislike or you will suffer the consequences. This could be from craving salt to cigarettes.

Every American should be armed because it is their right to do so. As real Americans if they are not properly armed, they will not be able to protect their families. This would detract from them being real men. Arm yourself as much as needed with any weapon at your disposal. Do not use the weapons unless absolutely necessary. Should you do so, the liberals will tie you up in court for life. Whether knives or guns, decide which is the weapon of choice to defend your country and family.

Decide whether to follow an unconstitutional ordinance in your area or protect your family. It is certain you will come to the right conclusion. After all, the leaders of this country are protected, why not you?

via- learnarms.com

2. 2506

2506 Seattle Well-Known Member

In early America, firearms and ammunition were often kept in public arsenals. Can you imagine the soccer moms allowing that to happen?

3. Audrey

Audrey Willamette Valley Active Member

Those arsenals were far from home buildings because gunpowder explosions were a concern. It was likely the insistence of mothers that kept it out of homes. :)

I think people should have guns if they want to. It's like religion. You and I are free to do it, or not. That's freedom! More armed people, or just a more common knowledge to assume people are armed, could certainly deter shootings. Arming people that do not want to be armed would be a mistake.

4. 2506

The Williamsburg Armory was centered in one of the busiest areas of the Commonwealth of Virginia. Most others were as well.

5. Audrey

I'm not saying there were not in busy areas; I mistook your uses of the words "public arsenals" as not just Armories, but rather any shared powder areas. In a town the armories were certainly central or otherwise surrounded by other buildings. My point regards rural areas. Many farmers had shared powder storage too, but in out buildings away from the homes.

6. Dunerunner

Dunerunner You'll Never Know Well-Known Member

This statement alone speaks volumes! I don't remember the State that proposed making gun ownership mandatory, and would impose a tax on those who wished not to. I'd vote for that measure!!

7. DMax

DMax Yamhill Well-Known Member

Well since the progressives have set the table for mandatory I can't wait for an all republican gov that can ram through in the middle of the night mandatory gun ownership in the name of national security. Hell lets just let the new prez EO it. Since because the progressive communists have co-oped the new way to do things let the ciaos begin and progressive and liberals are not going to like it. Buy Hey libs don't worry Prozac is covered by obammycare it's free ya know.

8. 2506

Forcing citizens to buy something, then taxing them if they don't buy that something? That's un-Constitutional...oh, wait. :thumbup:
    I'd like to see that tax redistributed back to the gun owners for 'upkeep and maintenance.'

9. U201491

U201491 Well-Known Member

Dont play the state militia game.
    People kept arms in their homes and on their person, they kept canons and the powder to charge them in areas like that. Not long guns and sidearms. Quit slow boiling .

10. BoonDocks36

BoonDocks36 Oregon, in the boondocks Christian. Conservative. Male.

Taku , my Brother, did you ever read anything in history, like what has been expressed by the above folks?

I recall my History being taught, the Militia, needed 40 Musket Balls on their person, and thepowder to touch them off, Right??? Correct me if I am wrong there!!!!

Where is this new concept of history coming from, that Audrey & 2506 are talking about???

None of the Militia kept Canons at HOME... Canons, and what was Fed to them, were run by Teams, Crew Served Weapons, just like they are today, Yes?

When I lived in the "OutBack" that is Outback of the City... And quite a ways Out, 7 miles by road, my nearest neighbor was over a mile away... Well, I would put on my Pants, strap the side arm into my Belt, then put on my BOOTS.

When I LIVED in the region of the Oakanogan Nat'l Forest, I & every one else, never left their house, with out a side arm... But I left my Howitzer at the Fort ;)

The Progressives & how they have ~Altered~ The education of our young ones... And they ~think~ They know the truth.... Meh. Truth would bite their butts, and they would think it was a Bee Sting.

philip

Stomper, Taku, JackThompson and 9 others like this.
  11. Audrey

I was referring to gunpowder, which was used for muskets too. Not only canons... I never mentioned canons. :huh:

12. 2506

I recall my History being taught, the Militia, needed 40 Musket Balls on their person, and thepowder to touch them off, Right??? Correct me if I am wrong there!!!!

I was referring to the era before the Revolution. You are referencing the Militia Act(s) which came 3 years after Britain granted us independence. Before the war started, and the during the period leading up to the war, firearms were not commonplace.

Audrey and (deleted member) like this.
  13. BoonDocks36

BoonDocks36 Oregon, in the boondocks Christian. Conservative. Male.

(Yawn.......)

sounds like fly's buzzing around here....

philip,
    In the BoonDocks we have ways to deal with fly's.

14. DMax

DMax Yamhill Well-Known Member

I don't think Britain granted squat

15. erudne

erudne The Pie Matrix PPL Say Sleeping W/Your Rifle Is A bad Thing? Bronze Supporter

ObamaCare W/O the payback

Taku and (deleted member) like this.
  16. U201491

Wrong, firearms were very prevalent. They had natives to contend with and they hunted for most of their meat. Very few were unarmed.

BoonDocks36 and (deleted member) like this.
  17. Grunwald

Grunwald Out of that nut job colony of Seattle, WA Well-Known Member

An arsenal is a place where arms are repaired and manufactured. Armory is where they are stored.

18. 2506

We may have a differing opinion on what prevalent means, Taku. When the Continental Army was first formed, about a quarter of the troops had no muskets. Recall, Britain banned the import of firearms to the Americas (when you want to control the people, don't let them have guns--see, current administration, et al.). Although hunting was indeed a way to procure food, it was generally viewed as a past-time for elites--like it was in Europe at the time and still is for the most part over there today. Trapping was more wide-spread and efficient way of gathering meat. However, the common man of the time most likely went to his yard and lopped of the head of a chicken with a hatchet for dinner, rather than wasting time running around in the woods with a rusty musket, if he had one, that was unreliable beyond about 50 yards.

19. Trailboss

Trailboss Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

Actually we still have some of those muskets around. In their day, they were typically not rusty but were well valued and cared for and were quite accurate beyond 50 yards. I have a 50 cal that comes from that period that can put 3 musket balls into 3 inches at 100 yards. I believe the old musket can do better than that but my eyes can't and I'm not going to mount a scope on it.

20. U201491

Americans did not settle this land with rusty muskets.
    And the sure had enough to kick the Britts azzes.

simon99 and (deleted member) like this.