JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've had several people contact me recently about the new Oregon DPSST Armed Security training requirements.

Oregon has recently changed their training standards making it more in-line with Washington and many of the other states who have more progressive training. Oregon has been behind the curve.

The new curriclum has been released and now it requires 3 full days of training (24 hours) which is 8 hours more than in previous years. Some updates have been made and the curriculum is getting better!

OFA is offering the updated training and just announced an unarmed and armed courses in Feb. If you're interested please contact Vivian (our office manager) immedately as both classes will fill soon. Vivian can be reached at 541-451-5532 or [email protected]

You can learn more about the classes on our website - click on "Schedule" and then select the course you are interested in.http://www.oregonfirearmsacademy.com

Hey smonkbmw!

Well unfortunately if you want to worked unarmed and/or armed in Oregon you need the Oregon class as WA isn't accepted in Oregon. You'll need unarmed as a minimum to just work security of any kind in Oregon...if you want an armed job them you need to take the armed. Wish I could help you more on your decision.

is there a school close to vancouver steve? or do i need to go up to where is it, Chehalis? damn so that means i have to take a class in both states just to be covered. this is not going to be cheap.

OFADAN: does the school offer any job placement after class or is it pretty much line up your own deal afterwards?

smonkbmw,

We are not a placement service however our lead Security instructor is a co-owner of a high end executive protection security business and is a former manager for a general secuirty company. He is very well plugged in to the security business and probably has some suggestions for you as well as some of the students. We have quite a few folks wanting to get into law enforcement and security come through our doors so perhaps part of your new "OFA Circle of Trust" network might behoove you in the job market.

Keep in mind OFA offers over 40 different courses and this security course is only one of them. Security is not our core business as we also provide training to federal, state, and county goverments/agencies as well as your average "Joe and Jane Doe" from around the globe.

smonkbmw,

We are not a placement service however our lead Security instructor is a co-owner of a high end executive protection security business and is a former manager for a general secuirty company. He is very well plugged in to the security business and probably has some suggestions for you as well as some of the students. We have quite a few folks wanting to get into law enforcement and security come through our doors so perhaps part of your new "OFA Circle of Trust" network might behoove you in the job market.

Keep in mind OFA offers over 40 different courses and this security course is only one of them. Security is not our core business as we also provide training to federal, state, and county goverments/agencies as well as your average "Joe and Jane Doe" from around the globe.

Does this traning help in thethe Private Contracting NoN Military Job market?

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top