Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Armed Portland drug store owner apprehends robber

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by dmancornell, Jul 30, 2012.

1. dmancornell

dmancornell Portland, OR New Member

2. biggie24420

biggie24420 Beaverton Oregon Well-Known Member

Yeah I heard about this.... just goes to say you can't depend on the POLICE to save you when you need them. This is why I carry a firearm and when I'm in public I am condition yellow or orange.... job well done officer lol.

3. Burt Gummer

Burt Gummer Portland Completely Out of Ammo

Johnny was six blocks from VooDoo doughnuts. Important business first.

FA9, biggie24420, dmancornell and 3 others like this.
  4. biggie24420

biggie24420 Beaverton Oregon Well-Known Member

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahah!
    :laugh::bluelaugh::laugh::bluelaugh:

5. darkminstrel

darkminstrel PDX Well-Known Member

When I heard this over the radio news I thought 'oh, he was probably unarmed or without his vest and on his way home'. Then I heard he was in his cruiser...my confidence in the PPD was more thoroughly crushed. Wow.

6. osterr1999

osterr1999 Silverton, OR Active Member

Maybe this will serve as a warning to all the sheep out there. The police will not always be there when you need them. You have to take some personal responsibility for your own safety. I realize that asking people to take personal responsibility is a lot these days, but it is what is needed.

Burt Gummer and (deleted member) like this.
  7. netcarrier

netcarrier Portland, Oregon Active Member

Hi All,
    Sound to me the Officer will be looking for a job soon. As when you are a Police Officer you on duty 24 hours 7 day a week and you have to answer to any type of report of a crime. To make sure that persons or property are safe. The Officer did not do anything He could have use his Radio / Computer to get help. We need to make the City accountable for this kind of Officers. I think we need to get the Mayor and Police Commissioner working on it, But because they are the same maybe a new person for both jobs. Get someone that will do the job right.
    Tony Portland, Oregon Area

8. bulzeye

bulzeye scappoose Member

The officer should lose his job, but the union will fight it and he will probably be reinstated.

9. Defense Minister

Defense Minister Eugene/Springfield Active Member

For the most part, I appreciate the police, but it's starting to sound like the entire Portland Police Bureau needs to be replaced!

10. Swedish K

Swedish K SW Washington Moderator Staff Member

Pharmacist for the win! Pharmacists 1 Portland Police 0 - epic fail

11. ThemGunsThough

ThemGunsThough RIP City! Well-Known Member

On a side note, downtown PDX officers can also be so oblivious at times. I work across the street from the downtown pdx police building on 3rd and main. I remember during my training, when the whole "Occupy Portland" fiasco was going on, during our training we noticed someone at the top of the smart park building projecting a large occupy portland picture on the downtown portland police building. They were up there for a good 2 hours before the cops finally went up there and did something.