Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Armed Guards in every school?

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by Medic!, Oct 2, 2015.

1. Medic!

Medic! What just happened? Has eagle eyes. But cant remember what he saw. Bronze Supporter

Why don't we have them. Like Reynold's high school?

I'm not gona hear anymore crap about gun ban's. Until we try protecting our children first!

Juggernaut and Joe13 like this.
  2. Joe13

Joe13 NW of Vancouver Opinionated & Blunt Bronze Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Personally, I would take it a step further and say ANY place that restricts civilian carry should be Made to hire armed guards for the customers safety.

If they allowed parents to protect the schools, I would sign up to volunteer a couple hours a week even though my daughter just started college.

3. Medic!

Medic! What just happened? Has eagle eyes. But cant remember what he saw. Bronze Supporter

I would give them 40 hours a week. And pay out of pocket for any training they require!
    Man. I am sick of these killings!

And I want to stop them!

4. Juggernaut

Juggernaut Ory'gun Active Member

Our "Dear Leader" is protected by men with guns... our kids aren't worth equal protection?

5. slimer13

slimer13 Deer Park Well-Known Member

I haven't made up my mind on this. I think armed security would be a deterrent but the size of some of these campuses are so immense it would take an army to properly protect them.

Plus I think if we did fortify all of our schools and college campuses these killers would target grocery stores, churches, etc anywhere people gather.

If we choose to live in a free (ish) society, there is always going to be soft targets. We just need to stop raising these pathetic excuses for human beings and get back to personal accountability, traditional family values etc.

scrandall01215, timac and Joe13 like this.
  6. Medic!

Would one trained persons not protect better than no trained person?

And F grocery stores and churches.
    Maybe they will get up to speed when they see armed schools work!

61d95d1c6c3870eef34c0a61c25b267ca301500c_1.jpg

balaperdida, IheartSig, timac and 4 others like this.
  7. Joe13

Joe13 NW of Vancouver Opinionated & Blunt Bronze Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Simple solution.

Every teacher carries.

Every cashier carries.

Everyone carries.

How many people you gonna shoot in a crowd full of ccw's?

8. Medic!

Well that's a much better solution than pretending all the gun's out there aren't out there!

B5Ben and Joe13 like this.
  9. Joe13

A guy could do more damage in a crowd with two kitchen butcher knives and a couple of red bulls in em, then almost any gun. Thats just my opinion - doesn't take any skill or training to start swinging a sharp knife at anything that moves around you.

I bet @Medic! could confirm or debunk that for me.;)

Medic! and Juggernaut like this.
  10. Juggernaut

I get what you are saying, and ultimately just as you stated the long term solution has to be a change in our cultural values... or maybe more like a return to when we had some kind of values.

In the meantime, to satisfy the "something must be done" crowd. Lets do something that might actually be effective, and not involve taking my shoes off to be groped and x-rayed.

Joe13, Medic! and slimer13 like this.
  11. slimer13

slimer13 Deer Park Well-Known Member

How about abolishing gun free zones/ Constitution free zones as they have been proven to be dismal failures, thus allowing those who choose to protect themselves, to do so?

12. Juggernaut

Since apparently you have to post a sign these days..
    Personal Responsibility Zone!
    Enter at Your Own Risk.

Medic! and Joe13 like this.
  13. edslhead

edslhead Vanc Gold Supporter Gold Supporter Silver Supporter Bronze Supporter

They need mental detectors at the doors, would sound alarms when the crazies entered.

titsonritz, U201491, B5Ben and 2 others like this.
  14. Medic!

No not needed.

If you are armed and ready.
    You can shoot crazy dead! The second he goes there.;)

edslhead likes this.
  15. edslhead

edslhead Vanc Gold Supporter Gold Supporter Silver Supporter Bronze Supporter

I guess that would work too:D

Medic! likes this.
  16. Medic!

Yes. It would really work.

I have a vision to stop these shootings. Not just do what feel's good.
    But insert a mechanism that would control and stop the loss of life!:(

17. ZA_Survivalist

ZA_Survivalist Oregon AK's all day.

Exactly, and furthermore if they have a policy that bans carrying a firearm on their property they are LEGALLY liable for events like this, huge payouts to families of folks that disarmed themselves to walk onto bigot property.

Id also take this to cities here in Oregon that ban loaded open carry.
    They need to be legally liable for preventing civilians the right to defend themselves quickly should a tragic event like this happen.

brentb636, Medic!, edslhead and 2 others like this.
  18. ZA_Survivalist

ZA_Survivalist Oregon AK's all day.

ALL of these "mass" shootings have happend in soft target areas..

I think we SHOULD try a pro firearm approach versus yet another anti firearm approach.. New laws wont do jackbubblegum.

Joe13, titsonritz and Medic! like this.
  19. U201491

U201491 Well-Known Member

Even more disgusting is the legislators have made laws to
    protect themselves from lawsuits for making bad law.
    They did it without the people's consent as well.
    That has to be changed also.
    Another one is ALL judges should be elected by the people and never hand picked by any politician.
    There are many things that are bad with our current political system but those things would go a long way toward fixing some of them.

Oathkeeper1775 and Joe13 like this.
  20. etrain16

etrain16 Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Exactly. If they are going to mandate that we can't carry to protect ourselves and our loved ones, then the college, university, store, mall, theater should be required to guarantee safety by providing adequate armed security - and if the don't, then they are to be held financially liable for all victims killed or injured.

Funny thing is, they may not care about protecting people, but they do care about their money.

I hope the family of every victim yesterday sues the school for failing to provide a safe environment - if nothing more than to send a strong message to all gun free zones.

Unfortunately it will likely end up with lawsuits against gun manufacturers and gun stores instead of the people that created the "free indoor shooting range with reactive targets" they call a school.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2015
    brentb636, Joe13 and Medic! like this.