JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Kidnapped Louisiana Mom Knew Her Family Would Save Her - ABC News

in short, A family determined to save their kidnapped relative tracked her down to an abandoned Louisiana house, saving her life and killing her captor after she went missing for almost three full days

There is a saying 'when seconds count, the police are only minutes away'

(what I find interesting about this case is the family conducted the raid not the police...)

If there is a good argument for the 2A not to be infringed upon this is one. This is a case where the police (for whatever reason) did not have the capacity. Now I cant imagine asking if the family member had a CHL or if the state allowed open carry................

Later that evening, law enforcement officials found Thomas' car near an abandoned sugarcane field in a rural area of Lafayette Parish, Judice said. Authorities searched the field Wednesday and Thursday to no avail.

Arceneaux's family members conducted their own search in the same area Friday morning and came upon a secluded, abandoned house behind a cluster of trees. A relative heard her scream.

Who says there isn't good news to be reported. Best part of the story is the fact that they shot the perp dead, no wounding and saving him for the courts, (concerned tax payers at work). The District Attorney must have a big set, cause you can bet he's getting a ton of pressure as we don't want to encourage this type of activity in the future, blah, blah. Nice one Koda.

Heroes! They should be very proud of themselves. Now that is what I call a family. Thanks for the wonderful story. What a nice pick me up before work.

It doesn't say if the rescuer was a concealed carry or what. Anyway it would really put the authorities in a bad light if they prosecuted the guy for improper carry.
Dianne Sawyer must have had a hard time reporting this after she did that anti-gun biased report on the ineffectiveness of civilians carrying. Eat crow Dianne, eat up!

There are a lot of families out there that would do that. Ours would in a heart beat. 3 Iraq and Afghanistan veterans that crashed a lot of doors in country, 3 other very well trained individuals, we would not hesitate to do this should the LEO's not get it done.

There are a lot of families out there that would do that. Ours would in a heart beat. 3 Iraq and Afghanistan veterans that crashed a lot of doors in country, 3 other very well trained individuals, we would not hesitate to do this should the LEO's not get it done.

:s0155::)

No military but private security...no not rent a cop rather real training for me and 2 brothers (well cousins but they are brothers to me) that are in my mind the best back up a guy can have. All familys should stand up for each other and protect one another no matter the little quarrels. I love this family in the story here and wish them exteme happiness in the future as that is the kind of people I wish everyone had it in them to be. Good good family and as said the police cannot be relied on no matter how many times they say "we will take care of this you just remain calm and stay in your home".

It doesn't say if the rescuer was a concealed carry or what. Anyway it would really put the authorities in a bad light if they prosecuted the guy for improper carry.
Dianne Sawyer must have had a hard time reporting this after she did that anti-gun biased report on the ineffectiveness of civilians carrying. Eat crow Dianne, eat up!

My understanding is that open carry is legal in Louisiana. And Dianne Sawyer can kiss my grits.

kinda makes me wonder what the cops were doing. the family did all the investigating and tracking and then extraction. its great that they managed to save their family member but its the job of the police to do that and they were clearly slacking here. good for them and good thing they still have the right to do it.

If the local LE are so inept that they missed the house, it's probably better that the family rescued her themselves rather than being forced to watch some long, drawn out standoff which, from the way the kidnapper was acting, would almost certainly have resulted in Mrs. Arceneaux's death. What a family. They know how to get stuff done.

kinda makes me wonder what the cops were doing. the family did all the investigating and tracking and then extraction. its great that they managed to save their family member but its the job of the police to do that and they were clearly slacking here. good for them and good thing they still have the right to do it.

Actually, the federal courts have ruled that the police have no obligation to protect you as an individual. So technically, it's not their job. This is part of the problem with anti-gunners and their arguement that we should let the police protect us; the police don't have to.

Actually, the federal courts have ruled that the police have no obligation to protect you as an individual. So technically, it's not their job. This is part of the problem with anti-gunners and their arguement that we should let the police protect us; the police don't have to.

well youre not totally wrong, they could have put in the effort to at least find her. i hadnt thought about that ruling when i wrote that post though.

Well the police aren't mandated to protect us, indeed, they cant really protect us anyway. However, the crime had been committed and I would think even in Louisiana that would have gotten the cops stirring. Those field searches must have been real doughnut fests!

Great job Arceneauxs!!!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads