JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reading the article referenced in this thread may help answer those questions: Lessons learned from a good-samaritan attempt
Yeah, I spent a couple hours reading it and all the comments, while watching the Beavs mop up the Huskies after the rain delay. There's not a lot in common with dead carjacker case, other than both were ccl's. In the good-Sam case, he used extremely poor judgement to involve a gun into a domestic dispute situation, where the perp had none. He is lucky it turned out as well as it did. The best comment to go back and read is from Barry Graham...too long to repeat. He got beat up pretty bad for calling a spade-a spade-but a ccl is not a license to right everyone's perceived wrong. Drawing a gun is a serious matter, with serious consequences if anything goes wrong. We used the stick 99% in my time. Ask me how I know. Military/LE 90% disabled from service. Just think we should be celebrating our rare successes.

and...I'm betting the hero had military training...because he immediately rendered first aid to the other car-jack victim. In the military, he would've been recognized for that with an award.

I want to see a picture of the hero's...and I want to see THEIR names celebrated! Where is that? AND...I'd like to see President Trump bring him (them) to Washington, present medals, and rub it in the fake news faces.
Recognized yes (if the person agrees to some form of public recognition). He should be given credit for his heroic act but I don't see then need to 'deify' the person to some mythical pedestal. Too much recognition (especially in this situation) could lead to unintended consequences.

Why would that be? Afraid it wasn't pc? No, notoriety of heroic act is in order here. Do you think the sjw's would want to mess with him? Doubt it. We should be on the offensive, remember?

I think there are other things you're not considering here that would cause some people to remain anonymous. Consider their job, as just one example. If they're in a public job or a job where say their customers aren't okay with carrying, going public could hurt their job/business. What if your employer is very anti gun? Others in public employee positions, a teacher, for example, could have some serious issues with that info going public. Or maybe they simply don't want to be recognized just out running errands, for example - at that point, they've lost the benefit of being concealed and trying to be a "gray man".

I wouldn't want that attention myself. I don't need it. I get that you want to celebrate these events, so do I, but I also want to be left alone. I don't need reporters calling me, showing up at my house, anti-gun protestors showing up at my home or job, or worse yet, messing with my family. A lot of us are perfectly content helping someone else without getting medals/awards or public recognition. I don't carry for recognition or fame, I carry in the unlikely, and hopefully, never occurring, event that my life, the life of my family, or, possibly an innocent bystander, is in immediate danger.

Last Edited:
Update they said this today the guy who died was a big time trouble Maker and the old man that he was trying to car jack WAS HIS DAD

This story gets crazier every day sounds like he jacked about 4 cars then called daddy ? Look like he was going to take it as far as he could .if the armed citizen would not have stopped him this might have been a nice big nation wide news story and a new example for the leftys to broadcast their stupidity.

You can have a hand in molding the future, or step back and let someone mold it for you. Being invisible and letting "them" control the narrative, is what brought us to this point. Good luck with your future.

I think it's funny that there where 4 people there ARMED ready to make this guy take the .
ROOM TEMP CHALLENGE .LOL
And the media is reporting it

I think it's funny that there where 4 people there ARMED ready to make this guy take the .
ROOM TEMP CHALLENGE .LOL
And the media is reporting it
That's why it's such a Golden Opportunity to build on this good example-that turned out right...Youre playing into their game by stepping back into anynomity.

Recognized yes (if the person agrees to some form of public recognition). He should be given credit for his heroic act but I don't see then need to 'deify' the person to some mythical pedestal. Too much recognition (especially in this situation) could lead to unintended consequences.

Could end up getting stocked by leftwing nut jobs. Or a demonstration in front of your home or place of business ect ect

That's why it's such a Golden Opportunity to build on this good example-that turned out right...Youre playing into their game by stepping back into anynomity.
Speaking strictly for myself, had I been involved in ending such an activity, I'd simply fade into the background, no face, no name. I need to protect my employment, my privacy, my family and my home. There's way too many nut jobs roaming the street to go public with identification. The last thing I need to to be stalked by some anti gun whacko, or even worse have my wife or kids stalked.

Sometimes, one just has to respect the fact that a hero doesn't want to be identified. Period...

The problem isn't that heroes don't get recognized. The problem is that they perpetuate violence by making folk heroes out of the psychopaths instead of just leaving the news as the news without sensationalizing it by showing the criminal off. They whore out the insane, and like a pimp they rake in the money.

Believe it or not the bad guy in all this was an employee of mine that I let go two weeks ago. He started no showing at work and when he did show up was being very strange and not making much sense. He was a drug abuser in the past but that was supposed to be behind him and I thought I would give the man a chance. I think he might have started back on the drugs or maybe just started having mental issues, I tried to talk him into seeing a counselor or psychiatrist but he refused and said he had it under control. Not much I could do at that point but let him go because my business was suffering. I never thought he was remotely capable of this and although he wasn't making sense when talking to him he was not violent at all. He has a felony in the past so was not supposed to own firearms. I just found out it was him and am blown away that he could do this.

This is the part people need to know. Thank you for sharing...

As for the Hero. Interesting, how the bad guy has a gun (so we want to ban guns), but the good guy is a Hero because he was in the right place at the right time, with the right mindset, WITH a gun.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top