Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Armed Carjacker meets Armed Citizen, Oooops...

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Navman, Jun 11, 2013.

1. Navman

Navman Canby Oregon Active Member

bcdon and (deleted member) like this.
  2. BigBull 301

BigBull 301 PDX almost Well-Known Member

I love happy endings!

3. dmv9

dmv9 Seattle, WA Member

Already discussed on another thread :)

4. MinnesotaORnewbie

MinnesotaORnewbie Oregon Active Member

I wonder if a few of those shots bounced off the wall as he was shooting with his arm bent around backwards towards the carjacker.

5. Brutus57

Brutus57 Skagit County Well-Known Member

Maybe he was trick-shooting using the mirror to aim. :thumbup:Did the perp die, cause he seemed to quit moving after a bit? Also, where was this video taken?

Brutus Out

6. NWGlockgal

NWGlockgal Oregon Well-Known Member

I have no pity for the car jackers but personally I would have let him take the car. Not worth risking my life over, especially my piece of junk car...which is why probably no one would want to steal it anyway :)

7. coop44

coop44 Tacoma ,WA Well-Known Member

You are missing the point,wether I have a Yugo or a Rolls Royce, it doesn't matter, it is MINE!! You will catch hell if you come and try to take it, your attitude is what gives the carjacker the guts to try and take yours. If you cower in fear odds are pretty good they will hurt you anyway, because they feel they can do anything with inpunity.

How common would it be (carjacking) if there were bodies of carjackers hung from a few streetlights with a "carjacker" sign around their necks?

4Freedom and (deleted member) like this.
  8. accessbob

accessbob Molalla, OR 2A Supporter

And not only that but the car jacker points a gun at you, how do you know he isn't going to kill you anyway? If I have opportunity, I'm fighting back.

9. NWGlockgal

I disagree....it is not cowering in fear, it is using your G-d given intelligence. I've known a person who was killed because he fought back, when he would not have been if he had not. The person that jacked him had done it several times before and had never hurt anyone...til then. They want my car, they can have it. I'm not dying for some piece of junk that is more easily replaced than I am.

10. NWGlockgal

The guy in the video was extremely lucky. The car jacker had a gun pulled on him, and fortunately he choose to run when the driver pulled out his gun. The jacker could have just as easily shot him. He had the advantage and he would have won if he had not run.

11. accessbob

accessbob Molalla, OR 2A Supporter

Not one of these fought back (as far as I can tell from the news stories):

Carjacker who kidnapped, killed 83-year-old woman outside Arlington home is still at large | Dallasnews.com - News for Dallas, Texas - The Dallas Morning News

Antioch man killed by carjacker in Oakland - SFGate

Mother Shot, Baby Killed In Carjacking

Police: Carjacker killed mom and raped girl

News from KTRK, around Texas - the Lone Star State 6/12/06 | abc13.com

Carjacker who killed 2 men and teen girl gets life in prison | Local & Regional | Seattle News, Weather, Sports, Breaking News | KOMO News

Woman Dies of Stabbing by Carjacker - Los Angeles Times

So, yes the good guy doesn't always win but I'd rather have a fighting chance and that's why I CARRY. It isn't about property it is about the fact you can't trust a criminal to not kill you even if you comply. So, what do you carry for if not to defend yourself against criminals? You may not have opportunity in some cases but the opportunity presents itself, I'm going to take it and hope it works out. But that's part of carrying. You aren't guaranteed a good outcome, only a chance to meet force with force.

12. deen_ad

deen_ad Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

And you know that how? Past actions are no determinate of actions now.

Deen
    NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
    Second Amendment Foundation Member
    Washington Arms Collectors Member
    Arms Collectors of SW Washington Member

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one and don't have it, you'll probably never need one again!"

orygun and (deleted member) like this.
  13. 4Freedom

4Freedom Boise, Idaho Well-Known Member

I don't know about you, but I'd rather go out fighting if I thought I had the chance. My ancestors in Belarus (near Russia) begged and pleaded for their lives and where systematically shot to death.

Maybe, I am just sick and tired of being a helpless victim. Of course, if the guy has the bead on my face and my gun is in my holster and there is not a chance, then of course, at that point, I am screwed. If I felt I had the opportunity to drop this dangerous perpetrator and even prevent somebody else in the future from being killed by him, then I wouldn't hesitate to act on it.

As always , situational awareness is key..

I also believe NW GlockGal , you are wrong in your assessment that he ran after seeing the gun.. I cannot tell from the video, but it appears the carjacker was either shot once from inside the vehicle or hit very hard and he ran after he lost control of his weapon or was injured. It doesn't appear he just ran after seeing the gun, as a struggle ensued. From looking at the video at around 0:37 , it appears the jacker has taken one round and that is what freaked him out and made him run, rather than just seeing a gun (considering he had a gun in his hand).

14. LocoSway

LocoSway Tualatin, OR New Member

When someone puts a gun in your face you don't hear, "Give me your car". The shop owner (victim) was armed for a reason, he probably had been robbed or threatened before. He also obviously trains not only physically, but mentally. He very well may have been unharmed if he handed over the vehicle, but who's choice is it at that point? Certainly not his... Me, and others, do not want a stranger determining if we live or die. If we have a means to fight back, we will. I can't think of a better reason to deploy your firearm than someone who walks up, points a gun at your face, and demands you do something. In fact, if he had not been already inside his vehicle, he probably would have had his hand on his weapon before he even saw the attackers weapon. Why? Because he had the situational awareness that develops from having a mindset that you will NOT be a victim.