JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Concealed Handgun, License to Carry - Oregon Licenses, Permits and Registrations

1. Citizen of the United States; or
Is a legal resident alien who can document continuous residency in the county for at least six months and has declared in writing to the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services the intent to acquire citizenship status and can present proof of the written declaration to the sheriff at the time of application for the license.
2. 21 or older.
3. Not a convicted felon.
4. Not convicted or found guilty of a misdemeanor.
5. No outstanding warrants for your arrest or free on any form of pretrial release.
6. Demonstrates competence with a handgun per ORS 166.291(f).

Correct me if I am wrong, but your information is half true yet false. I believe it reads has not been convicted of a misdemeanor with in the past 3 years. Thought I would point this out since it is a VERY big difference

I had a misdemeanor disorderly conduct (for swearing in public if you can believe that) in the 70s. It still causes a background check delay every few years while they check to make sure it wasn't that state's definition of beating up your wife.

Suggest you go for expungement before this becomes more of a problem for you.

Arm chair lawyer
With that you dont get the arm, the chair or the lawyer.
But it still might cost ya an arm and a leg.
Contact someone like the NRA, OFF, or GOA and get a referral to an attorney that specializes in firearm laws and constitutional law.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top