Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

ArmaLite doesn't seem to get how politics work

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by Luieburger, Feb 18, 2013.

1. Luieburger

Luieburger El Paso, TX Member

The folks in NY are requesting support from ArmaLite, and here is what they got.

Response from ArmaLite

Now some folks are calling for a Boycott. You can decide for yourselves. Free market.

Boycott Armalite - Calguns.net

Personally, I've never bought an ArmaLite firearm, and I never will.

Benny503 and (deleted member) like this.
  2. dmancornell

dmancornell Portland, OR New Member

A NY firearms forum asked Armalite to join Larue, Oly and others to treat LEO as civilians in ban states, here is the reply

Then the asshat president posted this pathetic backtrack: ARMALITE'S PRESIDENT'S RESPONSE. - AR15.COM

FB page started for an Armalite boycott: https://www.facebook.com/BoycottArmaliteFirearms

With luck they can be reduced to pimping themselves out for single product government contracts, a la Colt.

aslinged and (deleted member) like this.
  3. xlsbob

xlsbob coos county Platinum Supporter Platinum Supporter

That would be why form letters are not as good as a personally written one. A flood of the same exact letter are not going to be each individually read, they turn into junk mail. Take the time to compose your own concise message with your concerns.

Pandaz3 and (deleted member) like this.
  4. Pandaz3

Pandaz3 Cornelius, Oregon NRA Lifetime Member Platinum Supporter Gold Supporter Bronze Supporter

Well it won't make me melt down my Armalite AR-10. If I needed a spare magazine I would order it from them so I guess I won't boycott them either.

I might, like xlsbob suggests, write a self constructed short note urging them to stand with the others. I do like what Olympic and LaRue and the others have done.

5. Blue Devil PA

Blue Devil PA Boise Active Member

Any level of participation should be recognized by Armalite. 200 form letters don't mean much, but 20,000 do. I say do both, but that is me. In this society, with apathy and laziness among the people, be happy that some are taking the time to do the minimum to support something we do a little more to support.
    In political statements one thing to remember (like the Russian Army quote): There is a certain quality to quantity.