JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a question for Armalite AR10 owners.
A buddy of mine just picked up a used AR10t that has a custom barrel on it and we noticed that after cleaning it, it will not close up without cocking the hammer first or it hits the firing pin on the backside.
I used to own one of these but I don't remember it having an issue hitting the firing pin.
It appears to be headspaced properly as the bolt looks like it is fully closed. Any ideas?

the armalite ar-10t usually comes with a 2 stage match trigger group from the factory that is different than a standard trigger group. ( T stands for target)..... Yes, you need to cock it to close the upper and lower. look at the ar-10t hammer, then look at a standard ar-15 hammer, they are different. Also an ar-10 will take the same trigger group parts as an ar-15, if you ever want to change out your trigger group assembly. just need to be sure you are using the right pin parts,, there are small pin and large pin parts, ( I believe large pin parts came out in the 1980's in colt rifles.)

thank you Parallax! That helps, I was worried he had a head space problem. So an ar15 trigger will work in it but the pins will not?

i am pretty sure there are at least 2 types of trigger group assemblies, one was for a weird large pin colt lower reciever made in the mid 1980's thru 1990's,, and the small pin is for everything else.. i am pretty sure armalite is the small pin assembly, the most common..

We got to take it out yesterday and see how it shot. It is amazingly accurate!
It came with a GAP barrel (GA precision) 24" stainless match and was punching holes through it's own holes at 200 yards.
I seen videos on how the GAP 10 rifles were supposed to keep up with bolt action 308"s but didn't think it would be this accurate.
The trigger was pretty crisp for the 2 stage Armalite trigger.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top