JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Should be any MIL-SPEC weapon for that lower size.. Like an M4.. if you have a mil-spec RRA (Rock River Arms) lower you can use DPMS, Bushmaster, Colt, CMMG, Etc... So you can use for this 308 lower.. DPMS, Knight Manufacturing (I.E. Stoner rifle), RRA, etc.. any 308 upper should be able to be used. but still check with the manufacturer.

Last Edited:
Should be any MIL-SPEC weapon for that lower size.. Like an M4.. if you have a mil-spec RRA (Rock River Arms) lower you can use DPMS, Bushmaster, Colt, CMMG, Etc... So you can use for this 308 lower.. DPMS, Knight Manufacturing (I.E. Stoner rifle), RRA, etc.. any 308 upper should be able to be used. but still check with the manufacturer.

The problem comes with that the AR-10 is not "mil-spec", since the military doesn't have specifications for an issued .308 AR, the closest thing would probably be the SR-25 as far as a mil-spec .308. Also they all use different mag designs, so most likely have different bolt configurations, especially with the LAR-8, and I know that most SR-25 parts are not compatible with the AR-10

Either way, this is a great deal on a AR-10 lower!

The problem comes with that the AR-10 is not "mil-spec", since the military doesn't have specifications for an issued .308 AR, the closest thing would probably be the SR-25 as far as a mil-spec .308. Also they all use different mag designs, so most likely have different bolt configurations, especially with the LAR-8, and I know that most SR-25 parts are not compatible with the AR-10

Either way, this is a great deal on a AR-10 lower!

I did say to check with the Manufacture's to make sure!!! and i mentioned the STONER rifle.. need some props.. lol but yes you are right.. Ar-10 are not mil-spec and yes i would love one anyway... :D

AR10 type weapons don't enjoy the same level of parts interchangeability as do AR15's. It's a real pain in the *** when it comes to mags for them. DPMS & SR-25 mags can be interchanged & I beleive maybe some early Armalites (not sure about that one)....surely there is an AR10 guru around here that could clear this up..:huh:

AR10 type weapons don't enjoy the same level of parts interchangeability as do AR15's. It's a real pain in the *** when it comes to mags for them. DPMS & SR-25 mags can be interchanged & I beleive maybe some early Armalites (not sure about that one)....surely there is an AR10 guru around here that could clear this up..:huh:

AR-10 mags and DPMS mags are totally different in design, I dont recall any compatibility with early AR-10 mags, since they were basically converted M-14 mags.

From the DPMS website FAQ

Do other magazines work in the LR-308 line of rifles?
Yes, the original AR-10 Stoner waffle 20 round magazines and the Knights Armament SR-25™ 10 & 20 round magazines will also work.

According to this website http://www.biggerhammer.net/stoner/sr25var10/ar10vsr25.html...

MAGAZINE: The AR-10 magazine is based on the magazine of the M14 Rifle. The M-14 magazine is well proven and available in large numbers. It is both stronger and more reliable than that of early AR-10 and similar magazines. It is made in 10 round capacity.

The AR-10B magazine does not bear a latch plate on the rear surface like that of the M-14 magazine. The lower receiver, however, has a clearance cut up the back of the magazine well to allow insertion of an M-14 magazine. A 20 round M-14 magazine can therefore be modified to function perfectly in the AR-10. This modification requires changes to the feed lips cutting a magazine catch opening cutting a slot down the back of the magazine replacement of the follower with a new follower addition of a bolt catch trip and spring a slight change in the follower spring.

The most unique aspect of the ArmaLite magazine is the follower. A top surface similar to that of the M16 magazine has been combined with a form suited to the M-14 magazine box. A patented spring-loaded plunger has been installed in the follower. When the follower rises to the top of the magazine box, this plunger pops into the track at the rear of the magazine well and trips the bolt catch, thus holding the bolt carrier assembly to the rear.

The magazine will continue to function in the M-14 rifle, but will not trip the M-14 bolt catch unless the AR-10 follower is replaced with the M-14 follower. The latch plate at the rear of the magazine (which engages the M-14 magazine catch) may be sufficiently weakened by removal of its upper half that it breaks off, rendering the magazine usable only in the AR-10.

The waffle mags are basically SR mags. Now armalite are in their second generation of magazines, which are no longer converted mags IIRC.
Yes that is correct. But for clarity I will add "their second generation of mags for their current rifles" AKA the Armalite 10's that use the converted M14 style mags.

Then there is a AR10 .308 clone that uses G3 mags to confuse the issue even more :p

What were we talking about? Oh yeah buy Coctailers AR10 lower because Armalite AR10's rule and that is a great price!

There are many like it but this one is mine!
100_1545.jpg

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top