JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
We live in a "no shooting" area, so I suppose it's illegal where I live.

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
Defender of Freedom Award
NRA Recruiter
Second Amendment Foundation Member
Washington Arms Collectors Member
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Member

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one and don't have it, you'll probably never need one again!"

If the homeowner felt his safety and bodily integrity was truly threatened, (correctly) he could shoot the aggressor almost anywhere

If you are able to get away from a threat, and then return to said threat, you make your attorney's job pretty difficult, n'est-ce pas?

Although I have no expertise in these matters, I suspect that your attorney would have a much easier time if the "victim" was presenting a credible threat to someone else.

If the "victim" presented no immediate threat after your departure, you would be the aggressor if you returned to confront him.

I have no legal expertise and am not giving advice!

Who the hell drives to their house with a road-rager in tow? For that matter if it was that bad, why not use your car as a weapon against a rager on a motorcycle? ;)

Out of curiosity, where would you recommend that someone with a road rager in tow drive?

Rural Sno county is pretty rural. Long way to a cop shop, normally. Would you drive to a grocery store strip mall? Maybe one was not nearby. I dunno...you brought it up, so I'm asking.

I'm going to snoop into this case, as there is certainly a story to tell.

I would drive ANYWHERE but to my abode so the guy can tell all his friends where I live. Furthermore, I'm always armed (ESPECIALLY when driving in "the sticks") so I would have just pulled over to allow the rager the opportunity to pass me by, but if he decided to stop and escalate the situation... It would be what it would be.

I also don't tend to drive like an a$$ which helps avoid too much conflict anyway.

Out of curiosity, where would you recommend that someone with a road rager in tow drive?

Fire station if it's staffed may be a good call. Good luck of course with them being in the station and not on a call. There's usually an emergency phone outside in case someone stops by and no one is there. It's well lit, and if staffed, has at least 3 people there with quick access to the cops.

I have often thought about where to drive if being followed by an angry driver. My first thought is to not stop unless it is unavoidable. The second thing I would do is make a big loop (5 to 8 blocks) and dial 911 at the same time notifying them of my whereabouts. Then just keep driving in circles until they show up.

If the guy was able to go in the house and retrieve a gun, why didn't he just lock the door behind him and call the cops?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top