JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have been to several events there and have never seen metal detectors or wands. And yes, I was carrying.:cool:

Below is their helpful guide about attending an event. Nothing about firearms.

Attending an Event
Are you attending one of our theater events? Below we've included some helpful information for first time visitors, plus links to more information about directions and parking, where to eat, and where to stay can be located through our venue specific pages above.

Arrive early. If you arrive late, you may be held out or reseated until an appropriate time for you to get to your assigned seat.

Please silence or turn off all electronic devices.

Most shows do not allow photography of any kind and flash photography is never allowed.

Please do not wear perfume or cologne as some people are highly allergic.

If you need assistance during the show, please go to the nearest usher.

Outside food and beverage is not allowed in our theaters.

Be courteous and respectful of those around you.

Attire: There are not set rules for attire when attending a performance. Some people like to dress up for a night out, while others prefer to be casual. Each event is different, so plan accordingly. In the end, it's all about the amazing performance you're about to experience - so don't worry too much about your clothes.

We are all here to enjoy the show, so let's do our best to make each show enjoyable for all!

Last Edited:
I attended a performance there once. Absolutely zero leg room in those rows. Unfortunately the stinkin performance was almost three hours. Halfway through I got up and moved to an aisle seat all the way in the back where I was able to stretch my legs and get some blood back into my feet. Airline seats are more comfortable. If you're any taller than a hobbit you will beuncomfortable.

200.gif

Last couple of times I went to something at the Schnitz, was about the time masking was becoming optional.

They did want to see my jab card, but a pic of it on my smartphone was enough.

I looked for a "no weapons" posting and did not see one.

Ok did some research on the machines that I passed thru. Apparently the use AI tech to take pictures of us and figure out if we are conceal carrying weapons. Doesn't say anything about metal detectors. But I can't rule out the possibility. Picture is the company. Maybe I should have risked carrying thru see if it would have caught me.

IMG_9798.jpeg

Ok did some research on the machines that I passed thru. Apparently the use AI tech to take pictures of us and figure out if we are conceal carrying weapons. Doesn't say anything about metal detectors. But I can't rule out the possibility. Picture is the company. Maybe I should have risked carrying thru see if it would have caught me.

View attachment 1746655

Being that it's AI, if you ever got a false positive while walking though it your face would be in it's threat database. I wonder where that info would eventually go and whether it would cause problems at the airport or ? in the future. Kinda scary.

View attachment 1746655
I'm thinking it either uses metal detection or xray/sonar detection but has AI access data vs having a human do it.

From the videos I've seen it would have definitely flagged you if you went through it with you concealed carry weapon.

• AI and Sensor Fusion: At the heart of Evolv's technology lies sensor fusion, a process that combines data from multiple sensors to create a comprehensive picture. The AI algorithms analyze various sensor inputs, including thermal imaging, millimeter-wave technology, and artificial intelligence-enabled video analysis, to detect concealed weapons. By fusing these sensor outputs, Evolv's systems provide an unparalleled level of threat detection.

Whether or not they'll have metal detectors, wands, and/or require a search depends entirely on the performer/and or promoter. I've attended concerts/shows with no search or metal detectors, and I've also attended shows were there were metal detectors, wands, bag searches, and even pat downs!

Last week I attended Wynton Marsalis and the Jazz at Lincoln Center Orchestra, and they had the AI metal detectors detailed above. The detectors didn't pick up my pocket knife, but I can't speak to whether or not they'd pick up Big Iron. If so, you gotta walk discretely back to your car.

cholo forgot meme.png

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads