JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Lawmaker's bill would protect residents' right to keep firearms if federal laws change

Click on the link above, small excerpt below

PHOENIX — A Prescott lawmaker is proposing changes in state law designed to protect the right of Arizonans to keep their firearms no matter what a future Congress decides.

But the attorney who crafted it for Republican state Rep. David Stringer said that still won't let Arizonans keep their "bump stocks" if the federal government declares them illegal.

The legislation spells out the kind of firearms the state believes are necessary for those who are members of the state militia. Existing Arizona law already says that automatically includes all "able-bodied citizens of the state" between 18 and 45.

And just to be sure that folks who turn 46 don't lose their gun rights because of new federal laws, HB 2057 also would expand the definition of the militia to remove the maximum age. But it would add a new requirement that they be "capable of acting in concert for the common defense."

The measure — and a companion constitutional amendment — were introduced by Stringer who said he wants to ensure that whatever occurs in Washington doesn't interfere with the right of law-abiding Arizonans to possess firearms.

Another reason to like AZ and why my wife and I may possiblily move there some day.

I really wish other states would follow Arizona's lead and help uphold the 2A. Thanks for sharing Iron. It does give you a little glimmer of hope in humanity.

I have an opportunity to move there and politically it gets an A in my book. I searched all over that state within an hour of Phoenix and can find nothing that even remotely appeals to me as a 'home' place. Then there's all the mule traffic and cartel related bubblegum, oppressive heat and high real estate prices. It pretty quickly drops off my list as a place to end up.

I need some space away from people with enough land to stretch out and shoot, a few trees are a nice touch. I have a friend who lives farther north on a sweet piece of property but it's a couple hours from Phoenix, to far for a commute. Maybe when I retire I'll think about it some more.

I have an opportunity to move there and politically it gets an A in my book. I searched all over that state within an hour of Phoenix and can find nothing that even remotely appeals to me as a 'home' place. Then there's all the mule traffic and cartel related bubblegum, oppressive heat and high real estate prices. It pretty quickly drops off my list as a place to end up.

I need some space away from people with enough land to stretch out and shoot, a few trees are a nice touch. I have a friend who lives farther north on a sweet piece of property but it's a couple hours from Phoenix, to far for a commute. Maybe when I retire I'll think about it some more.
That has been my experiance and sentiment as well I have spent some months in Arizona for work, don't care for the heat and desert but there are some better areas in the northern part of the state. Like all collage towns, Flagstaff has way too many wack job liberals but maby someplace like Williams would be good.

I would go north of phoenix to the Anthem area. Nice area and there is a range that you can shoot up to 1000yds at. There are some spots up there where you can buy land. I would need enough land to build a shop with air conditioning so I have a place to go when it gets hot. ;)

Pretty sure idaho has similar laws protecting 2A.

Not holding my breath though, as we're likely to have a more liberal future with a new governer (please not alquist) and migrants by the thousands who undoubtedly would love to change our way of life.

We looked around, and really like the Payson area, my folks snowbird in Tucson which isn't that bad, but for the drug superhighway of I-19!:(
It' a nice city to visit, but not to stay!
Phoenx used to be pretty nice, but it' become way over populated and land prices have gone through the roof, so that's out!

Dude, Phoenix in the summer heat @120 in the shade is seriously frickin hot! Even worse if you happen to have a black muscle car with no a/c!:(
My poor car was sweating just sitting there under a tree!:D

One good thing about living in the wet part of the NW is that water is about everywhere all the time. In the SW, half of California included, most all people are going to croak pretty quick in a serious disaster for lack of water.
I love the desert but not when it's over 105 or so.. even with all the water you can drink.

One good thing about living in the wet part of the NW is that water is about everywhere all the time. In the SW, half of California included, most all people are going to croak pretty quick in a serious disaster for lack of water.
I love the desert but not when it's over 105 or so.. even with all the water you can drink.
And you don't have to pay the power company to stay cool. The cost of Power is one of the few things that are nearly impossible to control, particularly in areas without the Hydroelectric we have in the northwest. Because of the regressive environmentalists, the cost of developing new sources of power is ridiculously high. People in high population areas will have no choice but to pay the price or live in a 120+ degree House. Water is our strength in the Northwest, whether it is used to grow crops or make electricity......both items required for human survival In our modern age.

Another reason to like AZ and why my wife and I may possiblily move there some day.

I really wish other states would follow Arizona's lead and help uphold the 2A. Thanks for sharing Iron. It does give you a little glimmer of hope in humanity.

The more I hear the more I am tempted to move back there!! First the constitutional carry now this. I keep thinking where the hell were these laws when I lived there and we could not even get them to pass a CC law!! Good for them, better late than never.

I sometimes wish I'd never left AZ, but in my mind it was getting Californicated and, in '04, the real estate prices were insane. I would have been crazy not to sell, and just as crazy to buy another home in that market.

OR looks great on paper as far as 2A issues are concerned, and I never planned on ending up in PDX. Lived in EO for 6 yrs and never understood what the whole "Keep Portland Weird" rap was about til I had to move here. I get it now... terrific.

Half-a-lifetime spent getting the F out of the city and now I'm back in it... stuck. I'm dedicating the last third of my life to leaving.

We looked around, and really like the Payson area, my folks snowbird in Tucson which isn't that bad, but for the drug superhighway of I-19!:(
It' a nice city to visit, but not to stay!
Phoenx used to be pretty nice, but it' become way over populated and land prices have gone through the roof, so that's out!

My FIL lives in the mountains there but it's still HOT.:D

It's a DRY HEAT Think of stepping off an airplane from Florida onto the tarmac in Phoenix.... It felt like an oven set at 400°!!!!:eek::eek::eek:

People joke about that a lot but there is really some to that. I lived in AZ and WA for decades. Last time I came back here to WA it was June. It was 100 + when I left AZ. Not fun but I had gotten used to it. At least as used to it as you get. When I got here we were having a "massive heat wave " here. It was in the low 90's. First couple days here I was working outside and I thought I would die. There is a big difference in how the heat feels.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top