JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I had a Streamlight set up on two HD/SHTF rifles in the past. I off loaded both as they were huge and heavy.

I want to have a source of light on both still but I haven't decide/committed to anything yet.

Looking for some feedback on Arisakas 300 series and their 18650 series if anyone has any?

Or any other lightweight yet functional lighting options.

Both will be mounted via AR rails in mlok and or pic rail.

Thanks!

Reno

No first hand experience but I think they are pretty solid.

Modlite is "IN" right now, "so hot" due to their high brightness and low weight, but very expensive. Lots of manufactures have 18350 versions with a little less light and shorter runtimes.

Another option that people ignore, but is probably just fine for most civilian (read self defense, close quarters) is slapping a pistol light like a streamlight or surefire on the 12 o clock pic rail. Called the "rhino" position. Lol. Gets clunky if using Irons, but if you are using a red dot or optic mounted at 1.7" or higher its not too bad. Keeps the gun very thin and ambidextrous, its low profile, and you can swap it around different guns very quicjly since there are no wires or buttons.

No first hand experience but I think they are pretty solid.

Modlite is "IN" right now, "so hot" due to their high brightness and low weight, but very expensive. Lots of manufactures have 18350 versions with a little less light and shorter runtimes.

Another option that people ignore, but is probably just fine for most civilian (read self defense, close quarters) is slapping a pistol light like a streamlight or surefire on the 12 o clock pic rail. Called the "rhino" position. Lol. Gets clunky if using Irons, but if you are using a red dot or optic mounted at 1.7" or higher its not too bad. Keeps the gun very thin and ambidextrous, its low profile, and you can swap it around different guns very quicjly since there are no wires or buttons.
I've also considered that as an option. I can't recall the manufacture that makes them, but there are rifle ones that attach to pic rails with comfortable buttons on them.

Inforce. That's the brand. I'd have to get my hands on someone's rifle that has one on it and see how it feels.

Inforce. That's the brand. I'd have to get my hands on someone's rifle that has one on it and see how it feels.
Personally I would avoid inforce.

Modlight just released a pistol light that probably has more through than the surefire. However it doesn't have a momentary on which is a killer for me.

Cloud Defensive is my light of choice. The OWL is too heavy but the Rein Micro is excellent and could be used to drive tent poles. I like simple, the Modlite crowd seem to be gear nerd types. Streamlight folks try to open coconuts with a plastic fork 😎

Cloud Defensive is my light of choice. The OWL is too heavy but the Rein Micro is excellent and could be used to drive tent poles. I like simple, the Modlite crowd seem to be gear nerd types. Streamlight folks try to open coconuts with a plastic fork 😎
Looked at the rein micro, I like that it is a complete kit at a reasonable price.

Looked at the rein micro, I like that it is a complete kit at a reasonable price.
Exactly. Having to piece together a dang flashlight is frustrating. Their pressure switch is good too. FYI, Lanbo's Armory has the kit for $275ish shipped. And there's a 20% off coupon on CD's website right now if you want to snag an offset mount or something.

I have an Arisaka 600 light with E2HT Head and it has been amazing. It's great value and it is very lightweight. You can go for the 18650 body but that price may be inching towards Cloud Defensive or Modlite prices. I'm not sure what type of 18650 battery it comes with. I really like the batteries with an integrated micro usb charging port.

I'm still heavily leaning towards a Arisaka 300 for its size and weight.

This has been put in the back burner for the time being however.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top