JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a WA State CPL and I have been invited to a Christmas cruise on an Argosy cruise ship. I know it is legal to carry on the ferry boats but what a about Argosy cruises? Do they have metal detectors or anything?

They never screened us when we did a Christmas cruise about 10 years ago, and I doubt they are doing it now. You might simply call them and ask if they permit concealed carry.

Peter

I found a copy of their standard contract online (it's not on their website), and they specifically prohibit 'fireworks, firearms, explosives and hazardous substances'. There is no exception for CCW.

Your question popped up on Google. We hope you come and enjoy our Christmas Ship, but our policy does not allow firearms on board our vessels. Please feel free to call if you have additional questions!

The standard contract should made available online at the Argosy Website. I did see an the FAQ about Tillicum Village about no firearms, etc.

Bs what you don't know might just save your *** one day.

Your question popped up on Google. We hope you come and enjoy our Christmas Ship, but our policy does not allow firearms on board our vessels. Please feel free to call if you have additional questions!

Sorry but I carry everywhere. Which means if you don't search me than you will never know....

I was going to write a smart @ssed response with something like:
Thanks! That saves me a bunch of money. Money I won't be spending with you guys.

But after thinking about it for a minute it makes me think just by this reply is kinda saying something to the effect: "If you're packin' we don't wanna know". Or to put it simpler: don't ask don't tell.

It looks to me like someone went a little out of their way to invite you and did nothing more than reiterate their policy as it was pertinent to the conversation. I'm kinda impressed. Concealed is concealed. Enjoy the cruise!

Lived near Ballard area for many years never wanted to " take a cruise" as I had my own boat but unless I'm going to the courthouse or law enforcement office I'm packing. I'm just saying that those rules don't apply if you don't enforce them...

The other issue to be concerned about is if it is considered a 21 and over cruise. I took one MANY years ago and the whole vessel was essentially a floating bar, thus making possession of a firearm unlawful.

Just my .02 cents

Richard

So lets see... your policy prohibits law abiding and otherwise honest citizens from attending your cruises. Do you know what it takes to get a CHL?

What do you know about your other guests?

Well, I think I will be avoiding Argosy at this point as it is clear that they don't want my business. Another one of those idiotic rules they put in because they either think it will keep people safe or it will keep people from suing them. They are wrong on both accounts. I liked the cruise to Tillicum Village and wanted to go again. I won't be going and I will be sure to tell everyone I can not to go there until they change their policy to restrict illegal carry of firearms and allow LEGAL carry where the law allows.

So lets see... your policy prohibits law abiding and otherwise honest citizens from attending your cruises. Do you know what it takes to get a CHL?

What do you know about your other guests?
Exactly. We pass a background check and the others don't go through one. Idiotic reasoning again. The lunatics are running the asylum. I'll bet this was a drive by post and we'll never hear from them again. But just to see if it helps them read this...

Argosy Cruises Argosy Cruises Argosy Cruises Argosy Cruises Argosy Cruises Argosy Cruises Argosy Cruises Argosy Cruises Argosy Cruises Argosy Cruises Argosy Cruises Argosy Cruises Argosy Cruises Argosy Cruises Argosy Cruises Argosy Cruises Argosy Cruises Argosy Cruises Argosy Cruises Argosy Cruises Argosy Cruises Argosy Cruises Argosy Cruises Argosy Cruises Argosy Cruises Argosy Cruises Argosy Cruises Argosy Cruises Argosy Cruises Argosy Cruises Argosy Cruises Argosy Cruises Argosy Cruises Argosy Cruises Argosy Cruises Argosy Cruises Argosy Cruises GET A CLUE!

..............But just to see if it helps them read this...

Argosy Cruises Argosy Cruises Argosy Cruises Argosy Cruises Argosy Cruises Argosy Cruises Argosy Cruises Argosy Cruises Argosy Cruises Argosy Cruises Argosy Cruises Argosy Cruises Argosy Cruises Argosy Cruises Argosy Cruises Argosy Cruises Argosy Cruises Argosy Cruises Argosy Cruises Argosy Cruises Argosy Cruises Argosy Cruises Argosy Cruises Argosy Cruises Argosy Cruises Argosy Cruises Argosy Cruises Argosy Cruises Argosy Cruises Argosy Cruises Argosy Cruises Argosy Cruises Argosy Cruises Argosy Cruises Argosy Cruises Argosy Cruises Argosy Cruises GET A CLUE!

:s0140:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads