Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Argosy Cruises

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by Tony617, Dec 10, 2013.

1. Tony617

Tony617 Washington State Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I have a WA State CPL and I have been invited to a Christmas cruise on an Argosy cruise ship. I know it is legal to carry on the ferry boats but what a about Argosy cruises? Do they have metal detectors or anything?

2. ATCclears

ATCclears Seattle area, WA Well-Known Member

They never screened us when we did a Christmas cruise about 10 years ago, and I doubt they are doing it now. You might simply call them and ask if they permit concealed carry.

Peter

3. tanzuki

tanzuki Salem Active Member

I just did one of their cruises Nov 30th and there was no checks or detectors. So if your concealed they would never know.

4. Redcap

Redcap Lewis County, WA Well-Known Member

What they don't know won't hurt you.

mancat and (deleted member) like this.
  5. 8ball

8ball WA Quit talkin' and start chalking!

I found a copy of their standard contract online (it's not on their website), and they specifically prohibit 'fireworks, firearms, explosives and hazardous substances'. There is no exception for CCW.

6. DMax

DMax Yamhill Well-Known Member

The very place that is gun free zone is the very place to carry

7. ArgosyCruises

ArgosyCruises Seattle New Member

Your question popped up on Google. We hope you come and enjoy our Christmas Ship, but our policy does not allow firearms on board our vessels. Please feel free to call if you have additional questions!

8. Tony617

Tony617 Washington State Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

The standard contract should made available online at the Argosy Website. I did see an the FAQ about Tillicum Village about no firearms, etc.

9. elsie

elsie Way over there on the left Well-Known Member

So they are actively scanning for this.

Buddies with the NSA?

elsie

10. Salps

Salps Down by the river…. Well-Known Member

Bs what you don't know might just save your *** one day.

Sorry but I carry everywhere. Which means if you don't search me than you will never know....

Stomper and (deleted member) like this.
  11. BAMCIS

BAMCIS Eugene Well-Known Member

I was going to write a smart @ssed response with something like:
    But after thinking about it for a minute it makes me think just by this reply is kinda saying something to the effect: "If you're packin' we don't wanna know". Or to put it simpler: don't ask don't tell.

12. Uberdillo

Uberdillo Oregon Active Member

It looks to me like someone went a little out of their way to invite you and did nothing more than reiterate their policy as it was pertinent to the conversation. I'm kinda impressed. Concealed is concealed. Enjoy the cruise!

Salps and (deleted member) like this.
  13. Salps

Lived near Ballard area for many years never wanted to " take a cruise" as I had my own boat but unless I'm going to the courthouse or law enforcement office I'm packing. I'm just saying that those rules don't apply if you don't enforce them...

Stomper and (deleted member) like this.
  14. slickx45

slickx45 Seattle - Eastside Active Member

The other issue to be concerned about is if it is considered a 21 and over cruise. I took one MANY years ago and the whole vessel was essentially a floating bar, thus making possession of a firearm unlawful.

Just my .02 cents

Richard

15. Salps

So if other persons are drinking I can't carry? There again sorry but what you don't know might save your *** someday.

16. mancat

mancat Kitsap County Well-Known Member

Perhaps you have not heard of "Reputation Management"

Good with Google? I'm sure you can get a job doing it.

17. Koda

Koda Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter 2016 Volunteer

So lets see... your policy prohibits law abiding and otherwise honest citizens from attending your cruises. Do you know what it takes to get a CHL?

What do you know about your other guests?

18. accessbob

accessbob Molalla, OR 2A Supporter

Well, I think I will be avoiding Argosy at this point as it is clear that they don't want my business. Another one of those idiotic rules they put in because they either think it will keep people safe or it will keep people from suing them. They are wrong on both accounts. I liked the cruise to Tillicum Village and wanted to go again. I won't be going and I will be sure to tell everyone I can not to go there until they change their policy to restrict illegal carry of firearms and allow LEGAL carry where the law allows.

19. accessbob

accessbob Molalla, OR 2A Supporter

Exactly. We pass a background check and the others don't go through one. Idiotic reasoning again. The lunatics are running the asylum. I'll bet this was a drive by post and we'll never hear from them again. But just to see if it helps them read this...

Argosy Cruises Argosy Cruises Argosy Cruises Argosy Cruises Argosy Cruises Argosy Cruises Argosy Cruises Argosy Cruises Argosy Cruises Argosy Cruises Argosy Cruises Argosy Cruises Argosy Cruises Argosy Cruises Argosy Cruises Argosy Cruises Argosy Cruises Argosy Cruises Argosy Cruises Argosy Cruises Argosy Cruises Argosy Cruises Argosy Cruises Argosy Cruises Argosy Cruises Argosy Cruises Argosy Cruises Argosy Cruises Argosy Cruises Argosy Cruises Argosy Cruises Argosy Cruises Argosy Cruises Argosy Cruises Argosy Cruises Argosy Cruises Argosy Cruises GET A CLUE!

Burt Gummer and (deleted member) like this.
  20. BAMCIS

BAMCIS Eugene Well-Known Member

:rofl1: