JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Bought my first aresonal sam7 for $1275 a few years back. Atlantic arms has inventory starting around $1500 up to 2k. Seeing some out there on the used market asking for 2k or more. Pretty ridiculous times we live in. The Aresonals are really well made Aks but if im gonna spend $1500-2k i would change platforms and buy a Daniel Defense knights or wilson combat.

I think a couple of my Fuller rifles started life as Arsenals. Solid platform. I wouldn't exactly look to it as a precision weapon, but accurate and durable AF.

I think a couple of my Fuller rifles started life as Arsenals. Solid platform. I wouldn't exactly look to it as a precision weapon, but accurate and durable AF.
Definitely a durable rifle. Fun as heck to shoot and combat accurate. I can get a 4 inch group at 100 on a good day. I remember when you could pick up a nice AK for $400-$500 ( Mac 90 comes to mind).

Definitely a durable rifle. Fun as heck to shoot and combat accurate. I can get a 4 inch group at 100 on a good day. I remember when you could pick up a nice AK for $400-$500 ( Mac 90 comes to mind).
Heck, I remember when the SKS was $99. I'm sure there are some folks here that remember when they could be gifted one if they sold enough GRIT.

I was in college working at a local Ford dealer when Dean Mellberg shot up Fairchild's hospital. He used a MAK. We had a couple of the damaged vehicles come in that took rounds from him during his spree. One was an Aerostar, so the vehicle was actually improved.

I think you mean Arsenal, and their milled AKs are the best you can get. Their stamped options are contracted out and are of lesser quality. A DD won't gain value over time like a quality Arsenal.
No there stamped guns are very well done also. As much as i like my Sam7 its not anywhere close to a DD as far as quality. DD and others tend to keep there value but we have a flooded market of ARs and a lot less Quality AKs to choose from

Heck, I remember when the SKS was $99. I'm sure there are some folks here that remember when they could be gifted one if they sold enough GRIT.

I was in college working at a local Ford dealer when Dean Mellberg shot up Fairchild's hospital. He used a MAK. We had a couple of the damaged vehicles come in that took rounds from him during his spree. One was an Aerostar, so the vehicle was actually improved.
Lol yeah i have 6 swiss k31s i bought for $99 each very cool rifles.

I have a Fuller Rifle Dynamics rifle that started life as a SAM7. I bought it in its original configuration lightly used a few years back from a member here for 1k.

It's now definitely a one-of-a-kind piece and runs great.

Bought my first aresonal sam7 for $1275 a few years back. Atlantic arms has inventory starting around $1500 up to 2k. Seeing some out there on the used market asking for 2k or more. Pretty ridiculous times we live in. The Aresonals are really well made Aks but if im gonna spend $1500-2k i would change platforms and buy a Daniel Defense knights or wilson combat.
Good luck finding a KAC or Wilson for $1500-2K.

Honestly I like SAM7… SLR107… SAM5… etc etc etc… we can do the whole discussion of this was this price or whatever but the bottom line is that it's changed… for whatever reason people have always thought and felt that AK whatever variant is somehow subpar in build quality or accuracy or whatever they want to believe… the fact is that either you like it or not… and if it was a poorly made or designed then why with all the training, night vision, lights, optics and everything else that our military has been using for the past 20 years in Iraq and Afghanistan were the Iraqis and Afghans able to do as much damage and killing with supposedly inferior weapons that most of the barrels were shot out? I wish the prices were cheaper but as long as people listen to fake news and don't stand up for what they believe in nothing will change and only get worse

Good luck finding a KAC or Wilson for $1500-2K.

IMO, get a cz527 in 7.62x39, good scope, and spend the extra $ on ammo. Aks, are greak, but thats not $2,000 of machining to make one. Yugoslavian ones are great, and alot cheaper. A few have the thicker RPK style reciever as well. Ive regularly got 2" groups at 100 yards with Golden Tiger, but its tough with the sight setup.

Last Edited:
The new ZPAPs are where it's at, my M70 and M85 just came in yesterday, the fit / finish on these are really great.(Just not a fan of how they stained the M85 handguards black on the M85, but the light maple is seriously nice on the M70). Arsenal or not, they're way over priced, and never been a fan of the paint finish they use (or the Saigas for that matter, I've owned them all).

IMO, get a cz527 in 7.62x39, good scope, and spend the extra $ on ammo. Aks, are greak, but thats not $2,000 of machining to make one. Yugoslavian ones are great, and alot cheaper. A few have the thicker RPK style reciever as well. Ive regularly got 2" groups at 100 yards with Golden Tiger, but its tough with the sight setup.

Honestly I like SAM7… SLR107… SAM5… etc etc etc… we can do the whole discussion of this was this price or whatever but the bottom line is that it's changed… for whatever reason people have always thought and felt that AK whatever variant is somehow subpar in build quality or accuracy or whatever they want to believe… the fact is that either you like it or not… and if it was a poorly made or designed then why with all the training, night vision, lights, optics and everything else that our military has been using for the past 20 years in Iraq and Afghanistan were the Iraqis and Afghans able to do as much damage and killing with supposedly inferior weapons that most of the barrels were shot out? I wish the prices were cheaper but as long as people listen to fake news and don't stand up for what they believe in nothing will change and only get worse
Ah…. Iraqis and Afghans did very little killing and what killing they did was with roadside bombs. The USA and the m4 devastated the Iraq and afghan AK armed forces in conventional fighting. This is why they resorted to using IEDs. I know. I was there.

Isis has lost a staggering number of jihadists and has only killed three US troops in return, making the US-to-Isis "kill ratio" 15,000-to-one.

Earlier this year, President Barack Obama declared the group had lost swathes of territory and said its fighters "realise their cause is lost".

To expand on this, if it was such a bad design then why have the Russians stubbornly kept to it and go through modernization of it instead of outright replacing it? Why do Bulgarians stubbornly stick to having their standard issue be a milled AK in 5.56? Why did the Polish stubbornly keep onto it for so long until recently?

There are rails designed for the AK, by companies that either make AKs for their military or commercial companies or who work with SF to determine what should stay and what should go, optics designed specifically for them, etc. Sounds like a lot of work for a "bad gun."

To expand on this, if it was such a bad design then why have the Russians stubbornly kept to it and go through modernization of it instead of outright replacing it? Why do Bulgarians stubbornly stick to having their standard issue be a milled AK in 5.56? Why did the Polish stubbornly keep onto it for so long until recently?

There are rails designed for the AK, by companies that either make AKs for their military or commercial companies or who work with SF to determine what should stay and what should go, optics designed specifically for them, etc. Sounds like a lot of work for a "bad gun."
The AK is reliable and cheap. That is why. However it's really an obsolete platform much like the fal, hk 91 and M14. Fanboys are funny.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top