JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
C'mon guys, they're just trying to do an impossible job, interpret poorly written laws perpetrated by congress, maintain licensing income from manufacturers, and keep a lid on production of non serialized weapons. You can demonize them all you want, but I think you need to keep in mind it's great we can build a weapon for our own personal use without ever having to register anything. Whining because they don't want you to have a gunsmith or machine shop do the work for you is kinda petty in my view. Pigs get fat, hogs get slaughtered, to borrow a saying about the IRS. Whether you think it's fair or constitutional or not is really irrelevant at this point, you make enough stink about it, you'll get new laws to clarify the issue and may lose the right to roll your own. :cool:

Right, we shouldn't complain about ATF making rulings that make no sense, entrapping generally harmless people to blackmail them into becoming informants (Randy Weaver), making administrative law WITHOUT congressional approval and generally behaving like thugs.

Hey, it's not their fault.....Riiiight.

BATF shouldn't even be a federal agency. Most of it's regulatory duties are poorly administered, and its enforcement arm is the most notoriously incompetent and dangerous federal law enforcement agency in existence. But hey, don't complain, they might even become more jack-booted? SRSLY?

What isn't their fault? What fault? They're doing their job, the fact that you don't like it doesn't make it wrong, if you disagree, pursue legal retribution or go underground. Bashing the ATF is like telling a judge in traffic court he's an idiot when he tells you do have to pay the fine for having a burned out headlight. Probably not gonna get you very far. Either get congress to change the laws, or challenge them in court.

We'll have to agree to disagree about them making law, I don't see that in this case. My admonition that it might be better to fly under the radar rather than make a fuss is more about the anti's and the libtards in congress passing more restrictive laws, not the ATF, they're gonna do what they're directed to do by our fearless luddite, er leader.

Be safe.

I'm the letter he wrote he was pointing out how the director forgot to add things, and how certain parts only applied to the weapon not the receiver. Bla bla bla just saying the missteps in the way the atf wrote that could be used to attempt to circumvent the law or something to that effect. Mostly I was trying to be funny.

Have there been any cases of someone doing something obviously illegal with a AR15 that they made themselves from a 80% lower? I'd be curious if that has even happened. I cant find any statistics on it. Just a bunch of rhetoric on how cartels are making untraceable ghost guns

I posted the link above where the guy shot 5 people with a 80% AR

Thanks, I missed that. I wonder what the statistics are though.

making 80% lower building more restrictive seems similar to Ginney going after CHL holders. It seems logical that they vast majority of 80% lower builders, are not going to commit crimes with them just like people who bother to get CHL's have very low crime rates.

It seems logical that they vast majority of 80% lower builders, are not going to commit crimes with them just like people who bother to get CHL's have very low crime rates.

That's where you are wrong. 100%. You are using logic and reason to make a point. Must use fear and irrational phobias to make the point.

Agreed, I certainly dont think its the problem that they imply it is. Very, very few crimes are committed with rifles (something like 3% of gun crime) and then only a tiny, tiny fraction of those could be home built guns. What ever the number is my guess is that there are no statistics because the number is statistically insignificant

Ah but remember it's not about crime. It's about control. Just like rape and slavery. Control and power.

:)
We're all on the same side here.

That's where you are wrong. 100%. You are using logic and reason to make a point. Must use fear and irrational phobias to make the point.

I like to decide if someone is stupid or specifically acting with malice. The ATF decision feels more like just a decision to justify their job. It does not make sense from reduction of crime point of view so has a good component of stupid to it. Not because it goes against my bias, but because it does not make sense. There is probably a good chunk of political pressure to rule with an antigun bias too.

It would help a lot of public officials and legislators had to report their IQ. It would make it so much easier to know how they came to their point of view.

I think with Ginny that stupid drives her decisions. lots of emotion, uses the wrong information to come to the wrong conclusions. Like someone that says being outside without a jacket will cause a cold even though we have overwhelming evidence on how viruses cause colds.

Not someone I would trust to make important decisions. But unfortunately she has some power.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top