JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just a little rant. I have a friend who seems to flake on me quite often. Tonight we had plans to go shooting at the indoor range at TCGC in Sherwood. We have had plans for over a week, and even spoke this morning to make sure we knew what time to meet, etc. He called me just a few minutes ago (1 hour before we were to meet) and says he can't go because he has a dinner to go to with his wife. I really don't like shooting by myself, and prefer to have a buddy go along, but I guess I'm on my own tonight.

He has also backed out on 4-5 camping trips at the last minute, among other things. I try not to get too upset, but it is really starting to annoy me. Why can't I find a good shooting buddy that can actually FOLLOW THRU and show up when he says he will?

When I'm your friend, I try to always show up when I say, and help in any way I can if you ask/need it. I'm the guy who will drive 200 miles to help you fix your car so you can make it home in the middle of the night, or loan you the tools you need to get a job done. I guess maybe my expectations of my friends is just a little too high.

Now taking applications for a new shooting buddy! lol

I think you make a great point! I myself haven't found anyone here in Portland to go shooting with. Heck I'd go with you if you lived closer. I'm all legal, I'd go shooting with LEO's also! I'm not a member of any shooting range btw.

The funniest flake story I have - I made arrangements with a few friends to go scuba diving at one of the local parks for 10:00AM on a Sunday - they didn't show. Their excuse? It was raining! What a couple of dumbasses!

Last Edited:
I used to have lots of flakey friends, the kind that could never keep appointments that they had asked for, or show up for work that they had accepted or offered. I finally realized that they were just "not into me" and felt grateful to achieve that knowledge! I simply stopped calling them and felt a great burden lift from me........................elsullo :D

my so called best friend I have know for 15 years has become a major flake.. he recently broke up with his long time girlfriend (3 years) and he has been pretty desperate to get that feeling back haha...

so he calls me up and says her lets go to the bar so we go out order up our first round and he gets a phone call from some girl he met on craigslist or some BS and he downs his beer and leave to go hang out with her.. WTF ask me if I want to hang out then ditch me for a chick. I understand you need some loving but come on plan it out before you ask me to hang out!! Its not like a one time thing, its an every time thing, so I am to the point I dont want to even do anything with the guy anymore.. He acts like its no big deal but its annoying as ****!!!

-end rant

Yeah that's usually how the "flaky friend" acts. Like its no big deal. Because they are thinking of themselves and to them is OK. Yeah I have had a few like that and it took me a number of years until I figured out that if I wasn't there they really didn't care. So be it. :cool:

Last Edited:
I have many 'friends' but few that I can rely upon to go or even to be on time.

After some time, I am finding that my friends need to be like my guns, car, ect..

If I can't count on it under life and death or real world circumstances...it get's sold, traded, discarded, let go...

And no, I don't have a lot of guns, nor do I have alot of friends...finding some consistancy and reliability in anything these days... seems daunting at times.....

I think it's an age thing....when you're young, friends are tight no commitments and will drop anything for another friend. When you age work, kids and home life takes its toll on extra time for friends. You then get older in life and friend become more prized.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top