JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This is a question thread. Use the up arrow to the right of good answers to upvote. Answers with more votes appear higher on the list.
Reactions
When I "like" a post I now get a message asking if I really want to.
Screenshot_20190408-085013_Chrome.jpg

Is this part of the new version? Can it be disabled?
When I click 'like post' it takes me back to the top of the page instead of back to the post I "liked".

When I "like" a post I now get a message asking if I really want to.

Is this part of the new version? Can it be disabled?
When I click 'like post' it takes me back to the top of the page instead of back to the post I "liked".
It didn't do that for me when liking this post. Maybe your computer, phone or ? is reading your mind and is seeing your unsureness in decision making.......:p

Upvote 0
Mayhaps you have some internet function(s) disabled on your phone, like JavaScript, as an example. Similar happens on my iphone when it's disabled...
Haha. I just liked your post and it was just like it always was. Not sure what the glitch was but it seems to be back to normal now.

Upvote 0
Not sure what the glitch was
speaking of which {WARNING: minor thread drift:eek:}

my android just downloaded a mandatory 'update' 3 days ago. Was left with a couple features I didn't like, a couple more I'd never seen, and something my local Verizon droid 'have never SEEN before':

it was a built in demand that I post an address for the "E911 emergency response team". As a lifelong Luddite a lot of things escape my interest/understanding/willingness to stand in line to do.....While I was able to dig up references TO the "E911 Emergency Address" install process, in nearly 2 hours of conflicting and dead end efforts to do 'something', never achieved it. The down side was, that every time I was trying to make phone call, "WiFi was not available UNTIL E911 update" yadda yadda....

And a few times some other little balloon would attach telling me to 'update/share my something-or-other Profile".....well that went away.

No phone calls in or out for better part of a day. Gradually got it mostly under control, maybe. Still now & again the 'push to answer' phone call doesn't respond properly. Even #s I have in contact list.

Is anybody still out there?????o_Oo_Oo_O

Upvote 0
speaking of which {WARNING: minor thread drift:eek:}

my android just downloaded a mandatory 'update' 3 days ago. Was left with a couple features I didn't like, a couple more I'd never seen, and something my local Verizon droid 'have never SEEN before':

it was a built in demand that I post an address for the "E911 emergency response team". As a lifelong Luddite a lot of things escape my interest/understanding/willingness to stand in line to do.....While I was able to dig up references TO the "E911 Emergency Address" install process, in nearly 2 hours of conflicting and dead end efforts to do 'something', never achieved it. The down side was, that every time I was trying to make phone call, "WiFi was not available UNTIL E911 update" yadda yadda....

And a few times some other little balloon would attach telling me to 'update/share my something-or-other Profile".....well that went away.

No phone calls in or out for better part of a day. Gradually got it mostly under control, maybe. Still now & again the 'push to answer' phone call doesn't respond properly. Even #s I have in contact list.

Is anybody still out there?????o_Oo_Oo_O
Yeah, I had a major Android update last week that screwed with a bunch of my stuff as well. The 'like' issue was just new this morning. Was fine for the week since the update.
I have noticed the pages are slow to load on NWFA today too. All other sites are normal.

Upvote 0
Whatever the issue was, it was temporary. While this was happening the pages were really slow to load. I noticed that I was getting that message if I tried to like a post before the page was loaded. The red bar at the top of the page would would go about 80% over and freeze. If i waited 1-2 minutes, it would load completely and I wouldn't get the "are you sure?" prompt.
This also happened right after my supporting member status expired. I'm wondering if the slow loading might have been my ad blocker working overtime and the "are you sure?" thing was secondary.
Seems to be resolved at this point so I'm just speculating.

Upvote 0

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads