JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
This is kinda fun in a sick way.
1. Enter a city to nuke.
2. Pick your weapon (size of nuke)
3. Down below the map, click on the show us the FALLOUT page.

You may have to reenter the above info. But play around with this. I was pretty amazed at the fallout west of PDX due to the east winds.
http://www.carloslabs.com/node/16

You probably know that a nuclear bomb detonation does not have to be even close to destroy civilization? A high altitude blast of a nuke produces a wave of ionized radiation called an "electro-magnetic pulse" which kills all solid-state electronics. Every transistor or computer chip is killed by the surge of electric particle radiation.

This means no electronic devices or communication systems, no electric power grid, no solid-state ignition or fuel-injected vehicles, no electronic ignition furnaces, no digital controls, no computer anything. It's the end of the world as we know it.

This is why dysfunctional nations like North Korea, Iran, and Pakistan are such a menace to the world. The Muslim fanatics would be very happy to get a nuke and attain martyrdom setting it off in an airliner or missile near the USA. Fallout from a ground blast is actually less likely to happen. Yet most of us would die anyway......................elsullo

Entertaining site! I'm not sure what the odds are of someone nuking Roseburg, but it's nice to know that at my location I wouldn't die, just might have some strange looking grandkids. The tsar bomba thing might leave a mark though.

And the asteroid...that would suck.

Fun site.
If we were "attacked" with a Nuclear "BOMB"..... that would most likely mean we launched a few of our own and then NOBODIES would be completely safe no matter where we lived! when you take into account global winds and currents.

Remember when St. Helens blew, ash was falling in Europe and Asia, imagine the dust clouds (filled with radiation) these might bring.

Even a very remote piece of property (I'm aware of) deep in the Utah mountains woul be (partially) contaminated.

I put in Portland.... SUCKAS!!! I'm well within a safe distance. Would be a helluva show from here though.

If we escalate to nuclear weapons the best place to be is right under one. JMO

If you're close, be right under it in the open. You'll never know anything happened.
Otherwise, be a LONG ways away or inside a bunker.
Nukes are bad, but they aren't the end of the world - Hiroshima and Nagasaki are still there, disturbing numbers of devices were used in above-ground testing by many nuclear-armed nations(we even vaporized half an island in the pacific, stupid lithium), and of course a variety of nuclear weapon and power station accidents ranging from lost and destroyed bombs that were never recovered, partial or complete meltdowns(Chernobyl being the best known, plenty of smaller reactors have had major issues but were largely contained and didn't cause widespread contamination like TMI, SL-1), and of course hazmat leaks and poor safety practices(chemical and nuclear contamination at various national labs, depots, and production plants like Santa Susana near Simi Valley, our local garbage from Hanford, the Georgia Nuclear Aircraft Lab 60 miles north of Atlanta where they ran exposed nuclear reactors in the open air in the 60's and it goes on and on)

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top