JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm one of those people who lives a frugal lifestyle, and I love to help others do the same. One of the biggest no-brainers is for the people who still rent their cable modems, especially from Comcast. Many people still assume that you have to rent, and Comcast certainly won't correct that assumption! I just saw this deal and I wanted to pass it along to those of you who are still paying $8 per month.

Newegg (a very trusted online retailer) has a very good deal (ends today, 9/3) on a new cable modem for $30 shipped, after you enter the promotional code. Don't forget to enter the $20 off code at checkout, it's listed under the title on their website. After four months it'll have paid for itself, and you'll have an extra $8 to buy ammo :D

Edited to add: There are a couple people this modem won't work for.

• Those on a plan higher than 50Mbps.
  • Those with Comcast phone service (you need the modem they provide).
  • Those with a Comcast modem/router combination (you need to buy a replacement router, too)
If you're not sure, feel free to ask here. I'm sure myself or one of the other tech guys here will answer ;)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...5188005&cm_re=BRG35503-_-25-188-005-_-Product

Cheers!

Last Edited:
I haven't had cable for several years, just Netflix and Amazon Prime (which includes Instant Streaming). I definitely recommend those with a $50 Roku over a cable or satellite subscription. It gets rough around this time of year (football season), but I get most of the games with my $10 HD antenna.

I absolutely HATE paying for cable/sat TV, there's nothing but CRAP to watch. I too, have jumped off the hamster wheel and only have broadband internet w/netflix. I don't follow sports in any way, shape, or form, so no loss to me on that front.

Same here. I cut the cable a couple of years ago. Yes, I miss Sponge Bob but even my kids didn't watch much TV. Just have Internet now. I iwsh there was a better option than Comcast where I am.

My wife and I bought our own modem a year ago so that we could avoid the monthly $8 fee. Turned in my rented modem at the local comcast office where they informed me that I would see the decrease on my next bill. A few weeks later the bill came and the $8 rental fee was gone and replaced with a new fee for "local service fee increase" for you guessed it, $8.... I HATE concast

My wife and I bought our own modem a year ago so that we could avoid the monthly $8 fee. Turned in my rented modem at the local comcast office where they informed me that I would see the decrease on my next bill. A few weeks later the bill came and the $8 rental fee was gone and replaced with a new fee for "local service fee increase" for you guessed it, $8.... I HATE concast

Well, that modem rental fee just went up from $10.00 to $11.00. And the two little boxes on the other non-HD TVs also went up a buck. I am now looking to buy my own modem with telephone.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top