Are you paying Comcast $8/mo. for your cable modem? Stop!

I'm one of those people who lives a frugal lifestyle, and I love to help others do the same. One of the biggest no-brainers is for the people who still rent their cable modems, especially from Comcast. Many people still assume that you have to rent, and Comcast certainly won't correct that assumption! I just saw this deal and I wanted to pass it along to those of you who are still paying $8 per month.

Newegg (a very trusted online retailer) has a very good deal (ends today, 9/3) on a new cable modem for $30 shipped, after you enter the promotional code. Don't forget to enter the $20 off code at checkout, it's listed under the title on their website. After four months it'll have paid for itself, and you'll have an extra $8 to buy ammo :D

Edited to add: There are a couple people this modem won't work for.

• Those on a plan higher than 50Mbps.
  • Those with Comcast phone service (you need the modem they provide).
  • Those with a Comcast modem/router combination (you need to buy a replacement router, too)
If you're not sure, feel free to ask here. I'm sure myself or one of the other tech guys here will answer ;)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...5188005&cm_re=BRG35503-_-25-188-005-_-Product

Cheers!

Last edited:
I haven't had cable for several years, just Netflix and Amazon Prime (which includes Instant Streaming). I definitely recommend those with a $50 Roku over a cable or satellite subscription. It gets rough around this time of year (football season), but I get most of the games with my $10 HD antenna.

Same here. I cut the cable a couple of years ago. Yes, I miss Sponge Bob but even my kids didn't watch much TV. Just have Internet now. I iwsh there was a better option than Comcast where I am.

Reactions
My wife and I bought our own modem a year ago so that we could avoid the monthly $8 fee. Turned in my rented modem at the local comcast office where they informed me that I would see the decrease on my next bill. A few weeks later the bill came and the $8 rental fee was gone and replaced with a new fee for “local service fee increase” for you guessed it, $8.... I HATE concast

Mikej

Reactions
My wife and I bought our own modem a year ago so that we could avoid the monthly $8 fee. Turned in my rented modem at the local comcast office where they informed me that I would see the decrease on my next bill. A few weeks later the bill came and the $8 rental fee was gone and replaced with a new fee for “local service fee increase” for you guessed it, $8.... I HATE concast
Well, that modem rental fee just went up from $10.00 to $11.00. And the two little boxes on the other non-HD TVs also went up a buck. I am now looking to buy my own modem with telephone.

UPCOMING EVENTS

Arms Collectors of SW Washington Gun Show
Battleground Community Center
912 E Main St, Battle Ground, WA 98604, USA
Rimfire Challenge Dec 12th @ DRRC
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club
27787 OR-224, Eagle Creek, OR 97022, USA
Albany Rifle & Pistol Club (ARPC) Gun Show
Linn County Expo Center
3700 Knox Butte Rd E, Albany, OR 97322, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• Gator's Custom Guns
    5.00 star(s)
    Best true Gun shop ive been in for some time
    Cool stuff in stock rather than the top 10 at corporate box stores They moved to a larger place I have to go back and spend more money. I like to...
  • Adaptive Firing Solutions
    5.00 star(s)
    Adaptive Firing Solutions. A+
    5 stars does not do Adaptive Firing Solutions justice. I have done business with him multiple times and wish I could give at least 12 stars...
  • Limitless America
    5.00 star(s)
    Awesome shop
    Love this shop. Purchased a few items from them. Always have a lot of parts in stock without much markup. Purchased two cans this summer from them...
  • Gator's Custom Guns
    5.00 star(s)
    Great, old school gun shop
    The store is a treasure trove I have found magazines for H&K, Ruger and M1A's and at great prices. The staff is knowledgeable and friendly and...
    • GWS
  • HighLine Firearms
    4.00 star(s)
    great place
    nice guy, local
Top Bottom