JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Are you interested in a Northwest Firearms AR15 lower?

• Yes, and I think you should charge $151-$200

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • Yes, and I think you should charge $126-$150

Votes: 7 7.0%
  • Yes, and I think you should charge $100-$125

Votes: 53 53.0%
  • Yes, but I think $100 is too much

Votes: 26 26.0%
  • No - I'll tell you why in my comment

Votes: 11 11.0%

• Total voters
@Joe Link In light of the latest EO making potentially all home-building ITAR-bait from Obuttmuncher, how will that effect this GB and our build plans?

I don't think it'll have any affect on the stripped lower purchase discussed in this thread (someone correct me if I'm wrong).

As for a potential 80% deal, I'm probably the least qualified to answer. I'm reading as much as I can on it, but it'll take someone with more knowledge than myself to answer that question.

I'd be intereated if the logo was more unique. Maybe hit Fiverr to have a cool logo made for $5-$10?

Fiverr has a high probability of getting you slapped with a copyright infringement lawsuit. Unique logos take time to design and good luck finding someone who will spend much time on anything for $5-10. Some kid drawing something with a sharpie and dropping it into photoshop won't get you a professional vector logo that can be used across mediums either... I wrote this a while ago but it gives a good primer on why places like Fiverr are a bad idea Why design shoud never be cheep (http://burningsquare.com/why-design-should-never-be-cheap)

I have talked to Joe in the past about redesigning the logo. Years ago he had asked me to clean up the logo a little and recreate it in vector format. I talked to him at that time about the possibility of a redesign, from our conversation, there is quite a bit of community attachment to the logo and brand equity in it.

Last Edited:
Fiverr has a high probability of getting you slapped with a copyright infringement lawsuit. Unique logos take time to design and good luck finding someone who will spend much time on anything for $5-10. Some kid drawing something with a sharpie and dropping it into photoshop won't get you a professional vector logo that can be used across mediums either... I wrote this a while ago but it gives a good primer on why places like Fiverr are a bad idea Why design shoud never be cheep (http://burningsquare.com/why-design-should-never-be-cheap)

I have talked to Joe in the past about redesigning the logo. Years ago he had asked me to clean up the logo a little and recreate it in vector format. I talked to him at that time about the possibility of a redesign, from our conversation, there is quite a bit of community attachment to the logo and brand equity in it.

Very much like Tattoos, you get what you pay for unfortunately.

I'm in for a handful.
This kind of handful?

f-gunresearch-a-20151014.jpg

I've built dissipator rifles, but WTF is a "faux" dissipator?
It has the look but not rifle length gas system. Usually have to specify because some people will start going off about dissipators and the issues a rifle length gas system has on a 16 barrel. I avoid the whole thing by calling it a faux or mock dissipator not the true dissipator, since I guess there is a difference to some folks.

It has the look but not rifle length gas system. Usually have to specify because some people will start going off about dissipators and the issues a rifle length gas system has on a 16 barrel. I avoid the whole thing by calling it a faux or mock dissipator not the true dissipator, since I guess there is a difference to some folks.
A dissipator never has a rifle length gas system... They can't. I've built many, so you don't have to explain the base concept to me. They have a carbine length gas tube and low pro gas block hidden underneath the hand guards, and a FSB out front. Anyone who "goes off" about a dissipator doesn't know their bubblegum hole from a hole in the ground.

Last Edited:
A dissipator never has a rifle length gas system... They can't. I've built many, so you don't have to explain the base concept to me. They have a carbine length low pro hidden underneath the hand guards, and a FSB out front. Anyone who "goes off" about a dissipator doesn't know their bubblegum hole from a hole in the ground.

Well I didn't know about that so I appreciate the clarification.

AR noob still it seems.

Well I didn't know about that so I appreciate the clarification.

AR noob still it seems.

I got tired of the "experts" at the range when I built my first one in 2005 saying "Oh, that gun won't cycle." As soon as I took it out of the case. A mag dump later they shut their trap. I've been playing this game longer.

A dissipator never has a rifle length gas system... They can't. I've built many, so you don't have to explain the base concept to me. They have a carbine length gas tube and low pro gas block hidden underneath the hand guards, and a FSB out front. Anyone who "goes off" about a dissipator doesn't know their bubblegum hole from a hole in the ground.
Like this I believe

3.JPG

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top