JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Are you interested in a Northwest Firearms AR15 lower?

• Yes, and I think you should charge $151-$200

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • Yes, and I think you should charge $126-$150

Votes: 7 7.0%
  • Yes, and I think you should charge $100-$125

Votes: 53 53.0%
  • Yes, but I think $100 is too much

Votes: 26 26.0%
  • No - I'll tell you why in my comment

Votes: 11 11.0%

• Total voters
@notazombie That's why the other thread for discussing an 80% group-buy is still up. :)

Gents, please direct 80% discussion into this thread: Inspired by CA Gunpocalypse: 80% Group Buy? (RESEARCH ONLY) (https://www.northwestfirearms.com/threads/inspired-by-ca-gunpocalypse-80-group-buy-research-only.224025/)

We need to work out matters like preferred materials, preferred suppliers and "blacklisted" manufacturers for both EPLs and jigs before I can start contacting people to see if we can get a bulk-buy deal. (Joe's hitting the gas here, I usually take months or years of research and planning before entering action phases--heck, I'm still in R&P on a Pontiac Firebird build I started crunching data on fifteen years ago!)

My gut would be in the $50-75 range, but not knowing the costs involved, or if there might be any extras like throwing in a membership upgrade ;) I'm still willing to see what shakes out.

@NWCustomFirearms would you be open to holding mine, assuming I'm able to join the fun, for an appropriate fee until I can get down there to pick it up? (Probably be on a Saturday, exactly when depends on the next time the Old Windbags decide they wanna go on a shopping junket.)
Sure, shoot me a message when ready and we can work out the details.

Logo's? Come on, keep the cost low. Next thing you know the lowers will be approaching $200+ and poor Joe Link will be sitting on a pile of them for years to come (not that there's anything wrong with that...) If I need a logo I'll get my kids to do up something wicked cool with the Sharpies. (BTW...my kids are wicked good with the Sharpies). But seriously, there's plenty of talent on this forum (and this thread) to get any and all the customizing done to suit anyone's needs. I vote to keep it cost effective. It's a nice gesture for Joe Link to put this out there. Let's not throw out the baby with the bath water.

Also, just did a little more research, and found that for those willing to consider polymer-hybrids Tennessee Arms offers 10-packs for $365--unit cost closer to $37 each.

Just another option to consider for a future batch, if interest warrants--I'm just the Research Wonk. :)

My problem as an Oregon resident is that these would need to be shipped to my FFL (add $5-$10 as noted above) then I have to pay for the transfer/BGC on top of that. So a $100 lower quickly becomes a $130-$140 just because of the extra involved. So I'm on the fence about this at the moment.

It's too bad that WA law doesn't allow a lower to have the option to be transferred as a 'rifle', rather than 'other' so OR residents could just buy them direct from @NWCustomFirearms and save the extra money.

Either that, or if an FFL/Vendor on the OR side was willing to get some from NW Custom after they're done and sell them without the added transfer fee. We still can't avoid the $10 BGC, so either way, it will cost OR residents more.

My problem as an Oregon resident is that these would need to be shipped to my FFL (add $5-$10 as noted above) then I have to pay for the transfer/BGC on top of that. So a $100 lower quickly becomes a $130-$140 just because of the extra involved. So I'm on the fence about this at the moment.

It's too bad that WA law doesn't allow a lower to have the option to be transferred as a 'rifle', rather than 'other' so OR residents could just buy them direct from @NWCustomFirearms and save the extra money.

Either that, or if an FFL/Vendor on the OR side was willing to get some from NW Custom after they're done and sell them without the added transfer fee. We still can't avoid the $10 BGC, so either way, it will cost OR residents more.
We're working on something to hopefully avoid added shipping costs.

I'm not looking for a lower at the moment but I hope you don't keep your margin so small that if something happens you end up on the short end of the stick. I'd rather pay a little more than lose a valued resource.

elsie

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top