JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Are you interested in a Northwest Firearms AR15 lower?

• Yes, and I think you should charge $151-$200

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • Yes, and I think you should charge $126-$150

Votes: 7 7.0%
  • Yes, and I think you should charge $100-$125

Votes: 53 53.0%
  • Yes, but I think $100 is too much

Votes: 26 26.0%
  • No - I'll tell you why in my comment

Votes: 11 11.0%

• Total voters
UPDATE: These are now available!

After many years of attempting to put this together it's looking like this may finally happen! If everything goes according to plan we should soon have our first batch of AR15 stripped lowers engraved with the Northwest Firearms logo (seen in the top left corner of the site).

We put together this poll to see if we could get a rough estimate on how many of you are interested in one of these, as well as what you're willing to pay.

These will be engraved and sold by one of our local Supporting Vendors, NW Custom Firearms. Personally, I've never liked dealing with group buys, pre-orders, multi-party transactions, etc, so I'm financing this upfront on my personal CC's to make life easy for everyone. These will be in-stock and on-hand at their shop, so the buying experience will be the same as any other firearm transaction.

Their shop is located in Vancouver, WA, where local pickup and transfer is available to WA residents. Residents of other states and those who don't live nearby may have their lower shipped to their preferred FFL for the actual cost of shipping ($5-$10). Tax is (unfortunately) additional, though it will be waived for Oregon buyers.

I wish there was more room in these, but to be honest I was lucky to even find them in stock. If we set the price at $100 we'll make about $9/each, but it'll be worth it to finally have these in hand (after years of talk!). Whichever sale price we set will cover the cost of purchasing the lower receivers, the cost of having them engraved locally, 3% to cover CC fees (cash is preferred), and a small fee for Jon's trouble (he's doing this at very close to cost). The remainder will be used in the same way we use our member donations, to pay for day to day operations such as running the site, organizing clean-ups, etc.

We will initially limit purchases to 1 per member due to the limited number I'm able to finance at one time, and also because we want to retain a handful of these for our giveaways.

We will be using standard stripped lowers from Anderson Manufacturing for price and availability. These things are getting scarce again!

Stripped, Semi-Auto, Lower Receiver delivers Custom Shop quality without the typical Custom Shop price. Perfect Platform for building the Ultimate, Mission-Specific, AR-15 Rifle or Carbine. Made from a high-strength, 7075 T6 aluminum forging for reliable performance and outstanding durability. Mil-Spec, Hard Anodized finish adds extra strength to the receiver walls and delivers superior abrasion-resistance for rugged field use. Precision-machined to ensure drop-in installation of Mil-Spec, aftermarket components

Here's a (poor) example of what it should look like. The logo won't be two tone like in this photo, my Photoshop skills just aren't very good.

nwfa_ar15_lower_example.jpg

Thanks go to @Diamondback for getting the ball rolling by starting this thread on the topic.

If you guys have any other questions or comments please don't hesitate to ask!

Cheers,
Joe Link

Last Edited:
Interested, but unsure about charge suggestions. Only other refinement I could suggest would be an option to, at extra cost, add the member's username for a bit of personalization. Maybe have the logo done such that those so inclined could enamel it or something. :)

That and, to ask about the possibility of a "Hold For Pickup" with partial or full prepayment and maybe a nominal "storage fee." Occasionally the rels run down to PDX on shopping junkets... the rub is I don't know when they'll be in the mood again.

I hear ya, @Joe13 ... if I were more liquid and we didn't have AFL, ITAR and 594 bull**** to fight with I might be considering a His & Hers set, assuming my gal starts spending time around here (both site and geography).

Funny thing, it's easier for a foreign national to buy a frickin' *complete rifle* than just a simple Magpul *sling attachment*.

You'd have the arfcom fanboys crying foul threatening to sue once their parents got home.
You mean the BARFcom B*tchy Little Girls? Only redeeming feature I've seen on that site is their Gunstruction app, which is rather limited on available parts... and conveniently fails to mention that a Thordsen BD-180 blast deflector requires a flash-suppressor mounted inside it, which the app won't let you install.

I'm down in the 100-150 range. I imagine some goes to support the forum?

Also is it laser etched or cnc'd in. I'd prefer it to be cnc'd vs laser etched. Means more that way.

I love the idea of having a screen name imputed. Be way cool to incorporate that into a custom serial #.

Cool idea.

Also if you go for andersons. Go for the ones with the trigger guard.

That's all I got. Let me know if it pans out!

I'd be interested in one.

I know you're trying to keep the cost down on these, but have you considered using Aero Precision instead of Anderson for the lowers? I know I'd be willing to pay the extra $30-$40 to get an Aero lower, seeing as how they're a northwest company and in my opinion have better quality than Anderson.

I'm down in the 100-150 range. I imagine some goes to support the forum?

Also is it laser etched or cnc'd in. I'd prefer it to be cnc'd vs laser etched. Means more that way.

I love the idea of having a screen name imputed. Be way cool to incorporate that into a custom serial #.

Cool idea.

Also if you go for andersons. Go for the ones with the trigger guard.

That's all I got. Let me know if it pans out!

Everything over our cost goes to support NWFA, same as if you were to make a donation :)

The lowers have already been ordered. I went with the standard ones vs the trigger guard version thinking people might have a preference there.

These are laser etched. I prefer CNC'd as well, but with our budget and the low quantity there's no way we could have made it work.

How about a bolt face logo?

Ah memories :s0113:

I'd be interested in one.

I know you're trying to keep the cost down on these, but have you considered using Aero Precision instead of Anderson for the lowers? I know I'd be willing to pay the extra $30-$40 to get an Aero lower, seeing as how they're a northwest company and in my opinion have better quality than Anderson.

I'd have preferred something a bit higher end myself but didn't have the cash to make it happen :s0124:

Everything over our cost goes to support NWFA, same as if you were to make a donation :)

The lowers have already been ordered. I went with the standard ones vs the trigger guard version thinking people might have a preference there.

These are laser etched. I prefer CNC'd as well, but with our budget and the low quantity there's no way we could have made it work.

Ah memories :s0113:

What's the due date then so we can be prepared for the expense?

After many years of attempting to put this together it's looking like this may finally happen! If everything goes according to plan we should soon have our first batch of AR15 stripped lowers engraved with the Northwest Firearms logo (seen in the top left corner of the site).

We put together this poll to see if we could get a rough estimate on how many of you are interested in one of these, as well as what you're willing to pay.

These will be engraved and sold by one of our local Supporting Vendors, NW Custom Firearms. Personally, I've never liked dealing with group buys, pre-orders, multi-party transactions, etc, so I'm financing this upfront on my personal CC's to make life easy for everyone. These will be in-stock and on-hand at their shop, so the buying experience will be the same as any other firearm transaction.

Their shop is located in Vancouver, WA, where local pickup and transfer is available to WA residents. Residents of other states and those who don't live nearby may have their lower shipped to their preferred FFL for the actual cost of shipping ($5-$10). Tax is (unfortunately) additional, though it will be waived for Oregon buyers.

I wish there was more room in these, but to be honest I was lucky to even find them in stock. If we set the price at $100 we'll make about $9/each, but it'll be worth it to finally have these in hand (after years of talk!). Whichever sale price we set will cover the cost of purchasing the lower receivers, the cost of having them engraved locally, 3% to cover CC fees (cash is preferred), and a small fee for Jon's trouble (he's doing this at very close to cost). The remainder will be used in the same way we use our member donations, to pay for day to day operations such as running the site, organizing clean-ups, etc.

We will initially limit purchases to 1 per member due to the limited number I'm able to finance at one time, and also because we want to retain a handful of these for our giveaways.

We will be using standard stripped lowers from Anderson Manufacturing for price and availability. These things are getting scarce again!

Here's a (poor) example of what it should look like. The logo won't be two tone like in this photo, my Photoshop skills just aren't very good.

View attachment 304460

Thanks go to @Diamondback for getting the ball rolling by starting this thread on the topic.

If you guys have any other questions or comments please don't hesitate to ask!

Cheers,
Joe Link
I'm in.
I appreciate that you are trying to keep the price low for the group. However, be equitable to yourself. You are the one fronting this on your CC's.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top