JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Took it home last Friday. HK P30 9mm. I have shot about 850 rds thru it in the last couple of days and to me it was worth the wait and price. I wish I had bought it last year instead of a Glock 34. Next on the list?

AR-15 build
Caesar Guerini - Tempio Light 28ga

Villager,

Why create an entirely new platform when there are already .357 lever action guns on the market that perform admirably.
Marlin has been making their 1894 for some time, with great success.

The lever-action design certainly has a prominent place in history and the old west. I love that famous photo of Emiliano Zapata with his 30-30. "La Trenta". But I yearn for something more modern: A simple, striped down, sport utility, survival weapon for all the people with a few .357/.38 special revolvers kicking around. I wouldn't implore upon gun manufacturers to produce something that would be a failed product. I feel that the .357/.38 is such a celebrated and common round that if my product idea were well done, it would sell.
Villager,

First off, thank you for your reply and thank you for being an adult about this.
Second, I want to apologize for that entire post that you responded to.
At the time I wrote that, I failed to recognize the core meaning of the thread, which is what are YOU holding out for?
YOU (Vilager) are obviously holding out for the .357 pump.
It was wrong of me to question that, since you were only answering the question that was posted.
A .357 pump is as much a viable firearm as any other.
I will try to use the (scant) brains God gave me, when interpreting a post, more, in the future.
Again, sorry about that.

Dean

LWRC M6A1-SL

YouTube - SHOT Show 2011 LWRC M6A1 SL

Should be available sometime in March I think. It's the new "economy" model of the ever popular LWRC piston AR. If you haven't heard about how AWESOME LWRC stuff is, you live under a rock. I have a M6A2 6.8mm SPC and I have to say that LWRC makes the most reliable high quality AR-15 platform rifle on the market.

Too many extra expensives this month. Been looking at a Taurus 709 Slim. Been to the gun shop 3 times and walk away knowing I should hold out until next payday.
I go home and appreciate the guns I have for awhile. Never owned this many guns and I know how lucky I am, but I need just one more! I have a lot of reloaded 9mm that is just waiting to be fired through a new gun!

To be honest.....I have been holding out for a gun that isn't on the market, or I didn't know existed. I have basically been waiting for an ultra compact 9mm for a decent price. I thought the new ruger lc9.... then I found it had a manual safety and magazine disconnect. So I waited again. THEN I found out yesterday that Kahr is rolling out a new handgun. SWEET! Its basically a pm9, but with less machining and conventional rifling. Termed the cm9. Looks like this will be the one. We will see.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

I just have to say thanks for bringing this up. I had not seen this yet, but am now stoked! I like the PM9, but they're just a bit pricey. Was about to go the CW9 route, somewhat begrudgingly, but now I don't have to!

Honestly? A Chiappa Rhino. Once new grip options appear and people have put them in use for a few hundred/thousand rounds. I like the ergo, looks, and potential...but I don't want to be an early adopter(aka; beta tester).

To be honest.....I have been holding out for a gun that isn't on the market, or I didn't know existed. I have basically been waiting for an ultra compact 9mm for a decent price. I thought the new ruger lc9.... then I found it had a manual safety and magazine disconnect. So I waited again. THEN I found out yesterday that Kahr is rolling out a new handgun. SWEET! Its basically a pm9, but with less machining and conventional rifling. Termed the cm9. Looks like this will be the one. We will see.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
JC,

Just wondering if you ever considered the Kel-Tec P-11?
Been around since the mid 90's and seems to fit the criteria that you outlined in your post.
Just did a quickee check and it seems they retail around $220-$240.
That doesn't sound bad to me.
Here's a couple of reviews, in case you're curious. - <broken link removed>
...also, have you tried out the Kahr cm9 you wrote about yet?

Dean

I'm on a quest to build the world's most expensive 10/22 clone. The stock is gonna be a hand carved old school finger grove in black walnut, the rest a KIDD supergrade combo sporting a yet to be determined suppressor. Been saving-up, almost there...

(Hey, we all do nutty things in our old age. Don't believe me? just wait.)

JC,

Just wondering if you ever considered the Kel-Tec P-11?
Been around since the mid 90's and seems to fit the criteria that you outlined in your post.
Just did a quickee check and it seems they retail around $220-$240.
That doesn't sound bad to me.
Here's a couple of reviews, in case you're curious. - <broken link removed>
...also, have you tried out the Kahr cm9 you wrote about yet?

Dean

I doubt he's tried one out yet, since they are not readily available yet, hence the "holding out" part of his statement.

For ME, on paper the Kel-Tecs seem great, but I've never fired one that was comfortable if not downright PAINFUL. Most of the discomfort comes from square edges and trigger slap, which would be bearable if just shooting a few rounds at a time, but I don't feel that gives one adequate familiarization with the weapon.

I wonder how old the review you posted IS, since they state the P-11 is the smallest lightest 9mm available and the Kahr PM9 is smaller and lighter and the (metal framed) MK9 is smaller.

I saw on another board that Kimber is going to offer the .280 Ackley Improved chambering in their 84L rifles, both Montana and wood stock/blue steel versions. Might have to look into one of those.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top