JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
When you factor in shipping just how much do you save buying a G26 from Davidson's? Is it worth the wait? I would just go buy it locally.

I could not get a quote on Glocks through Davidson's because they were sold out (can only get quotes on in-stock guns). I did find one locally (only found one in stock in my area).

I have bought through Davidson's (Gallery of Guns) before. Davidson's is a distributor. so how it works is that each local dealer who buys from Davidson's shows the price when you do a quote search on Davidson's site. So you do end up buying from your local dealer of choice. On one of my Davidson's purchases, via The Gun Broker in Tigard, they told me if they would have gone through a different distributor the gun would have cost about $10 less. For me the hassle of calling around to check prices and availability isn't worth the $10 bucks when I can so easily compare local dealer prices online. Plus, Davidson's puts a "lifetime warranty" on the guns they sell. Very few people ever need it of course, but it is a nice perk. It takes a day or two to receive the gun once it is ordered online. I do like Davidson's system and service a lot.

Shiloh Sharps, probably the business model or military. They are simply beautiful guns and great quality. My primary reason is to have my own heirloom. I have my grandparents Win 94's and such, all family bought, owned, used. But I want a firearm I can put my own stamp on to hand down along with those guns. Hopefully that gun will be a Sharps with some family name engraving to go with it.

Just got a gun I had been wanting for a long time. Picked up a stainless CZ 75 the other day and have been really pleased with it.

The other gun I was excited about was the Savage LRP in 243 or 260, until I saw that it would be the only target type action they make in a blued steel configuration ( would strongly prefer SS). I was a little disappointed. Makes you wonder sometimes why manufacturers make some of the decisions they make.

I recently sent the following letter to Kel Tec, Taurus, Ruger and Remington:

There are countless people who are fully committed to the .38 Special/.357 Magnum handgun platform. I’m convinced that lots of those shooters would like to purchase the following:
A .357 Magnum Pump-Action Carbine
This could be a wonderful “sport utility/survival weapon”.
A tubular magazine could hold eight-plus rounds and could always be “topped off” during breaks in the action. The tubular magazine could clamp to the barrel in such a way as to reinforce the barrel - thus allowing it to be thinner and lighter without sacrificing accuracy.
A folding stock could be designed so as to fold very compactly to the side - still allowing feeding rounds and ejecting spent brass and also allowing a scope mount. Or else, the stock could fold over the top in such a way that the iron sights are still usable while the stock is folded. In either case, a folding stock should collapse and fold very tightly against the weapon so as to make it fully usable when the stock is still folded.
As a .357 round is considerably smaller in diameter than even a .410 shotgun round, the whole thing could be quite compact and elegant in design.
A .357 round would whiz out of a 16 inch barrel so as to kick up the caliber’s range and stopping power considerably. Having the weapon be a pump-action would further increase power by not wasting it on cycling in the next round - like in a semi-auto design. (though I’d be open to that too).
I’m convinced that this is a great idea and that if well executed, a gun manufacturer could sell lots of them. Please consider it.
Villager,

Why create an entirely new platform when there are already .357 lever action guns on the market that perform admirably.
Marlin has been making their 1894 for some time, with great success.
Rossi used to make a carbine called a "Puma" that was a copy of an 1892 Winchester (Browning once marketed a '92 copy, as well).
The guns are handy and well made.
AFAIK, all will also chamber the .38 Special round, and are also available in .44 Mag/Special and .45LC.
That being stated, I do remember a .357 pump that was marketed several years ago.
Like the lever action guns of today, it was light, compact and worked very nicely.
Sadly, it was only made for a few years. I do not recall the maker or even the model name.
BTW, it seems that an 18.5" barrel will increase MV by 50%.
So, when fired in a carbine, this gives the standard .357 round a MV of around 1850 fps with 1200+ ft.lbs. of ME.

Dean

Full auto registered receiver Uzi, preferably IMI. Have cash in hand just waiting for the deal to come along. :)

And deal is done. Well, gun found and paid for, waiting on ATF for the tax stamps. Coming from a private seller out of state so it'll take two transfers. Maybe August or September if I'm lucky.

Not holding out anymore. Recently pulled the trigger on a Browning Hi-Power Practical.
Made in 92' and the mag disco was removed (I did not find that out till after I got the gun).
That was good news, because I was going to just yank it out anyway.

Villager,

Why create an entirely new platform when there are already .357 lever action guns on the market that perform admirably.
Marlin has been making their 1894 for some time, with great success.

The lever-action design certainly has a prominent place in history and the old west. I love that famous photo of Emiliano Zapata with his 30-30. "La Trenta". But I yearn for something more modern: A simple, striped down, sport utility, survival weapon for all the people with a few .357/.38 special revolvers kicking around. I wouldn't implore upon gun manufacturers to produce something that would be a failed product. I feel that the .357/.38 is such a celebrated and common round that if my product idea were well done, it would sell.

Hk usp pro match in .45 for my wife. I told her i would get one for her after she shot a friends, and before i knew they were going anywhere from 2k to 3k apiece. lol
So now i am saving and hoping my savings are timed at the same time as one comes up for sale. i have only found 3 or 4 for sale each year for the last 3 years, so its not gonna be easy to find one.

Used to have a Colt Woodsman......selling it was the dumbest thing I ever did...but times were tough and the daughter needed a prom dress...looking.

Nah, that wasn't the dumbest thing you ever did. Your daughter will remember that prom forever. You shouldn't regret what you did for her. And, unless that Woodsman was a family heirloom you can replace it easy enough. Won't be cheap, but they are out there.

Nah, that wasn't the dumbest thing you ever did. Your daughter will remember that prom forever. You shouldn't regret what you did for her. And, unless that Woodsman was a family heirloom you can replace it easy enough. Won't be cheap, but they are out there.

Yeah..poor choice of words perhaps.......maybe I can drop HER a hint for Christmas.... :)

To be honest.....I have been holding out for a gun that isn't on the market, or I didn't know existed. I have basically been waiting for an ultra compact 9mm for a decent price. I thought the new ruger lc9.... then I found it had a manual safety and magazine disconnect. So I waited again. THEN I found out yesterday that Kahr is rolling out a new handgun. SWEET! Its basically a pm9, but with less machining and conventional rifling. Termed the cm9. Looks like this will be the one. We will see.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top