JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Next month we will be getting two shotguns. One for me and one for the boy.

Browning BPS Hunter (12 Guage)
Remington 870 Express Youth (20 Guage)

We'll be doing some skeet/trap shooting.

apparently im just holding out for the next one i see. have a short list of a few i want; but i keep buying other stuff.

Saiga 12, CZ-75 Compact (early all-steel), Colt 1911, and an AR-15 like everyone else and their brother...

I'm not too demanding, right now my list includes:

1. M&P9 (replace XD9SC)
2. Kahr PM9 (also replace XD9SC - want to split "home defense" and "carry")
3. Ruger Mark III
4. AR lower (something to tinker with down the road)
5. "Wilderness" revolver of some sort, probably .357, for when hunting/hiking

Are you waiting to purchase a particular firearm? This could mean waiting for an upcoming gum to be abailable or it could mean you are saving until you can afford a specific gun that is already on the market.

It seems this thread went from firearms that aren't available yet, hard to find, special, or hard to afford to just a list of average guns people plan to buy.:s0126:

I don't think we are off topic at all. It's a great big WTB thread :)

Are you waiting to purchase a particular firearm? This could mean waiting for an upcoming gum to be abailable or it could mean you are saving until you can afford a specific gun that is already on the market.

I take that as a gun that is hard to afford.

I don't think we are off topic at all. It's a great big WTB thread :)

I'm sure there are plenty of folks planning on buying a 10/22 or a Mossberg 500, but those aren't guns people are "holding out for". Then again maybe they are, if they are, maybe they could explain WHY they are "holding out for" these particular firearms.:s0155:

Was holding out getting a Glock 26 until I sold one of my other guns. Now that it is sold I see that Davidson's is sold out of, not just 26s, but ALL 9mm Glocks. WT*!? Great timing. Just great. Another friggin gun buying panic amongst shooters, but this time on the ONE gun I want to try. Would prefer a "like-new" used one, but I'm not going to pay retail or above for a used gun. I guess I will wait until the panic ends (will call around tomorrow to see if I get lucky). Ok, my ranting is over...

I have pretty much owned at one time all of my favorite black guns. Next up is SBR which I may not do since I may be moving back to California.

LWRC REPR maybe or a POF P415. Thats one of my last couple guns on my list..Not really holding out since I could probably buy 5 of them right now cash but nothing really looks good right now, already owned most..

Scar been there done that, Kriss Super V been there 3 times, FN FS2000 been there, FN PS90, Colt 6940 and 6920 been there a few times as well, LWRC M6A2 been there, LMT, BCM, Daniel Defense, Noveske, Hk 416 upper, Hk .40 Compact, Desert Eagle .50 AE, SIg, etc etc etc..

I recently sent the following letter to Kel Tec, Taurus, Ruger and Remington:

There are countless people who are fully committed to the .38 Special/.357 Magnum handgun platform. I'm convinced that lots of those shooters would like to purchase the following:
A .357 Magnum Pump-Action Carbine
This could be a wonderful "sport utility/survival weapon".
A tubular magazine could hold eight-plus rounds and could always be "topped off" during breaks in the action. The tubular magazine could clamp to the barrel in such a way as to reinforce the barrel - thus allowing it to be thinner and lighter without sacrificing accuracy.
A folding stock could be designed so as to fold very compactly to the side - still allowing feeding rounds and ejecting spent brass and also allowing a scope mount. Or else, the stock could fold over the top in such a way that the iron sights are still usable while the stock is folded. In either case, a folding stock should collapse and fold very tightly against the weapon so as to make it fully usable when the stock is still folded.
As a .357 round is considerably smaller in diameter than even a .410 shotgun round, the whole thing could be quite compact and elegant in design.
A .357 round would whiz out of a 16 inch barrel so as to kick up the caliber's range and stopping power considerably. Having the weapon be a pump-action would further increase power by not wasting it on cycling in the next round - like in a semi-auto design. (though I'd be open to that too).
I'm convinced that this is a great idea and that if well executed, a gun manufacturer could sell lots of them. Please consider it.

Was holding out getting a Glock 26 until I sold one of my other guns. Now that it is sold I see that Davidson's is sold out of, not just 26s, but ALL 9mm Glocks. WT*!? Great timing. Just great. Another friggin gun buying panic amongst shooters, but this time on the ONE gun I want to try. Would prefer a "like-new" used one, but I'm not going to pay retail or above for a used gun. I guess I will wait until the panic ends (will call around tomorrow to see if I get lucky). Ok, my ranting is over...

When you factor in shipping just how much do you save buying a G26 from Davidson's? Is it worth the wait? I would just go buy it locally.

It seems this thread went from firearms that aren't available yet, hard to find, special, or hard to afford to just a list of average guns people plan to buy.:s0126:

I can afford any stock gun I want to buy, I'm holding out for a nice 4006 without LE agency markings or an interesting 3rd Gen S&W in .45. Possibly one of the Chief's Special semiautos, also. Not that easy to find good-condition, civilian models of these guns in the Puget Sound area: it doesn't seem like the 3rd Gen Smith's were really adopted or terribly popular around here.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top