JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Are you going to open carry on the 19th?

• Total voters
I'm not going to carry and neither should anyone else.

Carry a well thought out PG or cleaner rated sign and behave like grown ups. If this ends up on TV the last thing anyone needs is a negligent discharge or a nasty sign or screaming an yelling.

We need NUMBERS THAT IS IT JUST A WHOLE CRAP LOAD OF WELL BEHAVED PEOPLE STANDING AROUND HOLDING SIGNS OFFERING THEIR POINT OF VIEW.

NOT what the media will call GUN NUTS PACKING HEAT.

500 people screaming and yelling packing AR's and AK's just exactly what the media would love to put on the 5:00 5:30 6:00 and 11:00 news WITH THEIR VOICE OVER COMMENTS.

I'll be there but will leave if stupid breaks out

And keep in mind you can't OPEN CARRY loaded unless you have a current CHL.

Carry a well thought out PG or cleaner rated sign and behave like grown ups. If this ends up on TV the last thing anyone needs is a negligent discharge or a nasty sign or screaming an yelling.

We need NUMBERS THAT IS IT JUST A WHOLE CRAP LOAD OF WELL BEHAVED PEOPLE STANDING AROUND HOLDING SIGNS OFFERING THEIR POINT OF VIEW.

500 people screaming and yelling packing AR's and AK's just exactly what the media would love to put on the 5:00 5:30 6:00 and 11:00 news WITH THEIR VOICE OVER COMMENTS.

If you want to choose to not exercise your rights then that is fine, but you need to quit bullying people who choose to exercise thier right given to them by the second amendment!

Good point, but I don't plan on screaming and yelling, that's reserved for the "ALL CAPS" folks.

If you want to choose to not exercise your rights then that is fine, but you need to quit bullying people who choose to exercise thier right given to them by the second amendment!

I'm not trying to bully anyone so please stop using liberal tactics on me.

I am trying to help this event be as productive as possible. I did a lot of lobbying back in the late 80s early 90s I was one of the guns that went to and testified at the hearings to get us to the point Oregon is now a Shall Issue State. And I learned a lot about how this crap works.

And giving them something to twist around and use against us is not productive.

My rights don't need to go jogging around the capital building. What my right need is a productive show of support.

I am trying to help this event be as productive as possible. I did a lot of lobbying back in the late 80s early 90s I was one of the guns that went to and testified at the hearings to get us to the point Oregon is now a Shall Issue State. And I learned a lot about how this crap works.

My rights don't need to go jogging around the capital building. What my right need is a productive show of support.

I am the farthest thing from a liberal you will find. I am just stating facts, I also do not need your resume on what you have done for gunrights!

When the women demonstrated for right to vote, they looked like women.
When the blacks marched for civil rights, they looked like blacks.
When the gays marched for gay rights, they looked gay.
We should look like gun owners when we march for gun rights. (i.e. Open carrying)

So there! My font is larger, bolder, and more red than yours!

I don't care if people show up with firearms or not, I just want people to show up!

This right here! Bring people with you too! This may be one of few chances we get to let our voices be heard. For all the "I'm not giving up my guns!" talk, here's our chance to make sure that it never gets to that point. Get out there, spread the word. Call your friends, relatives, coworkers, whoever.

I want to look out on a sea of people in Olympia. Stand up for your rights!

but you need to quit bullying people who choose to exercise thier right given to them by the second amendment!
There was no 'bullying' about it. The OP was offering sound suggestions to those who plan to attend of which I agree. We are not facing any carry issues but we are facing ownership issues of certain firearms and accessories and THAT is what needs support. Ever heard the term 'Throwing gas on the fire' ? We don't need any cans of gas brought to this event.

I couldnt agree more! Although I agree with Alex jones the delivery was horrible!!!!!!! Although he spoke the truth he did more damage than good. People need to realize that right now we are the minority. The people that oppose us will more than likely always oppose us, but marching around looking like "crazy people" will push those that are on the fence over to the dark side. This is not the time for brut force..... not yet. Right now is the time for common sense and some not so common sense liberal tactics.
I am not saying go un-armed just please leave the black stuff at home.

I kind of know how you feel because we are all used pictures, video, and experiences with the occupy-type protests. However, I challenge you to think about the population of gun owners here. When I hear about a gun demonstration I get a vision of a bunch of idiots wielding guns and shooting into the air; maybe that is because I am used to seeing idiots demonstrating on tv and my brain immediately paints this picture for me; I know that this is an irrational picture, but I still have to fight my brain to see the more likely outcome; maybe I have been brainwashed by the media via what I seen through the media.

In a more likely picture, We tend to be much more of a conservative crowd and less likely to "scream and yell" or go "jogging around the capitol building" during our protests.

You do have a good point in cautioning people to act rational and mature during these events to show the rest of our country what kind of people we are, and I think you have a good point in making this about the people who own guns and not about the guns. Anti-gun people like to demonize the gun and not the person who uses the tool. I do think we need to make this about gun owners and not guns to show people that we are not all mentally ill wackos (hopefully they don't read gun forums :) ).

I had thought open carry in salem was illegal. After a little googling I find that it's legal IF you have a CHL, or IF it is unloaded.

I'm not stating those as fact. I got those from other forums. But it would be worth clarifying.

We don't want to see a bunch of gun owners getting cuffed by the police on TV.

If the media is around and taking pictures, you've got to understand they do not like gun owners and are just hoping and praying they get some negative footage on our cause for the 5pm news. This is the way they treated the Tea Party get- togethers so we know this in advance. The press is 100% liberal and with Obama!! Let's wear nice clothes and leave the guns and camo stuff at home. Just my two cents......

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top