JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey Folks,

I was cleaning a few things out of the truck today and thinking about making a couple changes. Normally my truck is equipped with everything I need for a few days in the woods. With recent events I'm thinking of increasing some staples: more food, more water, adding a tent instead of just a bivy, more ammo, ect.

I'm still hammering out the details. But what about you? Any changes to your loadout?

Hey Folks,

I was cleaning a few things out of the truck today and thinking about making a couple changes. Normally my truck is equipped with everything I need for a few days in the woods. With recent events I'm thinking of increasing some staples: more food, more water, adding a tent instead of just a bivy, more ammo, ect.

I'm still hammering out the details. But what about you? Any changes to your loadout?

I stripped everything out except a quick donning chest rig with 6 mags.

I am not going anywhere and I figure a breakin is more likely. I grab a rifle when leaving more than a couple miles from home.

The truck itself? No. Too many tools, not really enough space for extra stuff. I try to keep a loaded bug out / get home/ emergency kit bag in the truck. I may re-evalute what goes in there tonight before going back to work tomorrow. If I had the space to secure and hide a long gun in the truck, I would, but I don't. Too much work related crap behind the seats. Also not thrilled with the idea of arming a criminal if the truck gets jacked while I'm working.

Nope. I'm in no position to bug out.
I am though as discussed with the wife is that if SHTF I have intent to drive her to and from work. As an RN and dedicated her life to labor & delivery, protection of her in positions like we don't want to have happen is important. She is on a secured lockdown floor so her protection at work is guaranteed via strict access control.

I work 300 yards from home and school next term will be all online. I'm probably going to be doing school/work at work. I'm too close to everything to make any moves.

Prepared as a bug-in.

Sounds like all pretty good plans (everybody has different needs, right?). My plan right now is definitely "bug in" but it's always good to have an alternative...

I feel the same as Taco Phat :p that vehicle break ins are probably more likely now and storing my valuables in a location of lesser security isn't ideal. If I needed to leave I could be on the road in a few minutes even after carrying my kids to the car under each arm.
Buggin in will likely make more sense.

The only change made is i just pulled the ammo out of my vehicle just in case of a break in. No reason to give the bad guys the idea that the firearms are in the house.

I do need to re stock with TP though,Those 9 rolls between 2 rigs sure are coming in handy.

Hey Folks,

Hide it so it can't be seen, then stolen.

Hide it so it can't be seen, then stolen.

So Firearms are one thing. If a rifle is in my vehicle, and not slung on my shoulder, it's locked up.

I'm thinking about other things you'd keep in the vehicle. Like water, dog food, more road flares, a tent, food, extra pair of eye glasses, ect.

The loadout being reduced due to the threat of car theft/break ins could be wise and is still a change of plans.

For those that decide to keep a firearm in the vehicle, I hope it's at least locked up when you're not around.

One thing I've noticed since moving to Oregon 7 years ago. Is how many folks parking their vehicles outside in the driveway and not in the garage. My whole neighborhood is like this. I'm one of a very few that parks both vehicles in the garage.

I feel the same as Taco Phat :p that vehicle break ins are probably more likely now and storing my valuables in a location of lesser security isn't ideal. If I needed to leave I could be on the road in a few minutes even after carrying my kids to the car under each arm.
Buggin in will likely make more sense.

Case in point, 2 vehicles broken into last night a block away from my house.

Follow up. Two more vehicle break ins in my used-to-be-quite neighborhood. The owner pursued the criminals while calling 911. They were caught, and then released because they are "non-violent" due to Covid-19. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I keep procrastinating, (a good word!) changing out from Winter cold snowy rainy weather to Summer hot dry buggy sweaty weather. Nothing much kept in the baby SUV ... nothing that if stolen would be really missed. No valuable stuff.

Wintertime stuff is mostly warm dry clothing, a good cheapo tent, some cheap tarps and additional ways to stay warm and dry. Summertime is mostly water and bug bite precautions. A few less MRE's in the Summer. All bagged in plastic.

The various sized and allocated bug out bags ranging from a 20 pound overnight backpack to a huge 2 person 150 pound 5-7 day duffle remain in the house. Too valuable to leave in the car. All of this must complete with vehicle off road stuff.

One thing I've noticed since moving to Oregon 7 years ago. Is how many folks parking their vehicles outside in the driveway and not in the garage. My whole neighborhood is like this. I'm one of a very few that parks both vehicles in the garage.
My jeep doesn't fit in my garage really. Ive got a "two car garage" but single doors, and the house side is very tight due to the fireplace and furnace being on that side.

Well folks, it happened: a family member had their car broken into. On a fluke they were parked on the street instead of the driveway (in a nice neighborhood). Thankfully nothing too important was in the vehicle at the time. I still keep a small "go bag" in my truck but my vehicle load-out is staged in the house. Stay vigilant my Friends.

same vehicle load out. couple of MRE"'s under that back seat, case of water, and a all band HT vhf/uhf that hits all the local repeaters.as well as wilderness channel, and all frs gmrs channels ( RX). and the cell phone. all bug out bags are in garage ready to grab, Everything in truck is out of sight except the water, we have been having a run of auto breakins in our neighborhood lately also.
edit: i should probably take the water out,, 10 cents a bottle recycle might get me a smashed window.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads