JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
http://market-ticker.org/

Pump up the gold story. Get your friends to tell retail investors to buy some gold every month. Get your buddies in the financial business to offer exchange traded gold funds (ETFs) that claim to buy physical gold. This will sound safe to retail investors, but in fact, the ETFs are very risky. This will serve your purpose when you are ready to start a panic. These particular ETFs will allow the "gold" to be commingled with the custodian's gold, and the custodian can lease out the gold. Moreover, the "gold" custodian can give it to a sub custodian that the manager doesn't know. The sub custodian can give it to yet another sub custodian unknown to the original custodian. The manager will never audit the gold, and the gold is not "allocated" to a particular investor. Since this is an "exchange traded" gold fund, investors will probably assume the gold is regulated by the Commodities Futures Trading Commission (CFTC), but it isn't. By the time investors wake up to the probability that there is very little actual gold backing their investment, your plan will be ready to execute.

------------------------------------------------

more at the site....

jj

It's a horrible investment compared to nearly other type of investment. It would only be "totally the hot ticket" if society as we know it crumbled around us (yes, even more so than having a Muslem president". In that scenario, I think ammo would be worth it's weight in gold (pun intended)...

There was this outer limits episode I remember seeing...this guy can travel through time, so he burries a crapload of gold in a time capsule and travels to the future.

So here he is, in the future, thinking that his canister of gold is going to buy him whatever he wants. But when he tries to barter with another citizen, the guy says basically looks at him like he's a moron and says "Salt is the currency now".

All the gold ain't going to mean crap to the guy accross from you if all he wants is to eat, drink, or defend himself.

Make sure you have enough of the essentials before you start pooling together trinkets of gold pieces- thinking you'll be the only rich king among peasants.

It's a horrible investment compared to nearly other type of investment. It would only be "totally the hot ticket" if society as we know it crumbled around us (yes, even more so than having a Muslem president". In that scenario, I think ammo would be worth it's weight in gold (pun intended)...

I have to second this. Gold is not an "investment" in the traditional sense. It is a store of wealth to hold during possible massive inflation.

I hold quite a bit of gold and silver. I am not expecting this to be useful in the event of a total societal collapse, but then I honestly do not think such an event is coming. More likely is a period of hyper inflation -- that is when gold/silver or other "hard" assets will be useful.

If there is a sudden collapse, then you had better hope you have food, water, bullets/guns, med supplies. What do you think a pack of smokes would be worth following a collapse. A lot me thinks. What is the currency in prisons: smokes!

Just my thoughts....

DJM

I have to second this. Gold is not an "investment" in the traditional sense. It is a store of wealth to hold during possible massive inflation.

I hold quite a bit of gold and silver. I am not expecting this to be useful in the event of a total societal collapse, but then I honestly do not think such an event is coming. More likely is a period of hyper inflation -- that is when gold/silver or other "hard" assets will be useful.

If there is a sudden collapse, then you had better hope you have food, water, bullets/guns, med supplies. What do you think a pack of smokes would be worth following a collapse. A lot me thinks. What is the currency in prisons: smokes!

Just my thoughts....

DJM

Water
food
bullets
lighters
Warmth/dryness.....

F gold

http://market-ticker.org/

Pump up the gold story. Get your friends to tell retail investors to buy some gold every month. Get your buddies in the financial business to offer exchange traded gold funds (ETFs) that claim to buy physical gold. This will sound safe to retail investors, but in fact, the ETFs are very risky. This will serve your purpose when you are ready to start a panic. These particular ETFs will allow the "gold" to be commingled with the custodian's gold, and the custodian can lease out the gold. Moreover, the "gold" custodian can give it to a sub custodian that the manager doesn't know. The sub custodian can give it to yet another sub custodian unknown to the original custodian. The manager will never audit the gold, and the gold is not "allocated" to a particular investor. Since this is an "exchange traded" gold fund, investors will probably assume the gold is regulated by the Commodities Futures Trading Commission (CFTC), but it isn't. By the time investors wake up to the probability that there is very little actual gold backing their investment, your plan will be ready to execute.

------------------------------------------------

more at the site....

jj

Jim, with respect you, but I can not help but comment:

Anyone who buys gold ETFs is a fool. Gold/silver must be physically held -- that is the whole point of buying PMs. Otherwise it is mere market speculating and choosing to speculate in PMs is a bad idea.

Cheers,
DJM

Those who buy gold instead of guns & ammo for a SHTF scenario will probably end up loosing it to those who do buy guns & ammo. Plus in a barter situation, I would bet a round of ammo will trade (or close to) what the same amount of gold will trade for.

Gold is a fool's bet. Historically it has paid off less than bonds or commercials savings accounts. When it goes high it tends to only favor a select few because the market is so over manipulated and the peaks are when the majority is controlled by certain parties. Then once it is redistributed the price goes down.

Here is a tip for you. If anything is actually a great investment the people selling it do not pump money into advertising it. Gold is one of the most advertised commodities.

If you think that there will be a serious devaluation of the currency before (and maybe leading to) SHTF conditions, then gold and silver should help weather that storm. After devaluation, you can cash in some gold (likely to be worth much more) to get the things you need as well as things you can trade later (like salt, bullets, seeds, matches, toilet paper). When SHTF takes hold, you may less likely be able to obtain necessities with gold.

It's been stated above.............
Gold and Silver are NOT investments.

They are for securing buying power for the future. You don't get rich by buying PMs.

Gold has the exact same buying power it did 100 years ago.

Even in Ancient Greek times, 1oz of gold bought a Toga(giggle), top-notch sandals, and dinner for 2.
Today 1 oz of gold would buy a nice suit, nice shoes, and dinner for 2.

I do buy gold and silver for this exact reason.

It's been stated above.............
Gold and Silver are NOT investments.

They are for securing buying power for the future. You don't get rich by buying PMs.

Gold has the exact same buying power it did 100 years ago.

Even in Ancient Greek times, 1oz of gold bought a Toga(giggle), top-notch sandals, and dinner for 2.
Today 1 oz of gold would buy a nice suit, nice shoes, and dinner for 2.

I do buy gold and silver for this exact reason.

All that and this: If your going to speculate, better know the market is rigged by the market makers.

http://jessescrossroadscafe.blogspot.com/search/label/Gold Price manipulation

http://jessescrossroadscafe.blogspot.com/2010/03/bombshell-whistleblower-steps-forward.html

http://www.gata.org/node/8466

Yes, that's why if your not long on your gold position, your speculating. And if your speculating, you better know what your doing and stop listening to the talking heads.

Yes, that's why if your not long on your gold position, your speculating. And if your speculating, you better know what your doing and stop listening to the talking heads.

You can't make money trading PMs. The premiums alone would eat any profit you might make.

The exception to the rule is like winning the lottery. If you sold all your silver back in the 80s when it was $50 per ounce, then you MIGHT have made money.

Need a crystal ball for that kind of thing though.

Some of you guys are bashing gold buyers , but if the ish did go down most people are going to be thinking currency. Their cash isn't going to be worth the paper it's printed on and coins are going to be worthless. And that's even if you can get any money because just like the depression the banks will close immediately and they will just take your money. People will want some sort of currency at least until they figure out that you can eat currency.

My dad was kind of ahead of the curve on this one and predicted (which anybody who paid close attention would have) the downfall in the US dollar and took out his 401k and bought gold and silver and his investment has been really good so far. He did this around 2000 when the market was booming. But the same problem persists most of his investment is in a depository and if the market falls the govt will just lock it down and take it. You can't protect it unless you have it in your home and are sitting on your roof armed to the teeth.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top