JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
NWFA has been around for four years now, so the question is "Are you better off than you were four years ago"?

I know since I became a member that I have benefitted from others knowledge and experiences. I have also been able to contribute some of mine as well. The classifieds are what drew me but not what has kept me here.

Lets hear what others have to say on the subject.

Bet you thought the question was about something else!

Edit: For discussion about the other version of this question go here......<removed broken link>

Last edited by a moderator:
You're right, I did think it would be about something else. I predict the thread will head that way quickly, but for now I will play.

As far as firearms go, I am better off now than four years ago. I attribute that to the decision to get off my you know what and acquire some weapons, ammo, and reloading components that we may not so easily obtain later on down the road.

Thanks mostly to this forum and people here I have a lot more knowledge. Better trained and able with various weapons. Not 'more' though. I had more in the 90s. Now I see prepping as a lot broader ranging than guns and bullets.

read the OP, no not at all, I have "condensed" my gun collection. It's tough out here. The good part about being here is the contact I have made with some pretty nice guys. The guys in chat have kept me from going wacko in a clock tower.

As far as knowledge from the forum, I have learned lots & lots. Have made lots of wonderful trades with cool guys. Chat guys rule.
As far as my collection though, no, 4 years ago I had some nice stuff, just last week I sold off my only gun, my single shot 12 ga :( for a low asking price of 80 cash. Hoping to get a pump shotgun in the near future for my primary HD weapon. Great forum

I spent a while trying to shoot my great grandad's trapdoor springfield in competition. I'm now slightly improved with a Pedersoli rolling block. Better off? Yes in numbers, no in goojoo. Financially I'm better to the point of looking at a truly competitive .22 to control my aim. Personally, I'll still weave like a drunkard in a rowboat, I guarantee it.

YES, YES & YES!

Since I've joined the "gun forum world", I have received ALLOT of knowledge, met some good people, made a few friends & improved my gun selection.

Since I have been on this site my life has gotten better some of it can be attributed to this site, I have met some decent people like the OP I have also made some good friends who I met on this site.

I've benefitted from ideas/suggestions for prepping. I'm significantly better prepared today than four years ago.

On the firearms front, not really sure if I'm "better off". I certainly have more guns, but does that mean I'm better off? To be honest, I'm not sure I've turned to NWFA to get advice. If I'm doing research on something, I'll probably just use Google to search all over the Internet for information first.

Still, I think this is a good resource for the NW firearms community. I'll probably re-up my charter membership soon.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top