JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Better to be proficient with all types and makes of weapons.
Learn to be dangerous , safe and a good person, do good deed's.
Share your knowledge.

If the day come's you have to use those skills... Don't hesitate , it might be the last thing you do.

AK.jpg

Last Edited:
Having been shot at by both...and seen just what they can do ....
As well as shooting both...and carrying the M16 series for a great deal...
I can say that both the AK47 and the M16 series / AR15 work very well.

Use what you like and what works for you...,
And don't worry too much 'bout what the other guy likes.

As for me...neither...
I much prefer my Hawken Rifle....:D
Andy

In the USA where combloc ammunition is not available everywhere you step but NATO ammo is, why limit yourself? I can probably go door to door in my neighborhood alone and end up with a ratio of 100/1 556 to 7.62x39.

For that reason alone the AR15 is vastly superior to the AK, at least here in the USA.

Otherwise the rest is just opinions and such. Both are good guns.
I'd flip that ratio on it's head, if I were your neighbor.
9 or 10k in 7.62x39 and over 7k in 5.45x39 . Probably enough to load my mags 3 times over.

In the USA where combloc ammunition is not available everywhere you step but NATO ammo is, why limit yourself? I can probably go door to door in my neighborhood alone and end up with a ratio of 100/1 556 to 7.62x39.

For that reason alone the AR15 is vastly superior to the AK, at least here in the USA.
You do know that there are AKs chambered for 5.56x45?

Also - Galil

So it is ok that the Taliban uses ARs now?

If China invaded, I would get a kick out of shooting back at them with a Chicom AK - but I will hold an AR in reserve for those people who can't wrap their head around using whatever works best.
Yeah, I don't give a flying F what the Taliban does now. They're (and ISIS) not shooting at me these days.

And I never said I didn't know how to shoot an AK, simply that I had no use for them. And anyone that thinks AKs work better than ARs..., well, can't help ya.
As an American, I've got experience with ARs since 1979, grown rather fond of 'em.

Having been shot at by both...and seen just what they can do ....
As well as shooting both...and carrying the M16 series for a great deal...
I can say that both the AK47 and the M16 series / AR15 work very well.

Use what you like and what works for you...,
And don't worry too much 'bout what the other guy likes.

As for me...neither...
I much prefer my Hawken Rifle....:D
Andy
You've been hawkin' them for years now. :)

And I never said I didn't know how to shoot an AK, simply that I had no use for them.
And I never said you didn't. I inferred that some people may have trouble wrapping their head around the concept of using whatever works - regardless of who made it, who invented it, where it came from, whoever else uses it, or what they use it for.

In short, I don't give a flying fig who invented the Kalashnikov or the Armalite, who used it for whatever purposes, etc.

When it comes to a defensive long gun, if it works for my purposes, that is all I care about. Personally, like @Ura-Ki, I am partial to the FN-FAL.

As an American, I've got experience with ARs since 1979, grown rather fond of 'em.
*shrug* - I've got my first experience with an AR in '77, in boot (and I had to teach the other boots how to field strip and clean them because none of them knew bubblegum about guns). Doesn't make me anything special and more importantly, doesn't make the AR anything special to me.

Guns are guns. Inanimate objects. For the most part I have no special sentimental fondness or hatred to them, beyond their functionality (except lever actions with octagon barrels - but I still wouldn't choose one over either an AR or an AK or an FN-FAL as a defensive firearm - but I did buy one to put in the gun room).

I am an AR guy but I own a single AK rifle. It is used by both Chinese and Russian troops. I at least want to know how an AK works, fires, how to field strip it and clean it.

7B1D1DC2-9CDA-46F2-A388-A7A8F39A72DC.jpeg

I inferred that some people may have trouble wrapping their head around the concept of using whatever works - regardless of who made it, who invented it, where it came from, whoever else uses it, or what they use it for.
Understand. Relative to my statement of personal history with the AR, I only said that because, after some 43 years, I am gonna dance with the one I brung...

Under exigent circumstances, i.e., a battlefield pick-up, I'll certainly use what's available without prejudice. Failing that, though, I just want a comfortable platform I use well that I've personally seen work pretty damn effectively in some fairly chaotic situations.

AK's were fun and practical when Wolf non magnetic was $50 for 500, l guess now there are some options for customizing but 20 + years ago l had to make my own side mounted scope bracket.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top