JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
What do you think of this tiny 10 yr old Fifth grader, and her amazing shooting abilities competing in 3 gun competitions??

His she getting into competitive shooting too young? Here is a link to her Facebook page:

လုံခြုံရေးစစ်ဆေးမှု လိုအပ်သည်

13680191_432621546908592_6064060003093512795_o.jpg

13662078_432621353575278_5175782318921266137_o.jpg

13669547_432621243575289_514087266455627086_o.jpg

I think that she ROCKS, and kudos to her dad to let her follow her passion.

My son was competing at DRRC back when he was around 11. Shooting speed steel with other kids and dads.

This was when DRRC 1st started putting on IDPA marches with chis and brent cunningham.

The kid needs to be mature enough to understand the responsibility of firearm safety and be strong enough to handle the firearm they are shooting.

What age is that?
Depends on the person.
I have seen 40 and 50 year old men who I wouldn't trust with a squirt gun.
On the other hand , we have some pre-teens and teenagers who show up at rendezvous and I have no qualms about them handling or shooting the guns there.

I have never shot in a 3 gun competition , but I am guessing that there are a host of safety rules and range officers on site.
With this in place and the competitors own safety training , I wouldn't worry too much.
Andy

Last Edited:
I think she's great. As Andy said, as long as she is safe on the range, I wouldn't worry. I've seen competitors as young as seven (not 3 gun) who are really going to great shooters when they get a little older. I love young people getting into our sport and they should be encouraged to continue.

I think kids that grow up around firearms are much less likely to have accidents. I had my daughter shooting at around 8-9. I expressed gun safety and showed her the holes in the cans and targets we shot. Then explained they would leave holes in people and could injure or kill someone. She never touched any firearms without me present. They are no longer curious. My step son is the same way. He's had his own guns and safe since around 10 and knows my rules about leaving nothing out. I also let some of his friends shoot under supervision and with their parents permission and expressing gun safety. We can't let television and video games teach our children gun safety. They should learn young by thier parents.

Last Edited:
My daughters chose Soccer, so 15 years of practice 3-4 days a week & every Saturday too. I cherished the time I had with them for sure...do I wish it was shooting...that would have been a blessing indeed. So kudos to this gal and her Dad.

I like how she has the slide open, weapon pointing away from the reporter and when she is not engaging targets her finger is always outside the trigger guard. Kudus to her and her father.

I think this is great!! Every child should be able to follow there passion in life no matter what sport they choose. In any sport safety is a concern. With proper guidance and knowledgeable instructors guiding her along the way this is a sport that she can do for the rest of her life.

I think kids that grow up around firearms are much less likely to have accidents. I had my daughter shooting at around 8-9. I expressed gun safety and showed her the holes in the cans and targets we shot. Then explained they would leave holes in people and could injure or kill someone. She never touched any firearms without me present. They are no longer curious. My step son is the same way. He's had his own guns and safe since around 10 and knows my rules about leaving nothing out. I also let some of his friends shoot under supervision and with their parents permission and expressing gun safety. We can't let television and video games teach our children gun safety. They should learn young by thier parents.
The tin can thing is great. When I teach kids I bring a phone book with me. I stab the book with a knife and show them how deep it went. Then I shoot the book and show them that it went all the way through. Then they get a matter of fact "So you can see that this is not a toy" and we continue with the instruction. Seems to make them more focused on safety.

Super cool to see a kid of that age doing 3-gun. I've actually seen her before on YouTube. I wish my girls would get on board with my hobby a bit more, but my oldest does seem to be coming around!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top