JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

What's your Cheaper Than Dirt policy?

• Screw those guys.

Votes: 99 83.9%
  • I'll snag an occasional sale item but still tell everyone they suck.

Votes: 10 8.5%
  • Whatever, Im over it. A deal's a deal.

Votes: 9 7.6%

• Total voters
I firmly believe in the free market; they are free to ask whatever they want for an item and I am free to buy it elsewhere. And always will!!

I get why everyone is pissed at them, but we all still buy gas and who the heck is gouging us more than the gas companies? They take every chance to increase their profits, and still do.
On the other hand , Cheapo's shipping is ridiculous so I wouldn't use them regardless of what the did.

I still remember their outrageous pricing. I won't ever buy from them. I actully go to their web page occasionally and, using their messenger style online help, ask them if "they still have any $95 dollar pmags in stock" just for fun....

They used to be one of my primary websites for ammo and survival gear. I used to buy from them once a month or so. NEVER AGAIN! I don't even look through their catalog when I get it in the mail. It goes right into my recycle bin.

Anybody notice that Michael Bane (Downrange Radio Podcast, Best Defense, Shooting Gallery) is now being sponsored by CTD?

I'm not sure I'm happy about that and I bet he's gotten some hell about it.

There was an old saying from an Insurance Salesman that went something like this, "everyone knows 240 people whether they know it or not and if you tell people you see they will continue the discussion then it won't take long for the word to reach many people".

I've already told my friends to pass on those bozo's and when the word finally gets around enough we will see they working for someone else iso being in business.

Eh, past is the past so I'm over it. I've forgiven people for worse.

Besides, when you pay for tuition and books out of pocket you do what you gotta do.

Though I gotta ask. How many of you would also stay away from Colt?

th?id=OIP.Mc225dfb4f21a26ef1dc9a27da8962ae0o0&pid=15.1&P=0&w=300&h=300.jpg o_O

The main reason I still hate them is NOT because of their high prices...I'm still a capitalist and if the market will bear a high price, then a willing seller and buyer should be free to make a deal.

My reason is that (and my memory of exact details needs a little help...) they announced they would stop selling guns through FFL's because of some anti-gunner-sounding reason like they couldn't be sure of their buyers. And then, when they re-started selling guns again, they lied and said their real reason had something to do with (and here's where I'm really missing exact details) their shipping protocols or something. They totally denied that they were just knuckling under negative reactions to gun retailers.

Anybody able to help fill in some of these gaps? The main thing is I strongly remember my anger at that at the time. Emotions don't quickly fade, even when material facts sometimes do.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top