JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

What's your Cheaper Than Dirt policy?

• Screw those guys.

Votes: 99 83.9%
  • I'll snag an occasional sale item but still tell everyone they suck.

Votes: 10 8.5%
  • Whatever, Im over it. A deal's a deal.

Votes: 9 7.6%

• Total voters
Reactions
We all remember the shenanigans they pulled a couple years ago. Plus, they have a reputation for shady shipping pricing and crappy customer service. Given the widespread boycott I'm kind of surprised they're still around. Obviously they had to bring prices back down to stay alive.
Now they seem to have some pretty good deals on ammo and even mags. Is it time to forgive and forget? Stay pissed? What do you guys think?

Unless the aholes running the company change... My opinion stays the same.

Solidarity.

I forgive, but I don't forget.

I don't think their prices are any better anyway.

I see no reason to shop with them when there are better places to shop online.

I didn't forget what Dick's Sporting Goods did either - I will never step foot in there again.

I would sooner stab myself in the eye with a rusty spoon, before I found myself buying anything from CTD.

Also, they offer literally NOTHING of value for a price that cant be found elsewhere for comparable (most times cheaper) cost. If they do, that's my first sign that something strange is a afoot. Either way, Ill pay extra to get it elsewhere.

If Cheaper Then Dirt were an old girlfriend that slept with every guy you knew behind your back, would you go back to her?

Last Edited:
I was still buying other items from them when they raised their prices on ammo this last go around. I noticed a good buy on 22mag when ordering one time so added it to my order. A couple days later they send an email stating it wasn't available and blamed it on a computer glitch and would send everything else. Couple days later the same ammo was listed at 3 times the price and plenty in stock. Sent an email to customer service about it and got the run around so I called. Needless to say I cancelled the order told them I wouldn't be back and deleted all my info from my account page so the catalogs/emails wouldn't be sent and haven't been back since.

This wasn't the first such incident but it was the breaking point. I spent a lot of money there over the years (thousands) and if this is their practice I'm sure their sales are down.

Nope I don't care what they are selling! I took a screenshot of this a few years ago just to make sure all my friends and family always remember.
I also return their mail!

Screw them!

m16mag.JPG

Nope I don't care what they are selling! I took a screenshot of this a few years ago just to make sure all my friends and family always remember.
I also return their mail!
Screw them!
View attachment 265100
No way! dang. I'm pretty much done selling guns but'd pretty much give those away, loaded, in the one AR sale I made, which was a giveaway in itself.
What are people thinking?
I'd never give them a penny.

If you are against what MANY companies did (and are STILL doing) and said "Never Again" will you patronize business then be enough of a man to remember and stick to your gunz!!!
True. If you ever want to have a heart attack, just go look what Big-5 is and has been selling bulk 9 for in these steady state times. amazing business model

I actually called CTD about their AR mag pricing. being a dealer they have always given me a discount.
They told me the demand had gone up so much that they had to raise their prices. And the new dealer price was now $89.00 for the above magazine. One single Colt AR-15 magazine was $89.00 dealer cost.

At the same time yes everyone was buying mags. I place an order with good old Brownells. Brownells never raised their prices one cent! I had alum, and Pmags mags on back order and Brownells was able to fill the order within 3 weeks.

The multiple shipping "wharehouse" locations is BS.

Most of their products are junk anyway.

They've messed up more than one order of mine in the past, pre and post panic.

While I understand supply and demand, free market and all that jazz.. $100 for a USGI mag is just insane. To go from $6 to $100 over night.. Nah.. Thats not the kind of place I want to do business with. Plently of other shops maintained product and at the very worst raised the price by $10.

Plenty of other online retailers that supply just as much if not more.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top