JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I could be all wet on this one but are we missing an opportunity when talking to the opposition or even the moderates and uninitiated on gun laws if we don't bring up the economic benefits?

Off the top of my head I can think of several small WA companies that would likely go out of business if ARs are banned again. Not to mention the many gun shops that ARs & accessories amount to a lot of their business. Maybe be should portray the anti gunners as anti business and anti jobs with their attacks on our rights? Seems like this would be a worthwhile poll for one of the gun rights orgs. to conduct. Questions like, how much of your business is AR related? Without it would you have to lay off employees? Would loss of AR, AR accessories and ammo sales for AR variants put your business in the Red? Sure, in the WalMarts and big box stores like Sportsmans Guide it won't hurt as much. But the smaller one or two person mom and pops, the guys and gals who make triggers, and other cool improvement items, I am sure the loss of ARs hurts.

Just some thoughts that occurred to me over coffee this AM.

I mean yes we all know that RTKBA is the core question but showing the economic damage seems to be a better tactic to fight in the legislatures and on the streets in every day conversation. Is there any hard data out there for NW companies who depend on this? It also aids the aluminum factories as well as machinery/CNC companies, etc. No one is banning Ferraris or Rousch Mustangs because they go too fast, right?

Brutus Out

Your assuming they give a crap.

As we've seen in the recent election and aftermath, the left and the following idiots only want destruction and obliteration of the right and everything they stand for. The 2A is at the foundation of that.

I hear what you are saying but the total civilian gun industry is about 11.5$ Billion. Apple alone did 78$ Billion. Nike is 30.6$ Billion.

I think the case about it being a right is a better arguing point. IMO.

I think that every "reason" or argument that we can use on "our" side is helpful.
As long as facts support it ... why not use the economic angle?
A ban hurts business ...
Are you Mr. Anti- Gunner anti small business?
Do you want to see more folks out of work?
These are good questions to ask and follow with some numbers and facts regarding just how it would hurt the economy.

Sure there may be better ways of defending the 2A ... But lets not overlook any help we can get.
Andy

As we know the AR sales are slowing. Most of us stocked up when Obummer was elected. You do always need something cool for them. But we can not drop our guard. Continue to fight for our rights to stop being stripped by gobberment. Good point about the economics. The firearms industry supports many jobs. We need to keep our ARs. How outgunned do they really need us to be before their happy ? Just butter knifes and rubber tip arrows ? Besides mine were stolen just before they show up. :)

I don't think that they care.
It's black, evil and it's gotta go.

Colorado ran off Magpul (and others) when they joined with the other commie states.

Agreed - anti-gunners would say "good riddance" and "we don't want that kind of money".

When talking politics, most people, on any side of any controversial issue, respond emotionally, not logically or rationally. Indeed, that is true of almost any issue, ranging from gun control to whether you buy organic veggies or not.

Tell the Progressive Gun Grabbing types that the Right to Vote resulted in what they consider the theft of Presidency from their pal Hillary or Bernie and gave it to whom they apparently believe is Satan himself...
...are they next going to push restrictions to the right to vote also.?
Actually, it would not surprise me if they did.

That or they'll just try to dilute the voting pool with even more vote fraud and illegal votes...

Any valid argument is worth making, of course. The problem with making an economic argument to the progressive left is that the progressive left is economically ignorant. It would be like trying to explain the internal combustion engine to my dog.

As we know the AR sales are slowing. Most of us stocked up when Obummer was elected. You do always need something cool for them. But we can not drop our guard. Continue to fight for our rights to stop being stripped by gobberment. Good point about the economics. The firearms industry supports many jobs. We need to keep our ARs. How outgunned do they really need us to be before their happy ? Just butter knifes and rubber tip arrows ? Besides mine were stolen just before they show up. :)

I lost all of mine in a boating accident...

I don't see an economics argument being particularly helpful! Perhaps with true moderates, if any still exist. The left will just scream about greedy, conservative, evil, black rifle nuts making they're obscene profits on the bodies of "THE CHILDREN!" :mad:

I don't see an economics argument being particularly helpful! Perhaps with true moderates, if any still exist. The left will just scream about greedy, conservative, evil, black rifle nuts making they're obscene profits on the bodies of "THE CHILDREN!" :mad:

Well apparently about 10% of the country that was on the fence voted Trump within the last week. I figure those are the folks we need to explain it to.

Brutus Out

I know it maybe seems anathema to our cause, but maybe bring up a point that their States stand to lose a lot of revenue from taxes if they run out gun corporations and they take their jobs elsewhere, as well as losing even more revenue from the potential taxes paid on goods and services should they consider passing a sales tax? :rolleyes:

I mean... the Left is fond of Taxing the Evil Corporations, Economic Consequences Be Damned?

I know it maybe seems anathema to our cause, but maybe bring up a point that their States stand to lose a lot of revenue from taxes if they run out gun corporations and they take their jobs elsewhere, as well as losing even more revenue from the potential taxes paid on goods and services should they consider passing a sales tax? :rolleyes:

I mean... the Left is fond of Taxing the Evil Corporations, Economic Consequences Be Damned?
Ideology trumps revenue and other practical concerns, every time.

Can always just say "well, tax the companies making them. Make money off them, or run them off, either way same result" :rolleyes:
Ideology is it's not enough to milk 'em dry, they and all associated Must Be Destroyed. As in "Screw that guy, AND his whole ZIP code just for being around him."

The Radical Left have always been terrorists, ever since the days of Marx and Lenin... just some are better at hiding it than others, and some use regulations, taxes and economic activities rather than overt direct violence.

Well apparently about 10% of the country that was on the fence voted Trump within the last week. I figure those are the folks we need to explain it to.

Brutus Out

Ok, that may be valid! But, consider the folks that didn't vote for trump, per se, but did vote against Hitlery!

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads