JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
With the glock 43 soon to be hitting stores, Are we going to see a flood of small carry pieces hit the market?

What do you guys(and gals) think? Personally I think it already has. I've seen more 938s go up in the last two weeks than I have all year.

Well there have been a multitude of 380's and just a few 9's. The problem is that small light guns of 9 MM and bigger are none too pleasant to shoot. While I Carry a Glock 29, it is a heavy little gun. I rarely shoot more than 30 rounds per practice with it. In the summer I use a XDs 45, also unpleasant after a half box of ammo. My backup is one of my 380's, I can shoot two 50 round boxes or more thru them at practice no problem.

Glock is late to the party. Kahr, Ruger, Taurus and others have had small 9's for quite a while. Darned
near everyone also has a 22 rimfire version , except the gnomes from Austria.

Always something new comes along but I tend to wait a while and see how they really work. Not liking what I read about glock generation 4 guns so I doubt I will ever buy one. What I have works fine and no need to change.

I have no idea why folks would buy the 42/43 when there are other cheaper and just as functional options out there.

But you're right, seems like sub compacts found there niche and are going to flood the market.

Gen 2 & 3 Glock 19 are best CCW Pieces in the Western Hemisphere ...
GLOCK GLOCK GLOCK GLOCK GLOCK GLOCK GLOCK GLOCK GLOCK GLOCK GLOCK GLOCK
GLOCK GLOCK GLOCK GLOCK GLOCK GLOCK GLOCK GLOCK GLOCK GLOCK......................
What? The number one pistol for an AD. I prefer a carry gun with a manual safety! Like
the M&P. Yes I said it. I know it is sacrilege. :rolleyes::p:D:)

I like the glock up to the Gen 4 but don't carry one much. Now and then the tactical Tupperware makes a trip with me but not often these days. Is smaller always better?.... probably if you pack every day. My neighborhood is still pretty civil so I don't pack all the time.:D

I carry a Walther PPS in 9mm. It's a single stack (7+1 or 8+1 depending on the mag) but heavy enough to make it a great shooter. If you put the PPS and the G43 side by side, you'll see a lot of similarities, except the PPS has much better ergonomics and an exceptional trigger. They'll sell a ton of the G43s, but it's nothing revolutionary.

There will be a renaissance of the Glock 19 THE TRUE CARRY PIECE ...

Gen 2 & 3 Glock 19 are best CCW Pieces in the Western Hemisphere ...

I like the G19 for the 9mm's, and G30 for the 45ACP.

I plan to accuire a total of 4 each, for me and my "wingmen". o_O

I won't own a Clock because even the LEO's shoot themselves with them,:eek: no thanks!!!!

Only the LEO's that were hired via Affirmative Action and too busy trying to look cool in front of a classroom fulla peeps from "da hood". :rolleyes:

Last Edited:
Yes. Over the last few years there has been an increase in the small more concealable handguns that are available. There must be a market for them as the manufacture's keep making more. They are going to make whatever sells.

I think the market already has a lot of options for small carry guns. And I will be buying a G43. I love my Glocks. Flame away. But they always go bang.

Well you can see where my 'head' is at - I had to Google Glock 43 to see what it was. But really after years of hi - caps prevailing in the semi- auto gun world is the 'cornerstone' of the industry displaying a sign of things to come - or just offering something they have never had before to round out there offerings?

Ithink the market already has a lot of options for small carry guns. And I will be buying a G43. I love my Glocks. Flame away. But they always go bang.

Oh I'm sorry. :) Maybe if you gathered up and sell all those Glocks you could buy a good handgun.
Like one made in the USA??? :D
I know I am being a jerk. But I can't help myself when it comes to bashing Glocks.;)

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top