Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Are Washingtonians More Satisfied With Their Firearms Than Oregonians?

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by Pops1911, Jan 5, 2016.

1. Pops1911

Pops1911 Cinebar/Issaquah Well-Known Member

I really like reading the firearms classified ads placed by our members. However after a few months of perusing the ads I have formulated a question. Are Washingtonians more satisfied with their firearms than Oregonians? I ask this because it seems that Oregon firearms ads outnumber Washington ones by at least 3 to 1. Are we in WA happier with our pistols, really? Do the Oregonians own more hardware than WA folks thereby having more to sell? Inquiring minds want to know. -chuckle-
    DISCLAIMER- this is a stupid thread created by a very tired mind tonight. Have fun with it gang. I'll even start. I am very happy with the hardware that I own. I am a buyer rather than a seller. I learned long ago never to sell one of my firearms. [face palm] Gad I wish I had my Army issued 1911A1 back in my hands. Sold it way back when. Why? Needed money. I know it's a sad but common tale. I truly hope all the OR folks do not regret selling what they now own and have to re-buy another one some day when they snap out of it. I feel your pain.

Flopsweat and x2ndxall like this.
  2. x2ndxall

x2ndxall WA Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter 2016 Volunteer

Joe13 and Caveman Jim like this.
  3. IronMonster

IronMonster Washington Opinionated Member Diamond Supporter

yep, I just think there are three times as many ducks as dogs

Joe13, Caveman Jim and 41Slinger like this.
  4. Godzilla

Godzilla Battle Ground, WA Member

Roll Tide!

5. jbett98

jbett98 NW Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

No sales tax here, so it frees up more money for essential toys.

6. CHLChris

CHLChris Portland Metro East Love me some guns! Bronze Supporter

The loss of WA users is probably a cycle. As their #s went down, fewer buyers. And fewer buyers mean fewer sellers. And less traffic means fewer users. I don't know the original thing that started this loss of WA traffic, but I've seen it, too.

7. jbett98

jbett98 NW Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Measure 594 might be the answer.

Joe13, Flopsweat, Caveman Jim and 2 others like this.
  8. CHLChris

CHLChris Portland Metro East Love me some guns! Bronze Supporter

If that's the case, I sure hope 941 doesn't destroy the OR market!

9. etrain16

etrain16 Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I don't think 594 or 941 are killing the market for guns in general, but perhaps for some private sales. Just out of curiosity, I checked on the NICS checks for Washington for the past 3 years and here is what I found (total NICS checks, including those for CPL permits as well as sales):

* Sept. 2013 (36,213), 2014 (35,256), 2015 (40,441)
    * Oct. 2013 (41,311), 2014 (41,682), 2015 (45,081)
    * Nov. 2013 (40,784), 2014 (44,782), 2015 (43,989)
    * Dec. 2013 (46,998), 2014 (49,286), 2015 (73,158)

So these numbers go back before I-594 became law. Seems to me the number of checks has been on the rise, in general, in Washington. Maybe more folks are just bypassing the PITA that is a private sale and just buying from dealers instead?

What was really shocking were the numbers for Dec. 2015 - average for the last 4 months of the year seems to be from 40-50K per month, but Dec. 2015 blows that away with 73,158!! Wow, seems like Dec. 2015 was the month to buy guns in Washington! Probably have the President to thank for that one (probably didn't hurt that it followed the Paris and California attacks).

x2ndxall likes this.
  10. Pops1911

Hail to the cheef. The best gun salesman the US has ever known!

Caveman Jim and mjbskwim like this.
  11. 223to45

223to45 Whatcom Active Member

Until Hillary takes over and she will make him look like a child's toy

Flopsweat and Caveman Jim like this.
  12. MagDump

MagDump Vancouver, Washington Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

As much as it pains me to say this, the Democrats are having a gun-war and they are winning. I594 was passes and it stopped the on-line trading in Washington. On-line trading was popular because it did not require a background check. Now it is just easier to go to the local gun shop or have it transferred to your local gun shop. People are too busy and too cheap to pay the price for the second amendment. NRA memberships should be growing but its not because the Liberals have made people afraid to join. People don't talk at work about it like we did back in the 80's and 90's. Political correctness has made it awkward. You cannot talk about Religion and Politics. Guns are very political. Peoples feelings might get hurt. The Democrats hate the NRA. That is why I support the NRA. Eventually you or your children will give up their guns to the authorities. One or two generations and all guns will be outlawed and those that have them will be felons. Sad, but that is where things are going. After the guns are gone the free speech will go away. Free speech hurts peoples feelings.

s0082[1].gif

s0082[1].gif

x2ndxall likes this.
  13. Flopsweat

Flopsweat Slightly right of center Well-Known Member

I talk about it at work any time someone brings it up. I like explaining to folks that NRA members are ordinary folks like you and me. The really awesome part about that is that every now and then, someone perks up with something like "Yeah, I'm an NRA member too, betcha never would have guessed that, huh?". Please don't let the PC crowd cow you into submission. Speak out. You don't have to be brass about it, in fact, the more calm and comfortable you appear, the more surprised people seem. It's almost as if they've been conditioned to expect us to all be toothless inbred racist idiots. :rolleyes: But seriously, stand up for yourself - you'll be standing up for us too.

etrain16 and x2ndxall like this.
  14. MagDump

MagDump Vancouver, Washington Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Believe me, I talk about Guns and NRA at work all the time but I could not tell you the name of one co-worker that is a member. Many verbal supports, not many that actually spend their money on it.

Joe13 and Flopsweat like this.
  15. Joe13

Joe13 NW of Vancouver Opinionated & Blunt Bronze Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

+1 on location.

Most members are in the PDX metro area so it stands to reason there are more sale ads in OR then WA on here.

I do think 594 made a difference in how and where people buy guns. If you have to add a $20 fee in (especially true with lower prices guns) it makes used guns look less attractive - and then there are always the "I don't want the Man to know what guns I have group" that do not want to do BGC's, either selling or buying.

erudne, Pops1911 and etrain16 like this.
  16. Pops1911

Thanks Joe13. I believe I got it now.

17. erudne

erudne The Pie Matrix PPL Say Sleeping W/Your Rifle Is A bad Thing? Bronze Supporter

I have to agree, despite the fact that online CC purchases of accessories can be tracked many simply won't voluntarily go into a .Guv data base that is only meant to confiscate firearms and deny us our inalienable rights, thereby enslaving the nation
    If one right is taken, they are all taken

18. rdb241

rdb241 Puyallup Washington Gold Supporter Gold Supporter