JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I seems like there's a lot of ruckus in the last decade or so.
We've had a few things in our nations history that have divided the nation, put neighbor against neighbor, brother against brother so I ask; Is this our turn (or maybe again)?
i.e. Revolution, War of 1812, Manifest destiny, Civil war, Indian wars, WWI, Prohibition, Equal rights, WWII, Korean War, Vietnam war.

Now the fight is on, or maybe turned up, about the immigration invasion, bloated government and gun control.

Are we, as a race, that dense or that stubborn that we can't figure this ‘stuff' out after almost 250yrs?
Or, do we get comfortable and let those in high places take care of the ‘stuff' until they upset us.
It just seems that what's right is right and what's wrong is wrong. Or is that to damn hard?
Ok, rant over.

No I agree with you that the country is divided more than it has ever been in my life time. I also feel the government is fanning the fire by putting us vs them like the rich vs the middle class, pro gun vs anti gun and so on and so on and everything is a crises. Then the national debt and spending money we do not have.

So it is not just you for the first time in the 15 years I have known him, my brother in law started to talk to me about the same thing Saturday and he is worried about what is going on and he worries about nothing and he never has.

So your not alone my friend, your not alone!

You got it backwards, friend.

Right is wrong, and wrong is right.

Lying is honorable and integrity is racist.

Weakness is stregnth, and stregnth is racist.

Stealing is honorable, and acheiving is selfish.

Good is evil, and evil is good.

Light is darkness, and darkness is light.

The entire world has been ever so slowly turned into a dark, twisted wilderness, and the people wander... many will perish.

We are in the equivalent of a civil war/cold war. We have 2 groups in America who have nothing in common. We not only have nothing in common but we hate each other, no worse than hate at times loathe.

Where I live, the people around me and my life have nothing in common with a liberal in a blue state. We are no longer even brought together by mutual love of country, they despise it and take every chance to as commrade Obama said "fundamentally change" America.

At one time.....many years ago Democrats and Republicans might disagree on alot but they still both loved this country, its people and its culture this in no longer true. An over simplification but easy way to see it is a red state vs blue state civil war, takers vs makers, stateists vs freedom lovers, how ever you want to look at it the country is more deeply divided than all but the period right before the first civil war.

It seemed that the events of 9/11 brought the country together for a short time, but I concur that it feels like things have become more polarized that ever.

I also believe that the politicians are reinforcing the polarization such that it distracts the sheeple from the critical issues of the failing empire and the ballooning debt.

Peter

So it’s more than the age-old thing between ‘bosses’ and ‘workers’, the ‘have’ and ‘have-nots’?
There seems to be a new group, or maybe growing group of ‘you owe me’.
What I don't understand is the Dems in power are supporting or they believe in the ‘me’ group.
What happened to an honest days wages for an honest days work? :s0092:
The Dems in power positions didn’t get there by having anything handed to them as they clawed through school, college, work life and then their elections. They must have a sense of pride. Wouldn’t they naturally expect others to also pull themselves thru life by their own boot straps?

This isn't a thing where someone likes mustard and I like ketchup. Some of their modes of thinking just baffle me. :nuts:
Don't get me wrong, I don't agree with all Republican ideas either.
Do none of them remember; "United we stand, Divided we fall"?

Maybe I was just born 100 years to late. Ya, I know......cry me a river. :s0161: :s0058:

The empire of the US has been in transition for perhaps the past 20 years, not many noticed when things where still good due to heavy consumption and they were employed, and now *boom*. The collapse of the housing bubble has destroyed artificial wealth for many, and consequently decimated the consumption-based economy and the associated jobs. It is unlikely to return.

Some will continue to abuse the system. Others may have nothing else based on their skills, geographic location, family burdens, or other. They assume that leaders will tell them the truth and ultimately guide them through this mess.

The leaders will not. We are witnessing history with this depression (no politician today will call it for what it really is...). My "crystal ball":
- the politicians will milk the debt until it pops too, and they will tell you "it's OK" right up until it collapses
- the middle class is rapidly dying, and we are headed to a two-tiered society such as Argentina
- it will take one or possibly two generations for expectations to stabilize about the deep, two-tiered society in the US
- anyone with wealth will need to become less conspicuous and more protective

Peter

So it’s more than the age-old thing between ‘bosses’ and ‘workers’, the ‘have’ and ‘have-nots’?
There seems to be a new group, or maybe growing group of ‘you owe me’.
What I don't understand is the Dems in power are supporting or they believe in the ‘me’ group.
What happened to an honest days wages for an honest days work? :s0092:
The Dems in power positions didn’t get there by having anything handed to them as they clawed through school, college, work life and then their elections. They must have a sense of pride. Wouldn’t they naturally expect others to also pull themselves thru life by their own boot straps?

This isn't a thing where someone likes mustard and I like ketchup. Some of their modes of thinking just baffle me. :nuts:
Don't get me wrong, I don't agree with all Republican ideas either.
Do none of them remember; "United we stand, Divided we fall"?

Maybe I was just born 100 years to late. Ya, I know......cry me a river. :s0161: :s0058:

Most of them did not really work a day in their lives. They got into politics early and got to be in the position of power by being lying and manipulative pieces of trash.

...so I ask; Is this our turn (or maybe again)?

Yes, it is "our turn." There is a repeatable 80yr-100yr cycle in play. Nobody can predict the exact events or outcome, but each phase of the cycle repeats in sequence. We are in the "Crisis" (there are other terms for it also) phase of the long cycle now. This phase should be wrapped up by around 2020-2025.

Maybe the Mayans where right after all. It was not the end but the beginning or start of the end of the world as we know it.

I feel 2013 will be a very rough time in America and with luck and strong people the America we know will survive maybe not for us right now but for those who follow us.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top