Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

are they for us or against us?

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by dario541, Aug 16, 2010.

1. dario541

dario541 medford, or 97504 Member

There is a lot of talk today about illegal aliens in this country. Liberals generally want to give them amnesty and allow them to have the same rights as those of us who were born here or came here legally. Why do Liberals feel this way? One thing that I never hear being discussed is that millions of these illegals are VOTING!

SO, MY QUESTION IS: "Are the bulk of them voting for pro- or anti-gun candidates? As gun owners we want to vote for those candidates who will protect our gun Rights. But, how many of our votes may be cancelled out by Illegals voting??

Voting is supposed to be a PRIVILEDGE of citizenship. Thus, those Illegals who are allowed (and encouraged) to vote are breaking the law on this point, also. Is it even worthwhile to vote anymore?

2. Cougfan2

Cougfan2 Hillsboro, OR Well-Known Member

Please site your facts. I have no doubt that there are some illegal immigrants that have voted, but I have seen no hard facts that millions of them have voted in elections.

BTW, I am by no means a proponent of illegal immigration. It's just that if you are going to make a statement like that you need to back it up with facts.

3. Karma

Karma the woods in Oregon Active Member

It doesn't even matter if they are voting right now. The problem is that the pres is letting them flow over the border in huge numbers right now with full intentions of legalizing every one of them so they can vote. Nothing like picking up 20-30 million to add to your voting base. I also am wondering how these people will impact things if the Liberals plan works. How will they impact which candidates are voted in, and along with it our rights?

This free flow of people coming over the border needs to be stopped. The pres has done everything in his power to keep them coming.

4. Cougfan2

Kind of my point. If literally millions of illegals are already voting 1) the MSM would not be able to suppress numbers that large and 2) if they are already voting by the millions, why all the pressure from the left about granting amnesty in order to make them citizens so they can vote? And it's not just Obama. The democratic party knows full well that the vast majority of illegal immigrants are only able to survive here due to the entitlements that the dems have supplied to them and they know full well that if they become citizens with the right to vote they would probably be a 90% reliable voting block for dems.

5. captqc

captqc Tigard Silver Supporter Silver Supporter

Per the Pew Hispanic Center report of Dec 2007 they vote 57% Dem and 23% Rep. Another web site says that 10 million voted in the 2008 elections. As the dems are the party of entitlements it's no suprise how the numbers are over two to one for the Dems.
    Where's my free stuff Obama!!!!!

6. Cougfan2

Interesting numbers. I'm curious, do the PEW numbers factory in ALL hispanics voting in the U.S., just illegals or is there a break out? Same question for the 10 million figure in the other web site. Where did that number come from.

Not debating the number, just curious where it came from.

7. ZachS

ZachS Eugene/PDX Active Member

Bush got 45% of the hispanic vote in 2004... I wonder why those voters seem to have shifted their support to the Democrats... anti-immigrant rhetoric, perhaps?

Despite all of the garbage people spew about hispanics only coming here to consume social services, they're by-and-large socially conservative entrepreneurs, and a natural Republican constituency - they were, in fact, the Republicans' to lose.

8. captqc

captqc Tigard Silver Supporter Silver Supporter

Coug, I would think that the numbers they put out are for just legal voters. The 10 million number (actually the estimate was 9.3 million) came from the Hispanic Marketing and Public Relations web site. That web site made the point of saying that the Hispanics would need to increase voter particapation to have an impact on an election. Gary

9. Trlsmn

Trlsmn In Utero (Portland) Well-Known Member

Welcome back, where's the picture post?

10. armedredneck

armedredneck Oregon Active Member

This is something I've pondered myself. I'm curious what the actual numbers are because you KNOW that some of them are voting. Even if they are, I'm not so sure it really matters because I'm not completely convinced my vote counts anyway. As a 9 and a half year military veteran I make sure I vote in every election that I served to protect. National, state, county, city, etc... Anyway, if they are all given amnesty (which is probably gonna happen) it could go either way. They may vote reliably Dem just because they ARE dependent on those programs, or they may vote largely Republican because most of them are Catholic and may not be able to get over the abortion hurdle. Anyway you look at it......

......we ARE being invaded......

.......AGAINST our wishes.......

....our government is HELPING that happen.....

So the question remains.......what are YOU going to do about it?

Call your congressman, write letters to anyone that'll listen, bubblegum and moan and demonstrate with signs.......on and on and on.

Do what you will, the same old methods are obviously ineffective........nothing will make a difference when the Gov has all control and has no interest in YOUR best interests.

(Obviously I've lost faith in the system).

And yes.......if they're willing to allow (I mean ENCOURAGE) this to happen, you can kiss your gun rights goodbye in the not-too-distant future.

11. Cougfan2

That was what I was thinking as well.

12. chemist

chemist Beaverton OR Well-Known Member

I'm a Progressive, and I was a Liberal before that. It's too bad the term Liberal was smeared by political tools who have duped citizens like the OP.

I don't condone amnesty for illegals; I believe that they should all be deported. I'm a 2A zealot. Yes, I'm for the US of A: I'm for smaller, less intrusive government, and mostly, I'm for killing off this travesty of a two-party system that has been so thoroughly hijacked by the monied interests.

In short, anybody who thinks that there's a political solution to the crises we face with illegals, offshoring of jobs, the debt bomb, or government corruption simply hasn't been paying attention.

So the use of inflammatory name-calling, be it 'libtard' or 'teabagger,' serves only to help those in power to drive a wedge between ordinary citizens, and keep us from joining forces to take back our country.

I don't think that we can avoid an economic meltdown and its resulting depression no matter what we do - it's too late, the money's gone. I only hope that we don't go the way of Germany in the 1930's and go running to any demagogue who promises us a return to the good ole days.

13. ZachS

ZachS Eugene/PDX Active Member

Still uploading the photos, but here's one of a hot рussy to wet your whistle:

972046338_trddy-M.jpg

14. CharlesAFerg

CharlesAFerg Beaverton Active Member

I know that some illegals vote. I have seen ballots delivered to non citizens before.

You can call me a liar, I don't care, but I saw it.

The fact is, there aren't exactly statistics for that.

15. trainsktg

trainsktg Portland OR Well-Known Member

There is another compelling reason many Establishment types (Rep and Dem) want whoever is illegal to become legal; their precious FDR program Social Security this year started paying out more than it takes in. If more of these folks earning money illegally under the table would earn it legally, and therefor have to pay FICA taxes on it, the collapse of the program could be forstalled for a few more years (at least until the current crop of government goonies is long out of office).

Keith

16. Cougfan2

Interesting theory. I hadn't even thought of that, but it makes a lot of sense.

17. armedredneck

This is one of the few times I find myself in agreement with "the other side". You hit it right on the head. I myself am guilty of getting wrapped up in the two party-party. But you're right, all it does is serve to divide us even more. I believe it was orchestrated.

There is NO political solution. It's too far gone.

18. rufus

rufus State of Jefferson Well-Known Member

Well, at least we all agree that we're screwed. :thumbup:

19. 2506

2506 Seattle Well-Known Member

The number of illegals in the US in 2009 was at a 30-year low, so I'm not clear as to how you get "the pres is letting them flow over the border in huge numbers right now."

20. armedredneck

Ummmm.....Probably because they ARE flowing over the border in huge numbers and seeing as how HE's the President.....that makes him responsible. Especially since he's not really doing jack to stop it.